not allowed on the airport to enter by tourist visa.

5 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I said no one needs to longer than 6 months for tourism. I didn't say they couldn't. Everyone staying longer than 6 months is not a tourist, they have other motivations/reasons for living in the country.

Let's say somebody saved some money while working in his home country, and decides to take a timeout from work for a year or two, and wants to spend this time in Thailand. Is this person not a tourist, just because he stays a year?

7 hours ago, 007 RED said:

The IO only needs to compare the photo taken of the OP the last time he arrived/left the Kingdom, with the person standing in front of him/her, and bingo. 

If you're smart you grow a beard , wear glasses , color your hair and maybe wear a makeup , it will not be easy to detect a big change. 

1 minute ago, balo said:

If you're smart you grow a beard , wear glasses , color your hair and maybe wear a makeup , it will not be easy to detect a big change. 

They might think your Rolf Harris............................:post-4641-1156693976:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Faeton said:

Hello guys.

i not read yet what you post before.

just let everyone know that I'm back to bkk. 

Find another option.

and have normal stamp in my passport and activated tr visa

I don't think it's a good idea to post how I do it here.

so if anyone would like to know please send to me message and I will explane what to do.

Good to hear you got things sorted out and it's very kind of you to offer to help other board members.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, elviajero said:

I didn't say stop, I said make it harder! You really should learn to read.

When they introduced the METV they could have kept the DETV and or made the METV available to all locally, but the did neither. Instead they make people go back to their country of residence to get a METV with far stricter conditions. That is harder than getting back to back DETV's locally, and makes staying long term harder!

The METV is not designed for anyone to live in the country. It's a multi entry visa aimed at foreigners (primarily the Asian market) that want to visit frequently.

Neither immigration or the government have given their blessing to long term tourists. Every change since 2006 has made it harder and sent a clear message that totally contradicts your wishful thinking.

I said no one needs to longer than 6 months for tourism. I didn't say they couldn't. Everyone staying longer than 6 months is not a tourist, they have other motivations/reasons for living in the country.

You should learn to read also, the OFFICIAL reason METV's were introduced was to boost tourism, again that's the OFFICIAL reason

Nowhere, I repeat nowhere does it state that the conditions to obtain METV's were made to make it harder to stop people stay here longer "The METV is not designed for anyone to live in the country." Well no one including the Government is saying they are, there is only you saying it

Nowhere does it state that the conditions were made to  "make people go back to their country of residence to get a METV"

Show me the official statement that says this, you can't because there is none

Yet again you are grasping at straws to fit your own agenda, pathetic to be honest, yes you are correct the METV was NOT designed  for people to live in the country so why are you saying they are making the conditions harder in this respect? As you said they are not designed for people to live here, contradicting yourself yet again, as I said the METV including all it's conditions is to boost tourism

"Every change since 2006 has made it harder and sent a clear message that totally contradicts your wishful thinking"

Well actually that's the year I moved here, Feb 9 2006,  never married, no kids, no business and not at retirement age, been here LEGALLY for every single day of those 12 years, I have been home once at the end of 2006 for 3 weeks for a family bereavement 

Not making things to hard are they?

Show me the official proof that the conditions of the METV were made to 

" make people go back to their country of residence to get a METV with far stricter conditions."

Show me.

Edited by darrendsd
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Show me the official proof that the conditions of the METV were made to 

" make people go back to their country of residence to get a METV with far stricter conditions."

There is no official proof. However, restricting tourist visas available within the region to single entry only (instead of the double, even triple, entry visas easily available previously) did make it a bit harder to stay long term on tourist visas. At a minimum, it made it more expensive. I would further point to a tendency towards stricter requirements for issuing tourist visas in the region, together with red stamps for those applying for serial visas in the wrong place as evidence that Thai officialdom is not thrilled at people staying for years with tourist visas easily acquired locally.

That said, most senior officials are happy to see well heeled individuals spend as much time here as they like. They would prefer that such people use Thailand Elite (a glorified tourist visa) but will tolerate the rich being here with other visa options. I am also convinced that the leading lights are not of a single mind over some of this. That is evidenced by the widely differing rules applied in each consulate, border crossing and immigration office. I also think the current official rules are a compromise between those who see nothing wrong with the way things were 10 years ago, and those who would like a crackdown (kind of like the differing opinions of members on this board).

