Robbery In Pattaya.

Robski

Never mind how much cash have you got on you, here's a question for you; How is it that the gold shops in Pattaya never get robbed?

Theres lots of them with easy access, no security as such and all the gold is in open cabinets. Now I'm not saying that they should get robbed, far from it, what I'm saying is that there is a lot of crime such as robbery and mugging commited by street gangs (katoeys' included) but nobody seems to rob the gold shops, in the UK you don't have to be a criminal mastermind to do a smash and grab or a hold up, so what is stopping them? :o

They do get robbed from time to time by desperate amateurs who view a single chain, then leg it. Their face is usually caught on camera, the odd ones get away with it and go to ground up north.

Then there is the bent employee, who begins work at the shop, gains trust, knows how much dosh is in the safe, then clubs the owners to death, and legs it with gold and cash. This happened just a few months ago.

Then there is the big professional job: Four men and a getaway driver, armed with pump action shot-guns. They grab the gold and try and escape. But all the roads are blocked, and the Thai Police Special Response grab their heavy weapons and shoot to kill. Indeed all robbers are shot to pieces deliberatly and the gold is returned to the robbed shop.

How is it that the gold shops in Pattaya never get robbed?

Suggestions:

-The shops are Chinese mafia controlled.

-Robbers keep pulling the door you're supposed to push and assume the shop is closed.

-Robbers keep slipping on the drool puddles just outside. :D

Speaking of robbery, Great topic Robski! :o

FYI Rob steals my topic ideas.

Suggestions:

-The shops are Chinese mafia controlled.

-Robbers keep pulling the door you're supposed to push and assume the shop is closed.

-Robbers keep slipping on the drool puddles just outside. :D

Speaking of robbery, Great topic Robski! :o

FYI Rob steals my topic ideas.

I actually met an English Guy who runs a large Gold shop in Town, He invited me in for a cuppa but I felt way out of place in there surrounded by all that yellow stuff, never having owned any that is :D

SNEAK THIEF SNATCHES GOLD AND DISAPPEAR INTO CITY

Phet Thong Nitiwat gold shop in Soi Buakhao was doing brisk business in the early evening of 21st January when a handsome young man wearing a short white Tshirt, jeans with medium-length hair entered and asked to see a 1 Baht gold bracelet.

In his hand, he held a bunch of thousand Baht notes so the shop assistant thought he was of good intent and gave him a 1 Baht gold bracelet to look at, while she attended to another customer. Suddenly, he palmed the bracelet and ran out of the shop. The assistant, Miss Katesiree Santhinithikul, the owner’s daughter ran after him, calling passers by to help catch the thief. A motorcycle attempted to follow the young man but he escaped.

Miss Katesiree went back into the shop and phoned the police. Police Lieutenant General Sirichai Kruprasertwatana responded to the call and came to the shop. He called headquarters giving the description of the young thief. He next scrutinized the CCTV record and gave further details of the young thief to headquarters. The police are pursuing their enquiries.

That's a easy one to answer. Where would the robbers of everybody else go to sell their stolen gold?

It's a good point, because all the gold shops have their own unique stamp. I'm sure if they discount the gold heavily, they'll find a buyer. They could always take it to a neighboring country.