Phuket shop staff admits to stealing Chinese tourist’s possessions

webfact

Phuket shop staff admits to stealing Chinese tourist’s possessions

The Phuket News

1516770257_1-org.jpg

The clothes shop / barbers on Soi Ta-iad in Chalong where the theft took place. Photo: Tourist Police

PHUKET: A female shop worker yesterday admitted to police that she stole a bag containing various valuables from a Chinese tourists whilst in the shop on Phuket’s famed Muay Thai street Soi Ta-iad.

Lt Col Thada Sodarak of the Chalong Police was notified of an incident by Phuket Tourist Police at 3pm yesterday (Jan 23) where it was reported that a Chinese woman named only as Ms Tangqin, 29, had had her bag stolen from a shop on Soi Ta-iad in Chalong.

Lt Col Thada said, “Ms Tangqin told us that she and her friend(s) have been staying at a resort in Soi Ta-iad. She went to a clothes shop / barbers and hung up her Adidas bag, which had an iPhone8 Plus (cost B35,000), 900 yuan in cash (B4,484), about B900 in cash, ATM card(s), ID card, hotel key(s) and a hotel deposit card, whilst she looked around the shop.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-shop-staff-admits-to-stealing-chinese-tourist-possessions-65701.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-01-24

13 hours ago, zzidenn said:

wasn‘t there a story about a guy who stole cheap crap and got deported for it? but of course its different if ur not thai....

Yes, one is a bad guest/tourist, the other  a bad host! They are both bad.

One gets punished, the other gets away with it.

Edited by jacko45k

20 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, one is a bad guest/tourist, the other  a bad host! They are both bad.

One gets punished, the other gets away with it.

Look at Thai jails, full of bad Thai.

Your comment shows you have no idea.

Edited by stevenl

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Look at Thai jail's, full of bad Thai.

Your comment shoes you have no idea.

Sandals old chap!

Not full enough obviously.

Your comment is hard to decypher.

Edited by jacko45k

Thieves everywhere now. Many simply don't want to work and put in the time for stuff now as they feel entitled to it for nothing plus are under pressure from all sorts of sources like social media and peers to have it all (keeping up with the neighbours is an understatement now). And on top of that, the punishments for this sort of behaviour is so light now it's ludicrous, hence so many are happy to cross-the-line. 

Edited by Sir Dude

55 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

Thieves everywhere now. Many simply don't want to work and put in the time for stuff now as they feel entitled to it for nothing plus are under pressure from all sorts of sources like social media and peers to have it all (keeping up with the neighbours is an understatement now). And on top of that, the punishments for this sort of behaviour is so light now it's ludicrous, hence so many are happy to cross-the-line. 

So what is the punishment for this sort of behaviour?

9 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Check the jails in Thailand, full of convicts for similar crimes.

Maybe - but those are very poor, unconnected, and uneducated. Come on Steven you know how it works here with BiB. Mostly all dealt with at the police station and most never get to the court system. Once out of Police control the BiB can't make any money.  I can tell you me and my wife have been there, done that for building code violations. BiB tried hard to shake us down for big Bahts, we pushed to go to court. BiB got nothing, court tried to shake us down - and got nothing. Yes - I know theft is a different and more serious case. But the system is the same - corrupt.

17 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Maybe - but those are very poor, unconnected, and uneducated. Come on Steven you know how it works here with BiB. Mostly all dealt with at the police station and most never get to the court system. Once out of Police control the BiB can't make any money.  I can tell you me and my wife have been there, done that for building code violations. BiB tried hard to shake us down for big Bahts, we pushed to go to court. BiB got nothing, court tried to shake us down - and got nothing. Yes - I know theft is a different and more serious case. But the system is the same - corrupt.

And what is your experience with thieving?

15 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

So how many years have you spend in a Thai jail to post some thing like that

Unfortunately I have had to visit a few due to relatives there. And the wait is always long, plenty of time to interact with other relatives.

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Unfortunately I have had to visit a few due to relatives there. And the wait is always long, plenty of time to interact with other relatives.

So you had to visit a few relatives and had to wait, can you explain what the other relatives are?

Are your whole family in jail ?:shock1:

Just now, White Christmas13 said:

So you had to visit a few relatives and had to wait, can you explain what the other relatives are?

Are your whole family in jail ?:shock1:

Relatives of other inmates.

Thai, therefore extended family.

9 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

Well of course there would be more Thais in prison then farangs this is Thailand don't forget

In Australia would be more Aussies in prison than Thais so in the USA or Great Briton

Which has nothing to do with my comments.

Have fun entertaining others here, I'm not reacting to you anymore.

8 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

Just to remind you this is your comment

Look at Thai jails, full of bad Thai.

Yes, and now look at the post that was the response to.

And that really is the end for me with you here.

Edited by stevenl