SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

China's president offers US possible trade concessions

Yes,tough talk on tariffs and ploy's do work! PT needs another 7 years to Keep America Great.
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/chinas-president-promises-cut-auto-import-tariff-54352095

Don't bother crowing unless there is an actual deal.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Don't bother crowing unless there is an actual deal.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

PT has been chastised by many for his aggressive talk on tariffs .He has a knack for making deals and bringing countries to the negotiating table ,such as North Korea. I must give credit despite you trying to tell me what to bother about.

Edited by riclag
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Oh, please.

NK hasn't actually met yet.

Their idea of denucleazation is totally different than the U.S. view.

Again, don't be absurd and celebrate "accomplishments" before they happen. 
If all NK does is meet and nothing is agreed to, NK wins as Kim gets to be seen as an equal. 

I stand by my opinion .PT has been chastised by many for his aggressive talk on tariffs .He has a knack for making deals and bringing countries to the negotiating table ,such as North Korea. I must give credit despite you trying to tell me what to bother about(in a previous post#1535).. Don't call me absurd,your baiting and flaming.

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

But, but, but....Clinton!  And rather fanciful Clinton stuff at that.  The Clintons are the most investigated first family in history.  With the exception of Bill Clinton lying about a BJ, there have been no charges and no out of court settlements.

In other words, you are spreading unsubstantiated accusations.  You don't want to make this thread about accusations, accusations against Trump are endless.

30264627_2010806569178774_8099675721417350999_n.jpg.b6ebe2523ee9d66e1d8fa714f715b726.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, riclag said:

PT has been chastised by many for his aggressive talk on tariffs .He has a knack for making deals and bringing countries to the negotiating table ,such as North Korea. I must give credit despite you trying to tell me what to bother about.

China has massive industrial over capacity. Every trade deal we have signed is disadvantageous to the American populous. It is inconceivable that any president that even tried to gain even somewhat more favorable terms would not be successful in that endeavour. I do not understand peoples resistance to this campaign to level the trade playing field, just as I never understood their acceptance of the one sided agreements to start with.

I think it has to do with their misunderstanding of economics. They believe the econonomic theory the party and the nedia tell them not knowing that's all bullshit. Keynes would be spinning in his grave if he lived to see what had been done in his name. Almost the exact opposite of what he espoused while alive.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I do not understand peoples resistance to this campaign to level the trade playing field, just as I never understood their acceptance of the one sided agreements to start with.

Fair Trade!That's all. The can of worms opened up on 11 December 2001.

2 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

China has massive industrial over capacity. Every trade deal we have signed is disadvantageous to the American populous. It is inconceivable that any president that even tried to gain even somewhat more favorable terms would not be successful in that endeavour. I do not understand peoples resistance to this campaign to level the trade playing field, just as I never understood their acceptance of the one sided agreements to start with.

I think it has to do with their misunderstanding of economics. They believe the econonomic theory the party and the nedia tell them not knowing that's all bullshit. Keynes would be spinning in his grave if he lived to see what had been done in his name. Almost the exact opposite of what he espoused while alive.

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

Just think about how much more clout he would have going into these negotiaions if he had allies, especially those with a keen interest in checking China's influence.  Those in danger of being overwhelmed by China, those close to China.  Something like a Trans-Pacific Partnership.  Too bad we don't have a leader with such foresight and negotiating skills.

Do you understand the need for like minded allies and cooperation in dealing with China?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Do you understand the need for like minded allies and cooperation in dealing with China?

Other than the countries that China can steamroll with either their economic or military clout, which Asia Pacific countries are not like minded allies of the US? Korea? Japan? Vietnam? Australia? India? We have security and trade relationships with all these countries. Some long term, some developing. A "one size fits all" trade agreement just doesn't work as each of these nations has very specific trade and security issues, not only with China but sometimes each other. Also bear in mind, while these countries are our allies we also compete against them for trade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A post against forum rules and a reply to it have been removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Smells like impeachment of this ridiculous con man compulsive liar president is coming especially if the democrats win congress, which they will --

We’ve seen this movie before. It ended with impeachment.

It has been observed that most movies end with a repetition or variation of the opening scene. Increasingly, this plot seems to be foreshadowing a day when Trump, exposed and possibly impeached, is shown going back up the down escalator — alone, perhaps, but glad to be home.

http://www.paywallnews.com/life/Opinion-|-We’ve-seen-this-movie-before--It-ended-with-impeachment-.BJma7ZA5oG.html

9 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Other than the countries that China can steamroll with either their economic or military clout, which Asia Pacific countries are not like minded allies of the US? Korea? Japan? Vietnam? Australia? India? We have security and trade relationships with all these countries. Some long term, some developing. A "one size fits all" trade agreement just doesn't work as each of these nations has very specific trade and security issues, not only with China but sometimes each other. Also bear in mind, while these countries are our allies we also compete against them for trade.

Anything other than "one size fits all" trade agreements allow countries to restrict imports with petty requirements--font size on labels, packaging requirements, etc. This is especially effective for small countries that want to restrict imports, and especially hard on small businesses that want to export.  Uniform standards facilitate trade.

Collective action will be much more effective in restraining China and fighting one-sided trading requirements such as "sharing" of intellectual property.  Or it would have been, if Trump hadn't pulled out of the TPP.

Trump, the brilliant military strategist, has given a heads-up on his Syria plans:

" "Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and 'smart!,'" Trump tweeted. "  https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/11/trump-issues-threat-after-moscow-vows-to-shoot-down-missiles-in-syria.html 

The results were predictable: 

" The Russian military has reportedly gone on high alert in anticipation of a potential U.S. attack on the forces of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, a Moscow ally accused of using chemical weapons in a seven-year civil war. "  https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-responds-trump-apos-military-172922094.html 

Wouldn't you love to play poker with Trump?  "I've got a crap hand, so I'm going to try to bluff a win.  Get ready for it you guys."

• Like 2