Favourite One Pot Recipe

Jet Gorgon

^ ah, so I did. Thought I was back at the bank with ceteris paribus and mea culpas. Never mind. Yes, you need chick peas for cous cous, no? Where's Tutsi?

here I yam :o:D ...never tried making cous cous meself but have watched others and have observed a double cooker type arrangement with the semolina on the bottom and the meat/veges suspended from the top (north african restaurant in Bobigny, Paris suburb)...looks like special equipment and tricky preparation involved...haven't seen any recipies but the whole thing should be on the internet somewhere.

(a come on line from Fassbinder's Ali: Fear eats the soul...'you make Ali cous cous?'...)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a power breakfast that is a one-pot dish. It'll rev you up for a big chunk of the day and get things started right.

First:

Make a base of stock (your choice of chicken breast, lean beef, lean pork or fish) w/ onions, garlic, water and seasoning.

Cook it for a good hour or longer if you like so the stock is fully fused with the meat essence.

Add lentils,then cook for another hour.

Then add whatever you fancy. Lately, I've been adding only chopped tomatoes, okra and a bit of tomato paste, but in the past I also added mushrooms, leeks and asparagus.

I make up a big pot then store it in the fridge. It makes for a great, healthy breakfast and is easily made.

Cheers,

Dr. B