New school director, 51, under fire for ‘intimate relationship’ with schoolgirl, 14

webfact

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Just part of Thai culture they are so proud of. Supported, as by your wife, by no-one doing anything about it. What if it was her daughter? As so often here, not my child, not my problem. And so it continues...... People do it because they know they will get away with it. Sorry if you see this as personal, but you made it so by mentioning your wife's (non) action. Sadly though, she is typical.

wow dude ...taking the time to insult my wife and I, without even a post regarding this predetor, mabey you just come out to troll,or flirt with me...prrrrrrrr

Edited by mok199

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed some of the teenage girls in the village I stayed in for a while had smart phones. When the Pu Yai Ban was giving. my girlfriend an I a lift to the Airport he was complaining about being broke all the time.

You can guess the rest.

6 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Because it's very unlikely a 14 year old would be pre-pubescent.  You should head off to the Daily Mail.  They like to call 18 year old guys who have sex with 15 year olds 'paedophiles'.

not in Thailand

6 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Because it's very unlikely a 14 year old would be pre-pubescent.  You should head off to the Daily Mail.  They like to call 18 year old guys who have sex with 15 year olds 'paedophiles'.

Uurrgh!!!

its almost as if your defending this guy... but I know your not (actually, hope would be a better word than know)

definitions differ, some link pedos with an age of 13 or younger. The girl is 14 now... but how old was she when the “molestation” started?

with everyone agreeing that Thais look younger, a pedo tag is not inappropriate in this case... but hey, let’s settle for calling him a child molester, if it makes you feel better.

and a predator.... he started after this CHILD shortly after arriving at his new post.

but most worrying to my mind, is that the media has used terms such as “ inappropriate romantic relationship” and “intimate relationship”, which is arguably a method of normalizing the whole sordid affair, which at day’s end, is amongst the most heinous of crimes, IMHO.

Mother defends girl, 14, over ‘romance’ with school director

By Prasit Tangprasert 
The Nation

The mother of the 14-year-old Mathayom 2 schoolgirl at the centre of an alleged inappropriate romantic relationship scandal with a 51-year-old school director in Nakhon Ratchasima’s Bua Yai district said on Wednesday that she was puzzled by the claims.

The mother, whose name was withheld to protect the girl’s identity, said she didn’t believe her daughter would behave that way, and that an “unfair” allegation had been brought forward “against an innocent teenage girl” by the mother of the girl’s Mathayom 3 ex-boyfriend.

She said she would wait to hear from the daughter about what really happened, and would not take any legal action against the school director yet.

Meanwhile, Ban Patong Thanoen Samakkee School director Nathapop Boonthongtho – who was transferred immediately on Tuesday to an inactive post pending a disciplinary panel investigation – has not been seen this week. Nor has the girl, whose 40-year-old mother said was currently staying with a relative in Sakhon Nakhon.

The Nakhon Ratchasima Primary Education Service Area Office 6 has launched an investigation into the allegation, which could lead to the man’s dismissal from the civil service. He might also face criminal charges if deemed guilty.

Education office deputy director Supapongsa Chantharang, who led the investigation’s preliminary fact-finding panel, said on Wednesday that his team had interviewed four members of the school committee, the ex-boyfriend and two close friends to the girl. They had found some grounds suggesting Nathapop had demonstrated inappropriate behaviour towards the girl.

He said Nathapop allegedly paid special attention to the girl and often took her out alone. Supapongsa said the team would interview more teachers and students to get details.

He urged the girl to talk to his team so they “could directly hear from the damaged person”. Nathapop should also explain his side of story to ensure justice to all parties, Supapongsa said.

Nathapop has called in sick and has not presented himself for his new duties at Nakhon Ratchasima Primary Education Service Area Office 6.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30337050

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-24

8 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Pedophile rapist, should be in custody not in School

He's not a pedophile, as a pedophile is attracted only to prepubescent children. The rape charge would stick if it can be proved he had intercourse with the girl, as she is below the age of consent.

42 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Uurrgh!!!

its almost as if your defending this guy... but I know your not (actually, hope would be a better word than know)

definitions differ, some link pedos with an age of 13 or younger. The girl is 14 now... but how old was she when the “molestation” started?

with everyone agreeing that Thais look younger, a pedo tag is not inappropriate in this case... but hey, let’s settle for calling him a child molester, if it makes you feel better.

and a predator.... he started after this CHILD shortly after arriving at his new post.

but most worrying to my mind, is that the media has used terms such as “ inappropriate romantic relationship” and “intimate relationship”, which is arguably a method of normalizing the whole sordid affair, which at day’s end, is amongst the most heinous of crimes, IMHO.

You are right I am not defending the guy. He is a depraved criminal who disgustingly abused a position of trust and deserves to rot for many years in a Thai prison.

I was simply answering his question as to why he was not called a pedophile in the news article and I think my previous answer is probably why.

The definition of a pedophile is not age related but as I said an attraction to prepubescent children.

