Video: Just another day travelling in Thailand's infamous minivans...

webfact

Video: Just another day travelling in Thailand's infamous minivans...

8.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Footage posted on Facebook showed a Bangkok bound minivan driver with a load of passengers playing with his mobile phone throughout the journey.

The clip was posted by "Samorn Phetnga" who asked somewhat rhetorically if this was safe.

The driver barely glances at the road paying much more attention to his device.

Netizens said it was another example of negligence showing that minivan drivers have zero regard for their passengers' safety.

They called on the authorities to take action on the driver who was operating the service between Bang Moon Nark and the capital on Tuesday.

Half a million people viewed the latest poor behavior from the minivan driver.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-01

19 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

If I was in this van then I would tell him in no uncertain terms that he either puts his telephone down or its going to take a trip out of the window. I just wouldn't tolerate it.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Then you're a very brave man! I wouldn't want to be in your shoes if that happened

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PAIBKK said:

What else to expect from people in a country with an average IQ of 82 ???

In Europe they would have been locked up for everyone's safety..

This would not happen in Europe I doubt . I would also think that minibus drivers would wear a seat belt too.

4 minutes ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

I’d like to know what the possible scenarios are if we do the right thing and try to save our own life by politely asking him to put the phone down and watch the road ahead. 

He will obviously be offended but would he listen? 

I always ask and drivers always comply. 

27 minutes ago, PAIBKK said:

What else to expect from people in a country with an average IQ of 82 ???

In Europe they would have been locked up for everyone's safety..

82? where do you get that number? lowest i can find is 89, highest is 91

14 minutes ago, The manic said:

That's do sweet.  You should go home if you don't like it here.

That might be a possibility for you as you have nothing here besides a "bar-stool reservation" in your favorite bar, but some of us here actually have something built up (a house, children, a wife, a job, investments, pets, a group of friends, etc).

And what if you go back home and don't like something there, then where do you go?

Your remark is extremely simplistic and short-sighted, if you truly feel that way about everybody who has an opinion and doesn't blindly swallow whatever Thai society offers them i feel for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

what?

Why have you come to a country where you have such low regard for people and to whom you regard your self superior?  In another thread you will be complaining about being cheated by these low intelligence people. You need to find a city where people are as clever and educated and multilingual as you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i do not have a low regard for the people of thailand.

i was questioning where he got such ridiculously low iq scores.

were you unable to discern that from my post?

you obviously know nothing about me or my attitude towards Thailand or of my posts here. 

if anything, my disdain for thaivisa posters far outstrips any mild irritation i may encounter day to day in thailand.

you shrill indignation is misplaced, and your reading comprehension skills are abysmal.

have a lovely day

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The manic said:

Im as tired of westren snobs and cultural imperialists like you these days as I was when I first came here 30 years ago.

Thailand is full of those, so i guess its now your turn to move out of the country as you are clearly not used to it after 30 years.

Do you already know which country you will be moving to soon? Have a nice trip. Bye.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1