SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Looking it up is one thing. Getting the correct information is another. Most are aware that when it comes to statistics? you can usually find what you’re looking for. Maybe at some point I’ll comment a little more. 

27 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

Let me try to clarify this a bit. The difference in the Trump tax rate cut is.....it has taken the US from having the 

highest corporate tax rate among advanced economies, (not competitive) to one of the lowest (very competitive). 

That’s why businesses will be incentivized to move to the US.

Yes, and if Trump had closed the corporate tax loopholes, which left the US with a very competitive effective corporate tax rate, I would be in favor of them.  He could have lowered the corporate tax rate, closed loopholes that favored big businesses that could afford lobbyists over small businesses that didn't, and not increased the deficit.

However this he didn't do that, so now we are facing trillion dollar deficits until sanity returns to Washington.

14 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

Let me try to clarify this a bit. The difference in the Trump tax rate cut is.....it has taken the US from having the 

highest corporate tax rate among advanced economies, (not competitive) to one of the lowest (very competitive). 

That’s why businesses will be incentivized to move to the US.

Some US companies are relocating funds back to the US, but why do you believe movement of funds equates to more jobs? So far as I'm aware overall trend reports do not support the argument. Trump is concentrating on Rust Belt jobs, again industry trends do not support his line of thinking as currently due to US imposed tariffs approx one million US jobs are now at risk in just one segment of US industry. 

It is interesting to note that Trump does not mention the outsourced services industries e.g. in the tech area. Outsourced software support and maintenance by US multinationals alone is in the billions of dollars annually; not a word from the 'stable genius'.

17 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

Looking it up is one thing. Getting the correct information is another. Most are aware that when it comes to statistics? you can usually find what you’re looking for. Maybe at some point I’ll comment a little more. 

First you tell me to look it up, then you reject information from credible sources because you don't like what it tells you.  You are a true Trumpie.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, heybruce said:

He could have lowered the corporate tax rate, closed loopholes that favored big businesses that could afford lobbyists over small businesses that didn't, and not increased the deficit.

He doesn't give a flying crap about the deficit, but he certainly didn't want to close the loopholes as his over 500 small companies benefit since they are considered  "pass through entities".

• Like 2

I pulled off a really good deal last week and unusually we worked with a US organization. We have secured patent rights and exclusivity to some high tech stuff. One of the requirements is that we have a US company (registering now) which will 'hold' the equity share in the main company for the US organization that have sold us the rights to the tech. The US organization is quite prestigious and have said they will organize everything on the US side including green cards for everyone involved. We have all declined the green cards. We will visit for business but not a single person in the group wants to go and live in the US (working 1 or 2 days a week would generally be a nice thing). Nobody wants to live there or send their kids to school there or live their under the totally crap corrupt leadership. Now if Mueller delivers then maybe....... NOT!

5 hours ago, bushdoctor said:

Investors Business Daily:

It's Official: Trump Tax Cuts Are Boosting Growth And Mostly Paying For Themselves

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/trump-tax-cuts-revenues-deficits-paying-for-themselves/

The April article you link to assumes a 2018 GDP growth of 3.3%, then makes optimistic assumptions about this growth continuing.  Latest estimates of GDP growth for 2018 are 2.9%   https://www.kiplinger.com/article/business/T019-C000-S010-gdp-growth-rate-and-forecast.html

Even with the original optimistic growth assumptions the article predicts trillion dollar deficits in two years, and things getting worse from there.

• Thanks 1

Anatomy of a Trump rally: 76 percent of claims are false, misleading or lacking evidence

According to The Fact Checker’s database, the president had made 3,251 false or misleading claims at the end of May, and his average daily rate was climbing...

We focused only on Trump’s statements of material fact at the Montana rally, avoiding trivialities and opinions...

From a grand total of 98 factual statements we identified, 76 percent were false, misleading or unsupported by evidence.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2018/07/10/anatomy-of-a-trump-rally-76-percent-of-claims-are-false-misleading-or-lacking-evidence/?utm_term=.1fb4b2803581

Edited by bristolboy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I suspect that Trump is about to pull a "reality TV" week.  He'll start by lambasting Merkel at the NATO summit for not paying her fair share and threaten to pull out of the NATO Alliance, and then he's on to the UK to embarrass the US in front of the PM and the Queen and suck up to Boris Johnson who just quit as Foreign Minister and then it's on to Finland where he can perform the hind-lick maneuver on Putin.  What a way to cl;ose the week after his controversial pick for SCOTUS!

• Like 2

Trump is to ‘chicken’ to fire John Kelly himself instead he’s humiliating the general until he quits. President Trump brought on the former Fox News executive as his assistant to the deputy chief of staff for communications. Instead of firing Kelly on the spot, President Trump is hoping that Shine’s increasing presence in the White House will force Kelly to quit.

