Dubai versus Thailand for an expat to live

Inspire

dubai1.jpg

Inspire is delighted to have teamed up with Dan about Thailand vlogs to bring you his latest vlog from in and around Thailand.

The vlogs cover travel and debate on things associated with tourists and expats in the country. If you want to follow Dan you can join his Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/danaboutthailand/

Full story: http://www.inspirepattaya.com/lifestyle/dubai-versus-thailand-expat-live/

inspire_pattaya_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Inspire Pattaya 2018-02-04

1 hour ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Western woman get raped and after that ending up in prison for let a male raping her,that says all about Dubai.

Anyway in the future Thailand will change to Islamic kingdom if prayut and friends stay in power

If that ever happens, I will be looking for somewhere else to stay. It is probably the only thing that will make me leave Thailand.

1 hour ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Western woman get raped and after that ending up in prison for let a male raping her,that says all about Dubai.

Anyway in the future Thailand will change to Islamic kingdom if prayut and friends stay in power

Obsession can be a terrible thing , help is available though , seek it out.

4 hours ago, Inspire said:

Is this comparison meant to be a joke?  Unless you're either an Arab and/or a Muslim—or a camel—I'm guessing you're like me and have zero desire to visit, much less live, in such a misogynist, anti-freedom, anti-rights, culture where insane inhumane archaic Sharia Law is the law of the land.  Thanks but NO THANKS! 

3 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

bad boy! again you forgot to take the pills the good doctor prescribed? :ermm:

1 hour ago, Jimbo in Thailand said:

Is this comparison meant to be a joke?  Unless you're either an Arab and/or a Muslim—or a camel—I'm guessing you're like me and have zero desire to visit, much less live, in such a misogynist, anti-freedom, anti-rights, culture where insane inhumane archaic Sharia Law is the law of the land.  Thanks but NO THANKS! 

Exactly a country where women are just treated as objects, a country where clicking like on Facebook can end up with years in prison, or simply telling the truth about a companies illegal activities will see you and up in prison, where using a device to quit smoking can and up in prison for years. These laws are inhumane and archaic. Agree thanks but no thanks.

1 hour ago, Jimbo in Thailand said:

You've never been there and sadly believe the myths and <deleted> that pops up on social media.

Totally different to what you seem to imagine. Much more Western and relaxed unless you happen to be a drunk who can't keep his unwanted hands off ladies or men, an exhibitionist who likes shagging on the beach or a criminal. 

I understand there are quite a few Thai women working in Dubai, and they make a lot of money there. I would have to be paid a lot to work there; as for living there - why? Apart from money, what does Dubai have that's better than Thailand?

25 minutes ago, puffy said:

Exactly a country where women are just treated as objects, a country where clicking like on Facebook can end up with years in prison, or simply telling the truth about a companies illegal activities will see you and up in prison, where using a device to quit smoking can and up in prison for years. These laws are inhumane and archaic. Agree thanks but no thanks.

Your imagined life of Emirati ladies and wives is about as far from the truth as imagining East Enders or Neighbors represent reality.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

I understand there are quite a few Thai women working in Dubai, and they make a lot of money there. I would have to be paid a lot to work there; as for living there - why? Apart from money, what does Dubai have that's better than Thailand?

There were many Thais working there - construction workers (male), people in restaurants (m/f), and ladies working in Spas - real spas, which usually only serve female customers.

There are some ladies of the night there, as you would expect in a place of high wealth. Thai, Filipina, Chinese, Lebanese, Indian and Pakistani, East European and Africans; even some South Americans, or so I've heard. Russian and Chinese organized crime rumored to be active there too.

All about the money.

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

There were many Thais working there - construction workers (male), people in restaurants (m/f), and ladies working in Spas - real spas, which usually only serve female customers.

There are some ladies of the night there, as you would expect in a place of high wealth. Thai, Filipina, Chinese, Lebanese, Indian and Pakistani, East European and Africans; even some South Americans, or so I've heard. Russian and Chinese organized crime rumored to be active there too.

All about the money.

True. I get the feeling one would have to stay in air-conditioned buildings 24/7/365 to survive, however.

Just now, Lacessit said:

True. I get the feeling one would have to stay in air-conditioned buildings 24/7/365 to survive, however.

You certainly don't want to walk anywhere in the Summer!

Our office car park did not have any shade. In the Summer when leaving work, late afternoon, after parking all day, I had to switch the car aircon on and wait for over 20 mins before I could touch the steering wheel!

4 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Anyway in the future Thailand will change to Islamic kingdom if prayut and friends stay in

1 hour ago, Naam said:

bad boy! again you forgot to take the pills the good doctor prescribed? :ermm:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2013/05/13/horrifying-australian-woman-gang-raped-in-dubai-then-jailed-for-8-months-for-sex-outside-marriage

:sorry: for being politically incorrect by posting this link, I found it by Googling, following the mrmicbkkxtl post up there! So no so sure he forgot to take his pills?

4 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:
4 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Anyway in the future Thailand will change to Islamic kingdom if prayut and friends stay in

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2013/05/13/horrifying-australian-woman-gang-raped-in-dubai-then-jailed-for-8-months-for-sex-outside-marriage

:sorry: for being politically incorrect by posting this link, I found it by Googling, following the mrmicbkkxtl post up there! So no so sure he forgot to take his pills?

It most certainly does happen and worse. 

Actually had to read this twice - to check which country you're talking about. Still not sure. Your description applies to both.

59 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The Kebabs are much better.    :biggrin:

3 hours ago, puffy said:

Ignore the above quote - editing error.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It's only in high summer you need the aircon to survive, same as you need heated buildings in northern Europe or north America in the winter to keep comfortable. Temperatures in Dubai in the next week are forecast to be mid-20s. A bit cool, actually.

8 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

You should keep close to you your medication :-)

Dubai has many things which I like too. There are beautiful and great buildings and a lot to do as well.

But it's also much much more expensive than Thailand, and this I believe will be the main point why many prefer Thailand.

Then the Muslim part, In Holiday mode I not see too much of them, but for living there forever I could think this should be considered.

14 hours ago, puffy said:

You can probably smoke on the beach there in Dubai, and it will not get eroded either.

Archived