Building Engineers/Inspectors - Chonburi

I am about to start the build on my house 23.02.18. I am looking for a Building Engineer/Inspector to carry out checks on the build quality initially for the foundations then later for roof etc. This is mainly to check the builder I have employed is working to the Architects specification. I work overseas 28/28 so would require him/her to make sporadic visits to the build. Does anyone have any recommendations in the Phanat Nikhom, Chonburi area? I'm approx. 1hr 30 NE of Pattaya and the same South of BKK.

Thanks

Can't help with any contacts for this but, from personal experience I would suggest trying to avoid having work done when you are not there to check it for yourself
Not always easy but substantially more cost effective than having to pay to have the work done twice or three times to correct it when it is done incorrectly

I wish you all the best and hope you have a smooth run

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I know someone,  what property did you decide on building. It may be a bit far as i would think visits would be required every other day if not every day due to rectifying any mistakes befor its too late but i can ask 

I will have local family members and my wife available for daily inspections. I will also be there half of the time. I only require the Building Engineer/Inspector for inspection of the Foundations, walls, roof etc.

I decided on building BP10 from Banpatan. 3 bed and 3 bathroom.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Almost every Tessaban has a certified engineer on the payroll, who will initially come to the house site for free to check on the foundations, etc. to insure that they comply with the building permit and plans that your builder submitted

I'm sure that a private arrangement could be made where he could inspect the job on a daily basis for a commensurate gratuity 

Otherwise you are going to pay a lot of money to get what you want from a "private"  consultant  

3 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

Almost every Tessaban has a certified engineer on the payroll, who will initially come to the house site for free to check on the foundations, etc. to insure that they comply with the building permit and plans that your builder submitted

I'm sure that a private arrangement could be made where he could inspect the job on a daily basis for a commensurate gratuity 

Otherwise you are going to pay a lot of money to get what you want from a "private"  consultant  

I struck a deal with the local Tessaban's Engineer for a number of visits. This will mainly be when I am not here or when major parts of the construction will start/finish.