"https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/trump-chicken-fire-john-kelly-instead-hes-humiliating-general-quits-report/

" Now that Shine is in the saddle, it’s Mooch 2.0: Kelly is being humiliated, Sarah Sanders has been deemed low energy, and the biggest winner of all is, naturally, Sean Hannity."

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/07/trump-bill-shine-john-kelly-sarah-sanders

Edited by Opl

IMHO Kelly should have been gone a long time ago!  His true colors emerged when he started defending the immigration policies generated by Steven Miller.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wayned said:

IMHO Kelly should have been gone a long time ago!  His true colors emerged when he started defending the immigration policies generated by Steven Miller.

Or when he lied about what the Florida congresswoman said and refused to apologize or recant.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wayned said:

Yes, but for the same reason, and many more, Trump should have been gone long ago.  Actually, he should never have been there.

Tough call, should a clueless incompetent President by restrained by competent but wrong-headed people?

7 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Yes, but for the same reason, and many more, Trump should have been gone long ago.  Actually, he should never have been there.

Tough call, should a clueless incompetent President by restrained by competent but wrong-headed people?

Lock them up !

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:05 PM, Andaman Al said:

I imagine that most world leaders might watch the video below in private and be inspired by the possibilities they have to help mankind when they find themselves in the privileged position their people elect them to. If only we had a President who could think like this, one who could speak like this and one who could work towards healing the rifts in humanity instead of dividing it. I think most of us would be happy to elect such an individual for life. I wonder what Donald thinks watching this short video, does he even think at all or does he think "get this crap off when is Hannity starting". America does have some truly incredible people and some brilliant minds, but they are all too selfless to ever pursue a position as a national leader......Sad!

An inspiring video, taken from the book "Pale blue dot", a classic piece of science writing from the late, lamented, Carl Sagan.  

"Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds".

http://www.planetary.org/explore/space-topics/earth/pale-blue-dot.html

How sad that he is no longer with us.  Perhaps we would have had another classic piece titled "Dim orange stain".

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

How sad that he is no longer with us.  Perhaps we would have had another classic piece titled "Dim orange stain".

Made my day thanks.

Every time now I listen to Carl Sagan his voice reminds me of Agent Smith in the Matrix...............hey wait a minute...........

Edited by Andaman Al

3 minutes ago, Skywalker69 said:

That one was so unbelievable I checked other sources to see if it's true.  It is.  Tim Nolan was Trump's campaign manager in Kentucky, and is total scum.

Trump keeps interesting company.

40 minutes ago, heybruce said:

That one was so unbelievable I checked other sources to see if it's true.  It is.  Tim Nolan was Trump's campaign manager in Kentucky, and is total scum.

"I know the best people" 

Birds of a feather flocks together. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, heybruce said:
6 hours ago, Skywalker69 said:

and from the article

Nolan is not the first former Donald Trump campaign manager to get in trouble for child sex charges. Late last year, former Oklahoma campaign chair Ralph Shortey pleaded guilty to child sex trafficking after he was caught in a hotel room with an underage boy.

And there is the "alleged" child statutory rape by Trump on a 13 yr old girl. Quite a pattern setting up ! Go Mueller go.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, heybruce said:

And yet he has unflagging loyalty from the Trumpies.  I don't understand it; maybe it's a cult thing, a desire to live in an alternative reality supported by "alternative facts" (lies), maybe it is a nihilistic urge to undermine a world that they don't think has worked for them.

Or maybe they're just very stupid.  He tells endless, obvious lies and the Trumpies cheer.  Are they that clueless?

If any Trumpies care to explain, please do. 

Don't bother. 

You'll get the usual crapola.

He tells it like it is.

He's not PC.

He's a strong leader. 

MAGA SCHMAGA. 

20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Don't bother. 

You'll get the usual crapola.

He tells it like it is.

He's not PC.

He's a strong leader. 

MAGA SCHMAGA. 

And yet when others dare "tell it like it us" and not be PC they are accused of not being civil.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

And yet he has unflagging loyalty from the Trumpies.  I don't understand it; maybe it's a cult thing, a desire to live in an alternative reality supported by "alternative facts" (lies), maybe it is a nihilistic urge to undermine a world that they don't think has worked for them.

Or maybe they're just very stupid.  He tells endless, obvious lies and the Trumpies cheer.  Are they that clueless?

If any Trumpies care to explain, please do. 

“Go Mueller”

First it is only a charge, not a conviction. Second how does this relate to Russian collusion by Trump? 

Because it’s cool? Because we hate Trump? 

• Like 1

Tell it like it is .... 

I think that's code for 'white people back in charge and black/hispanic other non-white trash back in their rightful place, down the bottom of the pile, if they're allowed to exist at all'.

'Tell it like it is' is a very ugly phrase, from what I've seen and heard when it's used. 

Edited by dundas