This guy may well be a pedo, the issue I have with the word being used incorrectly is that it diminishes the depravity of the word. And it can put a 16 year old boy who has sex with full consent with his 15 year old girlfriend in the same bracket as an old man who abuses a 5 year old.

Please don't take this as meaning I don't find his actions totally despicable as I do. I also agree with you the term  "inappropriate romantic relationship" could be seen as trying to normalize such behaviour. I can definitely settle on him being called a child molester.

58 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Uurrgh!!!

What does it matter what the guy's tagged as? His action speaks for itself, and the fact that the media is putting him under a microscope for it shows that society rejects it.

Do you think we also have to douse the guy in gas and set him on fire? He'll get what he's got coming to him.

As for the media's 'most worrying to your mind' terms,  you're clearly not familiar with the draconian libel laws here. Calling it "inappropriate" is not even remotely arguably a way of normalizing what he's doing.

1 hour ago, seminomadic said:

What does it matter what the guy's tagged as? His action speaks for itself, and the fact that the media is putting him under a microscope for it shows that society rejects it.

Do you think we also have to douse the guy in gas and set him on fire? He'll get what he's got coming to him.

As for the media's 'most worrying to your mind' terms,  you're clearly not familiar with the draconian libel laws here. Calling it "inappropriate" is not even remotely arguably a way of normalizing what he's doing.

Of course it matters how he is “tagged” or described.... how naive can you get.... at the moment we are talking about someone who is described as a person having an inappropriate relationship... that conjures up an opinion... a bias of some sort, regardless of who you are

if he had been described as a predatory child molestor, that would conjure up a different opinion in most people’s minds... generally a much worse opinion, so a different bias

bias is being manipulated by wording... and the word “inappropriate” can be construed in a number of ways, depending on a number of social factors or norms.... for example, a guy with two girls and a ladyboy as regular sex companions, might be considered to be in an inappropriate relationship by some, but not others... and it is not illegal. Ergo “inappropriate” does not, for some, imply any actual wrong doing, so therefore it’s arguably normalizing a practice (and... your arguing the point, so it’s arguable in your mind)

and if you think that he will get what he has coming, just because, then you haven’t been here long enough to comment... remembering that another poster researched this and found that he had been moved to this school, following another incident at the previous school. (A fact that would have been mentioned in this article, if as you say, the media are putting him under a microscope)

And.... please just don’t with suggestions of burning people alive as being something I would ascribe too... it’s a silly juvenile troll, at best.

Edited by farcanell

3 hours ago, puffy said:

Because at 14 years old she would not be pre- pubescent, Pedophiles are attracted to pre-pubescent children.

Not really the the case. Many will happily take a 14 year old, it is probably their upper limit. It should also be said that many just turned 14 year old Thai girls, are indeed still pre-pubescent, being slower developers than their Western counterparts. 

10 hours ago, mick220675 said:

Happens all the time, I know 3 girls all under the age of 14 that have had relationships with much older men.

In most country's the men would be imprisoned. But in Thailand the men will have to give the girls family money, or get married. Then all is OK face is saved all round.

After a three month relationship I am surprised that she is not pregnant.

True.  In the west we seem to have been programmed to react to such stories with horror.  In Thailand it is more inclined to get a shrug of the shoulders.  A fourteen year old having a "romantic" relationship is perfectly normal but not with their teacher irrespective of their teachers age. 

Having said that when I was fourteen all us boys spent our time lusting over the school nurse.  If someone told us it was inappropriate then we would have told them exactly what to do :smile:

13 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Cut his balls off!

12 hours ago, gunderhill said:

Send  them to an inactive  post

If they cut them off...wouldn't have to bother sending them anywhere, as they would already be at an inactive "post"! :vampire:

Edited by Skeptic7

4 hours ago, webfact said:

She said she would wait to hear from the daughter about what really happened, and would not take any legal action against the school director yet.

Did she also mentioned her bank account number or will the daugther send that over a line message?

School director Nathapop Boonthongtho was transferred out of the school to an inactive post pending a disciplinary panel’s investigation. Nathapop did not show up at work this week because he was too busy molesting underage kids. The army doesn't know anything about it. Guess why?

33 minutes ago, Jonah Tenner said:

He is a hebephile, not so very different from paedo but going for the pubescent children, still children though. This is also known as the Lolita-syndrome..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebephilia

How do you know?

P.S. That's in no way an accusation, I'm just wondering why you're posting such a link? 

Google: 

pe·do·phile
ˈpedəˌfīl/
noun

1. a person who is sexually attracted to children.
Edited by jenny2017

5 minutes ago, Freed1948 said:

I really can't understand why he was not sacked and charged previously!!

Utter scumbag.

The former director of a very big school downtown was attracted to boys and practiced his "hobby" in his office. Everybody in the city, including foreigners knew it, and nobody was even thinking of any wrongdoing. ( Excluding some foreigners...)

My ex neighbors, so called "Kathoeys" took their lunch snack home, the only neighbor who's very pissed was me. 

Lung Somchai in the village seems to have a great time without prosecution. 

Edited by jenny2017