Yingluck’s family ‘not entitled’ to stay at home

rooster59

Yingluck’s family ‘not entitled’ to stay at home

By THE SUNDAY NATION

e82cefb701b4c9110ef9b213d62f6f12.jpeg

DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER Wissanu Krea-ngam said that, in principle, former Yingluck Shinawatra’s family members could not stay in her house, which has been seized by the authorities as part of legal action against her.

If they wished to remain in the house, they must ask for permission first, he said. As long as the house is not sold, they |would be allowed to stay, but the state could also turn that permission into a rental contract.

Yingluck’s family would have to negotiate with the Finance Ministry and the Legal Execution Department, he added.

These conditions would be applied once the authorities have officially imposed a seizure announcement for the house. At present, this announcement has not been imposed, so they have not been informed and continue to stay as usual.

On Friday, Norawit Lalaeng, one of Yingluck’s lawyers, criticised Wissanu after he suggested that Yingluck’s husband and son may have to pay rent while staying at the house.

Norawit said the case had not yet been finalised and Wissanu should not have made a statement that was hurtful to the ex-premier’s spouse and child. He added that if the house were rented to other people, the rental income may have to be returned to the government in the event of the asset being declared state property by the court. 

The fugitive ex-premier was convicted for negligence in performing her official duty while supervising her government’s rice-pledging scheme, resulting in massive financial damage to the state. 

The court ordered Yingluck to pay huge compensation to cover the loss.

However, Yingluck, who fled the country late last year just before the Supreme Court sentenced her to a five-year jail term, sought an injunction against the administrative order to seize her assets, pending a full trial by the Administrative Court.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30337900

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-04

What's the problem? can't uncle Thaksin buys another mansion for the hubby and

kids to live in? of course he can, when you do a runner from the law, one should expect

the worst to happen, and now that it happening, people are feeling sorry for the family.... 

I should imagine that she has long since written off her house, and indeed the (relatively) few assets that have been seized.

They are still proving valuable though, they keep her in the news, and do highlight the ineptitude of the junta - whose military component are barking orders to "find Yingluck and bring her back to face justice" whilst the civilian side bumble around trying to justify seizing her assets without any court decision. They probably won't harm any requests for Asylum either...

16 minutes ago, Jools said:

Cleptocrats and asset forfeiture. Amounts to making the family pay for any supposed malfeasance on Yingluck's part.

...Who in turn is being made to pay for the malfeasance of others, before anyone was even found guilty. Thank god this junta are on the way out.

"DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER Wissanu Krea-ngam said that, in principle, former Yingluck Shinawatra’s family members could not stay in her house"

Is she former Yingluck, or did she sell the family members before leaving the country thus making them former. 

These conditions would be applied once the authorities have officially imposed a seizure announcement for the house. At present, this announcement has not been imposed, so they have not been informed and continue to stay as usual.

Now they just have to find some officials to sign the seizure paperwork---that's where the going gets really, really tough in getting officials to sign their names.   Talk is easy; action is tough.

What is the problem? Anusorn Amornchat and Yingluck are not married...And since Thailand don't recognize Common-Law Marrige, so legally the partner is just another guy, who wants to stay in a house, that doesn't belong to him in any way...So of course he should pay rent...or move on..

1 hour ago, baboon said:

...Who in turn is being made to pay for the malfeasance of others, before anyone was even found guilty. Thank god this junta are on the way out.

What are you talking about - the junta are on their way out!?? Thailand will be like any other country where the army has taken over and these people, or people connected to them, will remain in power. Once the army takes over a country through a coup, they never leave, albeit sometimes they stay around without being in full view of everyone but they never give up their control!

its actually good to see the family home included in the seizure, for some reason when other corrupt people that have been caught out have their assets seized the family home is left with the family, when their homes  need to be seized, the families need to be removed, why should they retain the homes, thai laws are too lax

6 hours ago, JAG said:

I should imagine that she has long since written off her house, and indeed the (relatively) few assets that have been seized.

They are still proving valuable though, they keep her in the news, and do highlight the ineptitude of the junta - whose military component are barking orders to "find Yingluck and bring her back to face justice" whilst the civilian side bumble around trying to justify seizing her assets without any court decision. They probably won't harm any requests for Asylum either...

All smoke and mirrors with everyone anxious not to be left holding any responsibility for anything. Just in case.

Plenty of big talk, then delegate it to some minion. If it all goes tit'sup it clearly it was a problem with the way the minion either misunderstood or incorrectly implemented the instruction! Same same.

(You should recognize that little habit from some past colleagues perhaps :whistling:)

19 minutes ago, seajae said:

its actually good to see the family home included in the seizure, for some reason when other corrupt people that have been caught out have their assets seized the family home is left with the family, when their homes  need to be seized, the families need to be removed, why should they retain the homes, thai laws are too lax

True, the fact is they don't go after the corrupt their ill gotten gains enough. The reason for it is probably that if they start doing this they know that if they ever are found out to be corrupt they will be subjected to the same tough laws. I think all in power want to keep the laws the way they are (defamation..corruption ect)

1 minute ago, robblok said:

True, the fact is they don't go after the corrupt their ill gotten gains enough. The reason for it is probably that if they start doing this they know that if they ever are found out to be corrupt they will be subjected to the same tough laws. I think all in power want to keep the laws the way they are (defamation..corruption ect)

she was negligent 

not corrupt

as an accountant you should know the difference

2 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

she was negligent 

not corrupt

as an accountant you should know the difference

I know the difference was generally speaking not about YL.

She was indeed not corrupt she just knowingly let the heads of her party fake G2G deals and get 30+ billion of money. The only reason she is not called corrupt is that they could not prove Thaksin received kick backs from those deals. Would have been hard to prove though the fact that Boonsong keeps silent does point in a certain direction. 

Just a question do you think Suthep is corrupt (I think he is).. I mean he has not been convicted of it.. but seems like in YL her case one cannot speculate even though negligence has been proven and there is ample reason to suspect more. 

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

What's the problem? can't uncle Thaksin buys another mansion for the hubby and

kids to live in? of course he can, when you do a runner from the law, one should expect

the worst to happen, and now that it happening, people are feeling sorry for the family.... 

Yes you are right I'm feeling sorry for the family, but we cannot change ourselves some are cynical and some have empathy :smile:

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

I know the difference was generally speaking not about YL.

She was indeed not corrupt she just knowingly let the heads of her party fake G2G deals and get 30+ billion of money. The only reason she is not called corrupt is that they could not prove Thaksin received kick backs from those deals. Would have been hard to prove though the fact that Boonsong keeps silent does point in a certain direction. 

Just a question do you think Suthep is corrupt (I think he is).. I mean he has not been convicted of it.. but seems like in YL her case one cannot speculate even though negligence has been proven and there is ample reason to suspect more. 

you are entitled to hold an opinion

1 minute ago, AGareth2 said:

you are entitled to hold an opinion

You are too.. but those backed up by facts hold more value.

Anyway in my first post I was not talking about YL but in generalities, it was as much an attack on the junta as on the PTP or anyone else in power for failing to impose harsher punishment for corruption. I mean real harsh punishment for all.. not just political enemies. Taking away ill gotten gains should be the first thing that happens.