Hostesses harassed at men-only charity gala in London - FT says

snoop1130

17 minutes ago, sanemax said:

If the people would stop telling other people what to do, there would be no need for me too stop telling them to stop telling other people what to do

What other crimes do you wish people would just stop telling people to commit?  The truth is everyone draws a line somewhere, you just want everyone to draw that line in exactly the same place as you.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Kieran ...  you just don't seem to get the logic here ...

*The women signed a NDA so they were aware it's ' what happens in presidents club stays in the presidents club'

* The women chose to accept the work for the night, no one forced them

* The women could say no at any time

* The woman could leave at any time they want too.

* No woman was assulted, forced to do anything they didn't want

They were in a mens only club, what did they think it was going to be like ... ' men sitting around drinking tea '  ????

The woman will look stupid if they logged a complaint ....

You have not demonstrated any logic at all!

The women were neither allowed time to read the NDA not provided a copy, so that would be automatically thrown out if presented in court.

The women accepted a job, in English law they are protected from sexual harassment at work, no NDA can overrule that protection.

The women should not be put into a place where they have to say no to sexual harassment.

What has been described would be sexual assault in English law.

They were in a hotel at a charity function, why would they necessarily assume that they were there to be sexually assaulted?

The women do not have to log complaints, the police will investigate these crimes regardless, after all it is illegal to pimp in the UK.

47 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

What other crimes do you wish people would just stop telling people to commit?  The truth is everyone draws a line somewhere, you just want everyone to draw that line in exactly the same place as you.

I do believe that if people or a group of people choose to act in a way that they want to , in a private function and there are no complaints from anyone there and no one got harmed, then, I do believe that its no one elses business what they do .

As long as everyone is consensual .

(Please spare me an extreme example)

27 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do believe that if people or a group of people choose to act in a way that they want to , in a private function and there are no complaints from anyone there and no one got harmed, then, I do believe that its no one elses business what they do .

As long as everyone is consensual .

(Please spare me an extreme example)

The example is extreme enough, an employer who thought it in their best interest to make their staff sign a non-disclosure agreement but without giving their employees time to read it or even a copy of what they had signed.  If that translates to everyone being consensual in your mind then I cant help you.

36 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The example is extreme enough, an employer who thought it in their best interest to make their staff sign a non-disclosure agreement but without giving their employees time to read it or even a copy of what they had signed.  If that translates to everyone being consensual in your mind then I cant help you.

People should not sign any agreements, until they have read those agreements .

If they didnt know what they were signing, then, how did they know that it was a non disclosure agreement ?

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

People should not sign any agreements, until they have read those agreements .

If they didnt know what they were signing, then, how did they know that it was a non disclosure agreement ?

The onus is on the employer not the employee to make sure that employment law is not breached.  Hilarious how you seem to think you know the way things should be!

7 hours ago, toughlove said:

The BG had the option of telling him to piss off.

Let's face it nearly all came here because it was the path of least resistance. But many become "hi so" after marrying a hooker and moving away to her daddies farm and donating a house.

All of a sudden Pattaya is a nasty place.

Their wives become born again virgins, and they can all look down on the rest of us who still participate in the fun.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

You should get yourself down to Boom Boom bar on Soi 6 and tell everyone there to behave themselves .

Any flirting or lewd comments , then call the Police

lol you've just proved my point. You really do not know the difference. 

17 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I am just wondering why the Financial times investigated this .

They are a financial newspaper .

It could be that a Financial times employee didnt get an invite and he took revenge by exposing the event

It has not been an exclusively financial newspaper since the 1950's.

6 hours ago, evadgib said:

I recall rent-a-dread having to barricade himself into a broom cupboard after being groped by 1000 Shirley Valentines in an all female audience....& all before the advent of social media or the dreaded (no pun intended) mobile evidence catcher!

For any that need a translation:

mp99.jpg?fit=300%2C208

40 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I am just wondering why the Financial times investigated this .

They are a financial newspaper .

This was sort of expected from the likes of the now defunct NoTW/Fake Sheik or The Scum but came as a surprise from the FT.

9 hours ago, Kadilo said:

What's pretty bad is a bunch of wealthy businessmen using a fund raising charity as a guise to have a quick grope. 

Great Ormand  Street Hospital one of the recipients have returned the money as they are disgusted by the way I'm which it was raised as are most people. It's no argument that because it's down under the charity umbrella it somehow makes this kind of behaviour acceptable. 

Great piece of work by the FT.  I'm sure there will be many to follow in the coming weeks until these type of clubs are weeded out. One down a few thousand to go :) 

I think it's pretty disgusting that Great Ormond St feel they have the right to deprive sick kids of that money.

27 minutes ago, evadgib said:

This was sort of expected from the likes of the now defunct NoTW/Fake Sheik or The Scum but came as a surprise from the FT.

The difference between the Fake Sheik and this reporter is that the Fake Sheik planned to trap people by making them illegal offers, whereas the undercover reporter here just applied for a job at a charity event and reported on what they witnessed, that's the difference between the tabloids and broadsheets, honesty.

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

Why would the FT do this ?

