THAI & DRY Will Thailand be the next country to tire of boozy Brits? Locals overrun by drunk tourists behaving badly in country’s top holiday spots

snoop1130

Alcohol is a problem for British society, almost nobody drinks because of choice but because of need or addiction.    But everyone is in denial.    It's funny to see people whenever there is religious holiday here in Thailand, showing big concern by asking if alcohol still going to be sold....  

1 hour ago, Petchou said:

Alcohol is a problem for British society, almost nobody drinks because of choice but because of need or addiction.    But everyone is in denial.    It's funny to see people whenever there is religious holiday here in Thailand, showing big concern by asking if alcohol still going to be sold....  

Where you from?

6 hours ago, yellowboat said:

There is less in Thailand than before.  Western drunks could be seen passed out all over Bangkok in the 90's.  Today, it is less common.  If policemen were to patrol the streets and ask them to behave, pretty sure they would.

Not sure where you were at in the 90s but do not remember seeing Western drunks passed out all over the place even in Soi4. There were a lot more punters in those days as well, typically older guys not the young ones you see now.

5 hours ago, Andybristol20032003 said:

Can tell these articles are written by Americans 

I don't know if that is a correct statement or not. However, I would rather see scenes shown above than listen to some Yank giving me his background story of CIA/Black Ops/Special forces/Vietnam Vet/fighter pilot shot down twice in VN, Blah blah blah - delivered in that ugly and annoying blaring voice!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, nakhonandy said:

Typical of that rag of an excuse for a newspaper The Sun.

The party in Cambodia involved various nationalities but only the Brits get picked out. Harmless fun anyhow, behind closed doors, just another sting for money.

Plenty of other nationalities get pissed and do stupid things here also!

Wish i was at the party lol

22 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

I don't know if that is a correct statement or not. However, I would rather see scenes shown above than listen to some Yank giving me his background story of CIA/Black Ops/Special forces/Vietnam Vet/fighter pilot shot down twice in VN, Blah blah blah - delivered in that ugly and annoying blaring voice!

Yeah its like the wild west of America Stories and movies blown out of proportion. Truth really was they stole the land from the Indians and proceeded to wipe them out First they shot there food out the Buffalo an dthen put them on reservations  But that is hardly ever mentioned . Just the murderers like Jesse James, Wyatt Earp, Billy the kid 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

boozy Brits

well, this is the majority of Expats.....or EXPERTS in drinking....?

At home living on dole they can't afford to have a regular booze. But it's disgusting and a shame. They should be banned to enter that country again (and if they live here....cancel their visa). Nobody need those drunkards

Yes, it is definitely the Brits. Non of them are Americans, New Zealanders or Australians because the American indians have all but been wiped out by those from whites from mother England, same as the Moari's from New Zealand which were taken over from by the Brits as was the aborigines of Australia. All the original white people there are also Brits.

So, YES all the trouble is caused by the Brits. 55555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Strange post.  If you are living on the dole and can't afford to have a regular booze, how could you afford to fly to Thailand and stay in a hotel and then have enough money to booze?  Or if you are an ex-pat, how do you get the dole in Thailand?

Maybe start by looking at what the thread is about.  Then the fact that it was an article in the Sun, so has little relationship to the truth.

Agreed! And the last time I read the Sun (a few years ago now!) there was an article about a woman with breast implants who had been told it would be dangerous for her to fly from the USA to the UK because they might explode!!!

LOL...The Sun must be short on real news this week...again. The only story here is why do Brits party so hard ? That is another question entirely and could have a lot to do with the ridiculous working hours, massively stupid house prices and the relentless pressure they are put under to survive in a highly taxed, unrewarding society. I have hard working twenty somethings who despite working hard and long hours cannot afford their own houses. If they go somewhere exotic and let their hair down without hurting anyone then good for them. At least they are distributing their hard earned money to have some fun. It is a different generation, their values won't match yours. You probably bought your first house for tuppence ha'penny and are hardly in a position to criticise the young when you waltz around with a young Asian girl on your arm convinced you are handsome Pete. Get a life ! I took the back pack route a few years ago which was full of young Europeans, they were polite kids experiencing life, enjoying the 'smaller' world and having a good time. Maybe its just that you are past it, stuck in your ways and it's envy, whatever, gratefully they don't care and carry on regardless. Perhaps you should purchase a high horse, could come in handy, or a personal dais for pontification. You may as well ask the entire Thai nation to chop off their right arms as expect them to shut down any form of tourism. It's not tourists they want rid of, its long stayers who don't know when to go home.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

Of course it about Brits, it's in a British tabloid paper, hardly going to be about Russians is it!  Usually the articles are about the Mediterranean resorts that attract  thousands of drunken youths every week.  But for the single men Thailand has an added attraction.  In Ibiza or other Med resorts, getting laid can be a bit hit and miss.  In Thailand for a few quid you are guaranteed to get your rocks off with a girl (or boy) you could only dream of screwing in the west.

Not hard to see the attraction! 

"British tabloid paper" Bit of an exaggeration there!

10 minutes ago, Megasin1 said:

LOL...The Sun must be short on real news this week...again. The only story here is why do Brits party so hard ? That is another question entirely and could have a lot to do with the ridiculous working hours, massively stupid house prices and the relentless pressure they are put under to survive in a highly taxed, unrewarding society. I have hard working twenty somethings who despite working hard and long hours cannot afford their own houses. If they go somewhere exotic and let their hair down without hurting anyone then good for them. At least they are distributing their hard earned money to have some fun. It is a different generation, their values won't match yours. You probably bought your first house for tuppence ha'penny and are hardly in a position to criticise the young when you waltz around with a young Asian girl on your arm convinced you are handsome Pete. Get a life ! I took the back pack route a few years ago which was full of young Europeans, they were polite kids experiencing life, enjoying the 'smaller' world and having a good time. Maybe its just that you are past it, stuck in your ways and it's envy, whatever, gratefully they don't care and carry on regardless. Perhaps you should purchase a high horse, could come in handy, or a personal dais for pontification. You may as well ask the entire Thai nation to chop off their right arms as expect them to shut down any form of tourism. It's not tourists they want rid of, its long stayers who don't know when to go home.

One or two valid points there, but on the one hand you specify Brits :-

"The only story here is why do Brits party so hard ?"

And on the other hand:-

"I took the back pack route a few years ago which was full of young Europeans, they were polite kids experiencing life, enjoying the 'smaller' world and having a good time."

Not nit picking, but (at the moment!) Britain is still part of Europe, and you are implying, as does the post, that Brits are the only ones to "party hard" but the other Europeans are just "having a good time"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

Strange post.  If you are living on the dole and can't afford to have a regular booze, how could you afford to fly to Thailand and stay in a hotel and then have enough money to booze?  Or if you are an ex-pat, how do you get the dole in Thailand?

Maybe start by looking at what the thread is about.  Then the fact that it was an article in the Sun, so has little relationship to the truth.

you think he booked a first class ticket and residing in a 5 star hotel.??? (flight 500 Pounds for 3 months, home stay 120 baht/night.....that's reality), in the meantime you'll rent out your accommodation in UK and take the money from T.May. It's easy as that.