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BritTim said:

There is no official proof. However, restricting tourist visas available within the region to single entry only (instead of the double, even triple, entry visas easily available previously) did make it a bit harder to stay long term on tourist visas. At a minimum, it made it more expensive. I would further point to a tendency towards stricter requirements for issuing tourist visas in the region, together with red stamps for those applying for serial visas in the wrong place as evidence that Thai officialdom is not thrilled at people staying for years with tourist visas easily acquired locally.

That said, most senior officials are happy to see well heeled individuals spend as much time here as they like. They would prefer that such people use Thailand Elite (a glorified tourist visa) but will tolerate the rich being here with other visa options. I am also convinced that the leading lights are not of a single mind over some of this. That is evidenced by the widely differing rules applied in each consulate, border crossing and immigration office. I also think the current official rules are a compromise between those who see nothing wrong with the way things were 10 years ago, and those who would like a crackdown (kind of like the differing opinions of members on this board).

He is clearly stating  as fact that the conditions of the METV were imposed to make it harder for people to live here,

If he is stating this he needs to be able to back it up with clear official proof, I can tell you now that he won't be able to, that's because there is none, it's just his opinion which yet again he is broadcasting as facts

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, darrendsd said:

He is clearly stating  as fact that the conditions of the METV were imposed to make it harder for people to live here,

If he is stating this he needs to be able to back it up with clear official proof, I can tell you now that he won't be able to, that's because there is none, it's just his opinion which yet again he is broadcasting as facts

No official announcement doesn't mean it is not true.

Anybody not seeing that Thai immigration is slowly making it near impossible to live on tourist visa is not looking at the big picture. And MTV is part of that system.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:04 PM, 007 RED said:

OP… Lots of people have more than one passport, and you are correct when you say that there is nothing on the passports to indicate the other passport number.  But from there on you are totally wrong.

You have no doubt already presented one passport to Thai immigration on several occasions during your 2 year stay in Thailand.  The details of that passport (as captured from the bottom of the photo page between <<<< >>>>) are in the immigration computer database together with your entry and exit history.

When you present a new (or second) passport to the IO on arrival, the IO will scan the photo page and the information between the <<<< >>>> at the bottom of the page are sent to the immigration database. 

The computer system will immediately detect that the new (or second) passport number is not known to the system.  It then does a comparison check using the country code + gender + date of birth + family name + first name(s), and what do you think the system will show? 

Answer = The system will show that the second passport matches the details of the first passport. 

The computer system will then advise the IO that there is a second passport and show him/her the photo that was taken the last time you exited Thailand (26 January 2017) on the old passport.  The IO will then confirm that the two passports belong to the same person and the immigration system will link both passports.  Once the two passports have been linked the IO will see all of your entry/exit history.

So changing your passport will not wipe the ‘history slate clean’ with Thai Immigration.

just common sense this is the case. maybe if he changes his name in home country will work

Thailand stopped the 30 day entry upon arrival from being used for work and now they are going after the tourist visa abusers. Yes, yes we all know if it wasn't for the visa abusers the country would fall apart and the tourist numbers would be down by the thousands..

What I find interesting is that there are still afew posters here who are still mad at Thailand for enforcing their laws. We;; wake up the crack down has been going on now for a few years, they cleared out the 30 day border runs the educational visa abusers and now the fake tourist who have cars and condos

just common sense this is the case. maybe if he changes his name in home country will work

I have 2 active passports.
First passport is full of stamps - stay thailand 5 years.
Second passport is have half and I stay thailand 2 years on this.
I travel many many times to different countries around and then back to Thailand.

Never when I show second passport them know that I have another passport so them are not linked together.
And computer system not check anything about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 minutes ago, Faeton said:

I travel many many times to different countries around and then back to Thailand.

Never when I show second passport them know that I have another passport so them are not linked together.
And computer system not check anything about it.

Well, if it is so easy why did you start this thread, in the first place?

I traveled for years using two British passports whilst working offshore, entered Thailand using one or the other over the years, I was asked more than once if I was using another passport, agreed it wasn't every time, but they were certainly aware of me holding 2 valid passports.

• Like 1

I traveled for years using two British passports whilst working offshore, entered Thailand using one or the other over the years, I was asked more than once if I was using another passport, agreed it wasn't every time, but they were certainly aware of me holding 2 valid passports.

Do them have same no. or different ? It's says some where in passport about another one ?

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 5:47 AM, Faeton said:

but once again I remind you I had 4 tourist visas in a row in this passport.
Who really is a tourist should not be affected in any way.

Originally you told us that you just had 4 back-to-back tourist visas, and were wondering why you were stopped and then refused entry.

1 hour ago, Faeton said:

Now you are changing your story.  7 years in Thailand, assumably on tourist visas? and you still wonder why you were stopped?