It would be interesting to find out who within the FT ordered their staff to go undercover

I would be surprised if it was a straight male who ordered the investigation , it could be a FT male who didnt get an invite because of his sexual orientation ?

32 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The difference between the Fake Sheik and this reporter is that the Fake Sheik planned to trap people by making them illegal offers, whereas the undercover reporter here just applied for a job at a charity event and reported on what they witnessed, that's the difference between the tabloids and broadsheets, honesty.

In time I believe this story will be debunked for the crap that it is. How long before all the aging extras on Benny Hill feign PTSD cos his hands were too cold?

Edited by evadgib

Presidents Club hostess: 'Girls offered nannying jobs'

"Anna" is one of the 150 women who worked at the scandal-hit Presidents Club gala event in London.

The Presidents Club said it was closing and would no longer hold events after an undercover reporter for the Financial Times revealed hostesses were subject to groping and lewd comments at the dinner.

Anna is not her real name, and we have disguised her and her mum's identity as she said she feared consequences.

She spoke to BBC Newsnight's Emily Maitlis about her experiences.

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-42827799/presidents-club-hostess-girls-offered-nannying-jobs

Edited by evadgib

16 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

The women were neither allowed time to read the NDA not provided a copy, so that would be automatically thrown out if presented in court.

well that's their stupidity and lack of common sense .....    people don't usually sign NDA's , contracts or the likes without knowing what they are about.

17 hours ago, evadgib said:

16 hours ago, sanemax said:

Why would the FT do this ?

It would be interesting to find out who within the FT ordered their staff to go undercover

I would be surprised if it was a straight male who ordered the investigation , it could be a FT male who didnt get an invite because of his sexual orientation ?

I doubt if either of you read the FT.

Seems the UK has now been infected with the anti male hysteria from the US.

Sky "News" ( the channel that thinks football is news ) is full of women presenters ( IMO not journalists ) fronting articles about how bad males are.

I turn it on now and then, but usually not for more than a few minutes as it's dire now.

I am not at all surprised that the FT is now indulging in gutter "journalism".

Edited by thaibeachlovers

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems the UK has now been infected with the anti male hysteria from the US.

Sky "News" ( the channel that thinks football is news ) is full of women presenters ( IMO not journalists ) fronting articles about how bad males are.

I turn it on now and then, but usually not for more than a few minutes as it's dire now.

I am not at all surprised that the FT is now indulging in gutter "journalism".

The hate for white males appears strong, mainly from white females.

Easier to have nothing to do with them, and that includes any media fronted by them or written by them.

I even make my reading selection by author gender now, male authors only.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Just now, MaeJoMTB said:

The hate for white males appears strong, mainly from white females.

Easier to have nothing to do with them, and that includes any media fronted by them or written by them.

I even select my reading selection by author gender now, male authors only.

LOL. I wouldn't go that far. While my reading material has not often included female authors, I enjoyed Harry Potter. If I avoided films with females, especially ones that have jumped on the anti male bandwagon, my film selection would be slim to non existent. 

However, it's interesting to look back and see how much I disliked some female film actresses that have lately come out as anti male, like Streep. I always found her an irritating presence on films. Many others too.

36 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Has the F.T. changed recently ?

It did used to be a newspaper that deals with Financial issues , investments , stocks ans shares and that kind of thing .

I havent seen one for a good few years .

Is the Financial Times now a low class red top tabloid ?

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

well that's their stupidity and lack of common sense .....    people don't usually sign NDA's , contracts or the likes without knowing what they are about.

Also , an NDA contract would not supersede the law .

Signing an NDA contract would not mean that if any laws were broken, then the signers couldnt inform the Police .

Also , as the people who signed it were just on a one nights work , what could the employer do ?

Take them to Court ?

It was also stated that if a contract is signed and the signer didnt have time to read that contract, then that contract becomes invalid .

The NDA reportage is part of the agenda .

People will think that terrible things happened that night because the girls are not allowed to speak about them , whereas all that seems to have happened is that plastic surgery was offered with the slogan "spice up your wife"

It's obvious that the waitresses/hostesses knew 'the score' in advance.

Only wealthy men allowed as guests/skimpy 'uniforms' (including matching knickers and high heels) a requirement/being 'friendly' to the guests as important as serving drinks/the high pay etc. etc.

Possibly the difference between the basic 150 sterling and 290 sterling basic pay is down to that chose to attend the after dinner party?

I've no sympathy for anyone involved.

It would be suprising if a few of the men didn't 'cop a quick feel' and make lewd comments in the circumstances - and the 'hostesses' knew exactly what to expect and had been told to go to one of the organisers if a guest had 'gone too far'.  A few of the men involved are suffering serious embarrassment having been shown to be the type of men that deserve to be embarrassed! :laugh:

7 hours ago, SheungWan said:

6 hours ago, sanemax said:

Has the F.T. changed recently ?

It did used to be a newspaper that deals with Financial issues , investments , stocks ans shares and that kind of thing .

I havent seen one for a good few years .

Is the Financial Times now a low class red top tabloid ?

As I thought. No idea about the FT at all really.