New school director, 51, under fire for ‘intimate relationship’ with schoolgirl, 14

webfact

New school director, 51, under fire for ‘intimate relationship’ with schoolgirl, 14

By PRASIT TANGPRASERT 
THE NATION

f404cc33da21dbb9f39765f438b8aaa6.jpeg

A 51-YEAR-OLD school director accused of having an inappropriate romantic relationship with a 14-year-old schoolgirl in Nakhon Ratchasima’s Bua Yai district has been transferred effective immediately.

School director Nathapop Boonthongtho was transferred out of the school to an inactive post pending a disciplinary panel’s investigation. Nathapop did not show up at work this week.

If he is found guilty, he will be sacked from the civil service and also face criminal charges, Nakhon Ratchasima Primary Education Service Area Office 6 deputy director Supapongsa Chantharang said yesterday.

A Ban Patong Thanoen Samakkee School committee and teachers this week brought the scandal to the media’s attention by producing Line chat messages from the girl’s mobile phone as evidence. 

That evidence prompted the Nakhon Ratchasima Primary Education Service Area Office 6 to establish a disciplinary panel to investigate the allegation and prepare assistance for the Mathayom 2 student. 

The office’s Promotion of Educational Provision Group head, Khomkrit Mumthaisong, yesterday led panel members to visit the school to investigate the alleged three-month relationship, which reportedly started shortly after the school director took a position at the school. 

The committee was expected to gather evidence and report its result to the office’s director within seven days, Supapongsa said.

A friend of the victim told the panel that the girl previously had a boyfriend in Mathayom 3, but after Nathapop took the job at the school he had made advances and had an “intimate relationship” with her. 

The friend said the school director would tell the girl to skip classes to go on trips and stay with him at a resort. 

The victim had said she was “in love” with Nathapop and he had promised to ask the girl’s family for permission to marry her on February 14, the friend said.

In another development, Paiwan Haithong, the leader of a residents’ group calling for Nathapop to be punished, filed a libel complaint against him at Bua Yai Police Station, claiming she had received a threatening phone call from him in which he had made accusations about her son.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30336978

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-24

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

evidently he still feels he has done nothing wrong and that points to a serious problem upstairs in the grey matter.

Why are the police not involved ?????  why has he not been arrested

51 years old - where was he working before, I suspect this is not the first time this scumbag has been abusing children

Happens all the time, I know 3 girls all under the age of 14 that have had relationships with much older men.

In most country's the men would be imprisoned. But in Thailand the men will have to give the girls family money, or get married. Then all is OK face is saved all round.

After a three month relationship I am surprised that she is not pregnant.

43 minutes ago, doremifasol said:

Why hasn't been called a pedophile? 

Because it's very unlikely a 14 year old would be pre-pubescent.  You should head off to the Daily Mail.  They like to call 18 year old guys who have sex with 15 year olds 'paedophiles'.

i want to clarify the term ''resort'',which Is very misleading, we see many in issan ,these are nothing more than ''short time rooms'',or long term rooms 200-350bt,we stayed in a resort while our home was built and what I saw on one occasion, the young girl was crying as 3 males forced her into the room,and this was the room attached to the owners home!!!, my wife was very reluctant to file any complaints......i often wondered where these young girls get ''raped''???...now I see the ''resorts ''supply rooms and look the other way.as the cycle of fatherless children, teen school dropouts  and phsycologycal imprisonment,,continues..SAWADEE NO CRAP

Edited by mok199
speliing

School directors are often treated like gods here, everyone in the school bowing and scraping to them, it's really quite sickening to see. Most abuse their positions for financial gain, some for sexual gratification, and some for both. They sit in very plush offices equipped with all the latest gadgets, easy chairs, and do very little. This idiot should be punished to the full extent of the law to set an example to others.

1 hour ago, CelticBhoy said:

He was transferred from his previous school to this school because of exactly the same thing.

Unbelievable  . . . .  :shock1:

Sorry, but where did you get this information from? I see nothing in The Nation report about an incident at a previous school.

5 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

School directors are often treated like gods here, everyone in the school bowing and scraping to them, it's really quite sickening to see. Most abuse their positions for financial gain, some for sexual gratification, and some for both. They sit in very plush offices equipped with all the latest gadgets, easy chairs, and do very little. This idiot should be punished to the full extent of the law to set an example to others.

BINGO....

48 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

Sorry, but where did you get this information from? I see nothing in The Nation report about an incident at a previous school.

There is more than one source of news available to you.

Have a look around. You will see what I said is true.

1 hour ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Because it's very unlikely a 14 year old would be pre-pubescent.  You should head off to the Daily Mail.  They like to call 18 year old guys who have sex with 15 year olds 'paedophiles'.

Okay. Let's say you have a 10-year-old daughter. Would you want this guy renting the house next door to you for a year? You know - with him not being a paedophile and all. 

21 minutes ago, CelticBhoy said:

There is more than one source of news available to you.

Have a look around. You will see what I said is true.

OK mate -- wasn't having a go at you. I just haven't had the time to look for the story elsewhere.

1 hour ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

I wonder what you would be calling him if you had  14 year old he had been raping? Probably not splitting hairs over a a couple of years and what category of abuser he falls into. These perverts do unimaginable damage to individuals and families for years that rarely come to light.

Can you imagine the uproar if a Farang was caught having a relationship with a 14 year old Thai schoolgirl?

This case will be swept under the carpet as usual in Thailand, without any major repercussions to the director. To get such an esteemed position at a school, his family must have money, or well connected, so zero chance of anything happening here. TIT.....:post-4641-1156693976:

2 hours ago, mok199 said:

i want to clarify the term ''resort'',which Is very misleading, we see many in issan ,these are nothing more than ''short time rooms'',or long term rooms 200-350bt,we stayed in a resort while our home was built and what I saw on one occasion, the young girl was crying as 3 males forced her into the room,and this was the room attached to the owners home!!!, my wife was very reluctant to file any complaints......i often wondered where these young girls get ''raped''???...now I see the ''resorts ''supply rooms and look the other way.as the cycle of fatherless children, teen school dropouts  and phsycologycal imprisonment,,continues..SAWADEE NO CRAP

Just part of Thai culture they are so proud of. Supported, as by your wife, by no-one doing anything about it. What if it was her daughter? As so often here, not my child, not my problem. And so it continues...... People do it because they know they will get away with it. Sorry if you see this as personal, but you made it so by mentioning your wife's (non) action. Sadly though, she is typical.

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Okay. Let's say you have a 10-year-old daughter. Would you want this guy renting the house next door to you for a year? You know - with him not being a paedophile and all. 

The school director is a predator, the problem for normal people is that none of us ever know whether our next door neighbours are sickos until they get called out.

"Nathapop Boonthongtho was transferred out of the school to an inactive post"

Heard of cops going to this inactive post, what must be now the biggest building in Thailand, but never a teacher. What do teachers and cops actually do there? Swap stories?

I can imagine  a building 50 stories high with balconies with low railings and high suicide rate.

Floors 1 to 30 Cops

Floors 31 to 49 Politicians and Army

Floor 50 For Teachers and all women on that floor must be older than 50