50 minutes ago, Faeton said:

2520 days on tourist visa computer should to show ) or I was too lucky ?) emoji38.png

Now you admit that you have spent 2,520 days (nearly 7 years) in Thailand on a tourist visa and you wonder why immigration stopped you.  They definitely suspected you of working, hence being refused (Section 12. 2). 

Regardless of how you managed to get back in, if I was you (which thankfully I'm not), I would be watching over my shoulder for the immigration enforcement team.  I suspect they will be paying you a visit in the not to distant future, and then its off to court, a little fine, deportation back to your home country at your expence and a ban from entering the Kingdom for quite some time.

49 minutes ago, 007 RED said:

Originally you told us that you just had 4 back-to-back tourist visas, and were wondering why you were stopped and then refused entry.

Now you are changing your story.  7 years in Thailand, assumably on tourist visas? and you still wonder why you were stopped?

Now you admit that you have spent 2,520 days (nearly 7 years) in Thailand on a tourist visa and you wonder why immigration stopped you.  They definitely suspected you of working, hence being refused (Section 12. 2). 

Regardless of how you managed to get back in, if I was you (which thankfully I'm not), I would be watching over my shoulder for the immigration enforcement team.  I suspect they will be paying you a visit in the not to distant future, and then its off to court, a little fine, deportation back to your home country at your expence and a ban from entering the Kingdom for quite some time.

in beginning of the topic, I was not surprised.  I'm writing a story as it is ..

And my question was "are there any ideas what to do".
in my passport that i show was 3 used visa + 4th new visa from KL.
They did not know anything about the second passport. They were only interested in this one.
And they knew my "long residence" only on this passport.

(Something tells me that many  people even at this forum have at least the same number of visas or even more in one passport. For this reason, I do not consider my situation different from anyone else.) 

I went officially to Thailand.

- Through the main airport,

- my passport was scan into the computer,  

- my photo was taken.

- I have an official stamp in passport

- immigration card with stamp
 - official  TR visa,   etc.

Everything is like everyone who comes to Thailand.
For this, I not see any reason for immigration  visit me /  catch me / etc.
 In future,  because it happen once with me,   i will make only business visa to not have any problems again. 
and im very lucky because 90 days which I successfully got  - enough for get new and clean passport that will be issued in Thailand in my embassy and get a business visa.
And live peacefully and happily.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mattd said:

Indeed, in my case it was even under two different nationalities.

2 hours ago, Faeton said:

I went officially to Thailand.

- Through the main airport,

That was a bold move.  I didn't try that after I'd been here awhile on Tourist Visa entries - stuck to land-borders.  No idea why you didn't just train-in through Pedang Besar.  Oh well, glad you made it.

Edited by JackThompson

13 hours ago, darrendsd said:

“He” clearly didn’t state anything as fact. “He” simply pointed out the bleeding obvious.

1 minute ago, elviajero said:

“He” clearly didn’t state anything as fact. “He” simply pointed out the bleeding obvious.

Do you have definitive proof that the conditions of the METV were set out to make it harder for people to live here?

Yes or no? It's a simple question

4 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Yes. Simple answer.

18 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Well that's strange as you seem to be contradicting yourself again, You "didn't state anything as fact" but now claim you have proof?

8 hours ago, Faeton said:

They did not know anything about the second passport. They were only interested in this one.
And they knew my "long residence" only on this passport.

This surprises me. Do you have an extremely common full name that might have made matching difficult because of many candidate matches? Certainly, the immigration system is supposed to link old and new passports to allow the official to view the complete history of your entries into and exits from Thailand. Are you quite sure the system malfunctioned in your case? Usually, the senior official, when considering denying you entry, will have made a print out of your complete immigration record.

5 minutes ago, BritTim said:

This surprises me. Do you have an extremely common full name that might have made matching difficult because of many candidate matches? Certainly, the immigration system is supposed to link old and new passports to allow the official to view the complete history of your entries into and exits from Thailand. Are you quite sure the system malfunctioned in your case? Usually, the senior official, when considering denying you entry, will have made a print out of your complete immigration record.

My family name is popular. so maybe them have a lot of people matches it?

yes, they print it. and mark for me all my inn-out movings from this passport. 

it already fit perfectly into 180 days.

On 1/26/2018 at 6:49 AM, markaoffy said:

Having a valid visa issued by a Thai consulate and then being rejected by Thai immigration sums up the madness

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

An approved visa doesn't guarantee entry into any country. The immigration officials at the destination country can turn away anyone they want.