Is new TM30 required after returning from overseas to Pattaya

For Pattaya immigration, if a trip abroad is made and a TM30 was previously issued at time of one year extension, is a new TM30 required, or is it possible to just go report to Immigration with passport in hand.  Are any other photocopies or mountain of paper needed?   Also is a new TM30 required at the time of each extension, or is the first one considered valid?  Thank you.

Edited by leddie

The TM30 has nothing to do with your extension. Immigration will tend to check that a TM30 notification was done when you visit for an extension only because it is a convenient time to do so.

If you have not been away from home, a new TM30 notification is never required, even if you stay in the same house for 20 years.  If you take a trip away from home (either outside or inside Thailand) whether a new TM30 notification is required on your return to the same house depends on the policy of your local immigration office.

• Like 1

This is confusing and I am happy this thread has appeared.

I have been here for 15 years and so far I am not aware of any landlord submitting a TM30 to say I am living in their premises. Is it my responsibility or the responsibility of the landlord to submit this form?

So far I have had no issues and never been questioned about this.

Any advice on what needs to be done with this will be appreciated, we moved into a new rented home on 1st January 2018.

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

The TM30 has nothing to do with your extension. Immigration will tend to check that a TM30 notification was done when you visit for an extension only because it is a convenient time to do so.

If you have not been away from home, a new TM30 notification is never required, even if you stay in the same house for 20 years.  If you take a trip away from home (either outside or inside Thailand) whether a new TM30 notification is required on your return to the same house depends on the policy of your local immigration office.

Let me simplify to a single specific question as still confused.  Is a new Tm30 required specifically at Jomtien immigration after returning from abroad or is visiting the Jomtien immigration with only passport all that is required.  Trying to determine specifically what paperwork if any is required.  I hope that is clearer if anyone knows the answer?

20 minutes ago, leddie said:

Let me simplify to a single specific question as still confused.  Is a new Tm30 required specifically at Jomtien immigration after returning from abroad or is visiting the Jomtien immigration with only passport all that is required.  Trying to determine specifically what paperwork if any is required.  I hope that is clearer if anyone knows the answer?

Short answer..yes.

24 minutes ago, leddie said:

There is no consistency at Jomtien immigration, some get full enforcement and fines just extending a tourist Visa, others have dealt with them for years and its never come up. 

People mention if leaving for a short time (under 2 weeks) and returning to same address, not required. 

2 hours ago, leddie said:

The last time I did it - if your residence has not changed, and you filed your last TM-30 for that location, you don't need to bring all the documents, again. 

But, starting a few months back, they did start making you fill out the form, again. 

This is, of course, subject to change on their whim, so if you have all the docs, best to bring them, just in case.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

I just went to Vietnam in November and after returning never went to immigration and never filled out a TM30. I am on a Reitirement visa. I Did my 90 day today. No one said anything about me not reporting after returning. I got my 90 day no problem.

Edited by Shibuya1
Misspell
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Yes and the long answer is if your current owner of your property has never done it previously, then they can fine you ( technically the owner) for not doing it previously...

the fine amount seems to differ per province....

I have a House n my wife's name. We have never done a TM30 and I have never been fined or asked for one.

Edited by Shibuya1
Spelling

5 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

There is no consistency at Jomtien immigration, some get full enforcement and fines just extending a tourist Visa, others have dealt with them for years and its never come up. 

People mention if leaving for a short time (under 2 weeks) and returning to same address, not required. 

Thats one of the reasons I always check with Immigrations (or Ubon Joe :smile:) when I need facts.  Even if leaving Chon Buri area for a day, weekend, week, month technically requires a new Residence Report, whether or not they check your pspt for exit stamps remains to be seen  -  I always go to Immigrations Office when I return to Pattaya  keeps things legal, if you are found in violation you will be fined, if your landlord neglects to report you he will be fined, plain n simple.  Get/Stay Legal and never any problems.

11 minutes ago, swissman53 said:

My question is; do i have to report if i have a yellow book and a pink IDcard?

You do if the office that you report to want it,

Having a yellow house book and a pink ID card does not waive the requirement,

21 minutes ago, swissman53 said:

My question is; do i have to report if i have a yellow book and a pink IDcard?

I live in Chiang Mai Province and also have the same documents as you

My local Immigration office require my wife to lodge the report if I/ We leave the country as she is technically the owner of the house

They explained to me that as the yellow book and pink card are issued by the District Office they don’t really count for anything as far as they are concerned.( my words)

In your Province however it may not be required.

8 hours ago, leddie said:

just go and do it within 24 hours of arrival

31 minutes ago, leddie said:

do what? details please?

You will go to the Immigration Office and ask to report returning to the country.  The front-desk will insist you fill out a TM-30 form, before they will give you a queue-ticket for the TM-30 office (down the hall to the left, from the front-desk). 

You will make a copy of the face-page, TM-6, and latest entry-stamp to accompany your application.

If you are returning to the same place you already filed a TM-30, before - then you may not need more than that, or they may want the stuff below, again (did not, my last time, a few months ago).

If renting - your rental-contract, house-book for the place you are renting, plus signed-copies of your landlord's ID card and their house-book.  If you own the place, then your ownership-doc (blue-book) for your condo.

42 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

You will go to the Immigration Office and ask to report returning to the country.  The front-desk will insist you fill out a TM-30 form, before they will give you a queue-ticket for the TM-30 office (down the hall to the left, from the front-desk). 

You will make a copy of the face-page, TM-6, and latest entry-stamp to accompany your application.

If you are returning to the same place you already filed a TM-30, before - then you may not need more than that, or they may want the stuff below, again (did not, my last time, a few months ago).

If renting - your rental-contract, house-book for the place you are renting, plus signed-copies of your landlord's ID card and their house-book.  If you own the place, then your ownership-doc (blue-book) for your condo.

Ok thanks!