Video: Policeman shot dead as drunk shop owner goes berserk after noise complaint

webfact

4 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

And depending on his ability to pay, the "courts" and I use the term loosely will let him off easy. 

What proof do you base that assumption on. He killed a policeman. They might take that seriously. He had firearms. Were they licensed? If not, more trouble. He had taken drugs. The authorities don't like that either.

8 hours ago, Nasrullah said:

I'm  so suprised the guy in the white singlet(offender) was not shot dead immediately after he shot the cop!!

In the USA or most countries for that matter.....he would of been toast!

"I'm  so suprised the guy in the white singlet(offender) was not shot dead immediately after he shot the cop!!"

The 'spare police' hanging around probably had no idea of what to do. The offender certainly deserves death, no questions asked, no money payments, no wais or anything else! :post-4641-1156693976:

I'm amazed he wasn't shot down immediately upon producing firearms

if not then certainly after the first discharged round (even accounting for somnambulant cops)

but to subsequently shoot two cops while others watched...................

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

You fled to Thailand because of dirty cops? Not the weather, the women, the food and the people? 

Do you seriously feel like your life was in danger every day?

How long have you been in Thailand? Given your age it seems more likely that you simply retired somewhere nice.

He did not do much research about dirty and corrupt cops before he came here, maybe he is getting like a lot of us and suffering from ugh I forgot what I was saying, can you tell me what I was talking about, thanks madam, I think it was my wife that just told me the word, it is dementia

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

could’ve been tasered easily enough had the RTP were issued with them

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

My thought also. But tempered by the fact that the RTP are not really disciplined or responsible enough to use them, sadly, puts me off that idea. Certainly would have been the best use of taser gun in this instance but I see a real "wild west (east?)" attitude in different circumstances.

7 hours ago, Daveyh said:

Losing face here to a Thai is deadly serious, hence the tragic result. Irrespective of being drunk, high on drugs, plus the shame of losing control due to anger & killing a police officer is a heinous crime. No excuses please Thailand .......... lock him up for life!

This 'losing face' knowingly applied to all Thai misdeeds is getting ridiculous now. It was nothing to do with losing face. It was a cocktail of drugs and alcohol.

Back-up arrived and the area was cordoned off with police not wanting to attempt an arrest as the shooter was armed and still outside his shop. A relative managed to calm him down after some time and an arrest was made.

The reinforcements pussy footed around after two of their comrades had been shot by this jerk and one of them killed. Pathetic. They risked him shooting someone else.  They should have ordered him through a megaphone to throw down the guns, remove his singlet and give himself up.  If he didn't comply on the count of 10, they should have shot him from a safe range with one of their M16s equipped with a scope and and avoided further risk to other as well as rid society of a piece of detritus.   

12 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

In the States he would be dead,not under arrest.

And he should be dead, if not now then after a speedy trial. He murdered somebody. This guy is nothing but an absolute menace to society.

Other than that... I don't think he would be dead if this happened in the States because he never would have had an opportunity to go back inside his shop to retrieve his guns once the cops were there! Nobody would have been shot at all. And the dead guy wouldn't be dead, leaving a family behind to suffer most likely. Your accusations of American police are so ridiculously unfounded it isn't even funny. It's the incompetence of the Thai police that let this happen. As usual, they didn't take control of the situation on arrival and allowed the murderer to retrieve weapons and kill someone.

11 hours ago, twizzian said:

Proper police training to disarm & take down maniacs like this may have had a better outcome in this situation.

It looked more like a pub brawl spilled out into the street.

Yep.
It is a total dismal failure of the police to deal with the situation properly. There is no way on earth any decently trained policeman would have allowed that murderer to go back into his shop to get his weapons! The policeman died as a result of very poor police-work, to say the least. Very sad for his family. And one could say the same for the murderer and his family. If intervention was appropriately handled, who knows, he could be in rehab now instead of being a murderer.

6 hours ago, lvr181 said:

My thought also. But tempered by the fact that the RTP are not really disciplined or responsible enough to use them, sadly, puts me off that idea. Certainly would have been the best use of taser gun in this instance but I see a real "wild west (east?)" attitude in different circumstances.

If I were a cop and a guy produced a gun, I sure as hell wouldn't bet my life on a taser! Have you ever seen how totally ineffective they are on people who are high on drugs like this guy was? They just pull out the barbs and come at the cop who is now trying to get his gun out before the maniac kills him! Also, it isn't commonly known how often the barbs fail to hit their mark either.... definitely not a good idea to use a taser when a guy has a gun.... not in my book anyway.

Firstly my condolences to the family of the deceased. Along with a lot of posters today I am still amazed at the lack of training to deal with these ( more common ) situations. However, I am also amazed how many people feel the need to stand in the middle of a street filming a crazed, drunk moron brandishing a loaded weapon !!! Barking mad !! Stray bullets have no loyalties to any one entity.

This kind of thing will continue until the courts start handing out appropriate sentences and stop swallowing the lame excuses. I'm pretty sure that 99.9% of murderers are sorry so why should saying it mean a reduction in the sentence. In circumstances like this it should be a straight life sentence, no parole or pardon.

6 hours ago, Sig said:

If I were a cop and a guy produced a gun, I sure as hell wouldn't bet my life on a taser! Have you ever seen how totally ineffective they are on people who are high on drugs like this guy was? They just pull out the barbs and come at the cop who is now trying to get his gun out before the maniac kills him! Also, it isn't commonly known how often the barbs fail to hit their mark either.... definitely not a good idea to use a taser when a guy has a gun.... not in my book anyway.

The taser would be used BEFORE he went inside to get a gun.

1 hour ago, thesetat2013 said:

But in the USA a shoulder wound would not leave him in the hospital in serious condition as states here also.

According to the article it was the cop with the shoulder wound that died:

As the cops tried to restrain him Issarapong was hit in the left shoulder area and Suphasit in the abdomen.

Sanook said that three shots were fired, one in the air and the others at the two officers.

Issarapong was taken by medics to hospital where he died later. Suphasit is in a serious condition.

To me it looks like he is attacking the cops with his fists. Somehow they just let him do this (2 cops vs 1 guy).

Then the one cop falls down, drops his gun. He then pick up the gun, now holds it in his hand and approaches the guy again. The guy takes the gun form the cop and shoots the cop with it.

This just looks like total failure from the police and they paid for the lack of training they get with their lives.