Macro Market

h90

I’ve never needed a card. They ask if I’d like one whenever I shop there. So far I haven’t bothered to get one.

It’s wholesale so most of the goods need to be bought as packs although larger items are sold individually. They’re as cheap as most wholesalers I’ve used.

I’ve never needed a card. They ask if I’d like one whenever I shop there. So far I haven’t bothered to get one.

It’s wholesale so most of the goods need to be bought as packs although larger items are sold individually. They’re as cheap as most wholesalers I’ve used.

I thought it is just for companies so I thought you need some biz dox? Not true? I am wrong?

I just walk in. No one says anything. They've never asked for business docs when they've offered their card to me. I can't be bothered to fill in the application form. The girl at the checkout swipes her card and gives me the same discount anyway.

We've got one, I think I remember taking a copy of my passport in or showing my thai driving licence. I don't go often, but somethings are worth buying. I managed to save about 300 baht off my monthy 'big shop', ( :o oooooh I'll buy an extra 15 cans of chang) but as it took me 3 hours to do you have to wonder about time and how much you value it. They do sell a lot of reasonably priced frozen meat - lamb and ostrich so that could be worth it.

Worth getting one because of substantially lower prices on almost all their products, but even if you don't... simply asking the next person in line to check out to have the cashier swipe their card will do the trick. Having your own card in your own name doesn't seem to be a big issue for them. We use one of the many cards that belong to the missus' mother.

*edit*

This is Makro we're discussing, right? Macro economics is something I'm not really up on.

:o

Edited by sriracha john

This is Makro we're discussing, right? Macro economics is something I'm not really up on.

:D

:o

i was thinking it was small marine life :D

YEEES, I remember it as Makro, than thought, it is because of my german and corrected it to Macro as I told that must be right in english.....

sorry for the confusion....

If I remember correctly, Makro is a Netherlands company.

That explains the K.

Dutch and German are very close languages

Coincidentally, the Germans own all the European Makros (bought from the Dutch) and the Dutch still own all the non-Europeans Makros.

wiki:

Makro was owned by the Nederlandse Steenkolen Handels Vereniging (SHV). The still privately owned SHV originated in 1896 from a merger between a number of large coal trading companies, some of which had been active since the 18th century.

In 1998 the European Makro stores were acquired by METRO a German based retail and wholesale company founded in 1964. The Non-European Makro stores are still owned by SHV, except for the ones in South Africa and Zimbabwe. Those are owned by Massmart Holdings Limited.

We have a card for Makro, to qualify for the card we had to go through a quite daunting test.

"Do you have a business?"

"Yes"

"Thank you"

Since then, we get asked for the card every time at the checkout and wifey has usually left it at home, never a problem ........ it's sales, you're buying stuff, they make some money, they don't care :o