Thai Police raided the house

Wouldn't the simplist solution be to visit your local Thai Embassy and get them to sort it out, as they would be the ones issuing your next visa, unless you plan anther VOA.

They can check your passport, travel history and verify you are there and, presumably, provide written verification.

12 minutes ago, Tofer said:

Wouldn't the simplist solution be to visit your local Thai Embassy and get them to sort it out, as they would be the ones issuing your next visa, unless you plan anther VOA.

They can check your passport, travel history and verify you are there and, presumably, provide written verification.

Unfortunately Thai Embassies/Consulates will be of little, if any, help/assistance to the OP.

Firstly, they do not have access to the Thai Immigration database so they will be unable to verify that the system shows whether the OP is still in the Kingdom or if he exited in May 2017.

Secondly, any documents that a Thai Embassy/Consulate might provide regarding the OP’s predicament will not override immigration.  The decision to allow the OP to enter the Kingdom again, or to refuse entry, is at the discretion of the IO at the point of entry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pearciderman said:

2 things, I am sorry, but some random document is not evidence of a law, and secondly, it contains well out of date and incorrect information - yet another reason to totally distrust any of the information it contains!

The author is Thaicrc.com, why don't you contact them about incorrect information.

• Like 1

On 2018-02-09 at 2:48 AM, Spinman said:

Great advice, as Thai are suspicious, including my GF.  She video skyped me and asked to see my Parrot and Dog.  I was wondering what she was really up to, then she told me about the police.  She wanted to make sure that I wasn't really in Thailand!

She's smart.

I am in fact back in the USA and have been here since May 3rd, 2017.   I may try and find my flight information showing my outgoing flight from BKK>Beijing>Chicago>Nashville.   

I don't know if this would make any difference or not, but I was wheeled (literally) through Immigration in a wheelchair.  Perhaps, they tried to accommodate me a little too quickly and didn't stamp everything just right.  I guess that's the "price" of "Convenience"

Yeah. Wonder what other reasons she could have to verify you really arent in Thailand......

2 hours ago, 007 RED said:

The decision to allow the OP to enter the Kingdom again, or to refuse entry, is at the discretion of the IO at the point of entry.

... or even earlier, depending on the immigration reaction to your name on the Advanced Passenger Information System passenger list.

4 hours ago, 007 RED said:

Unfortunately Thai Embassies/Consulates will be of little, if any, help/assistance to the OP.

Firstly, they do not have access to the Thai Immigration database so they will be unable to verify that the system shows whether the OP is still in the Kingdom or if he exited in May 2017.

Secondly, any documents that a Thai Embassy/Consulate might provide regarding the OP’s predicament will not override immigration.  The decision to allow the OP to enter the Kingdom again, or to refuse entry, is at the discretion of the IO at the point of entry.

I think they will be able to verify his situation if he 'visits' the embassy / consulate, and presents himself, his passport with exit stamp and his airline travel ticket / boarding card / itinerary. This is what I understood he was looking to prove, that he had actually left the country on the said date.

8 minutes ago, Tofer said:

I think they will be able to verify his situation if he 'visits' the embassy / consulate, and presents himself, his passport with exit stamp and his airline travel ticket / boarding card / itinerary. This is what I understood he was looking to prove, that he had actually left the country on the said date.

Indeed, he will be entitled to be very upset if he is refused boarding when checking in for his future flight to Thailand. However, he may wish to take actions that will actually allow him to travel and be admitted, rather than simply knowing (what he knows already) that he has done nothing wrong.

25 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Indeed, he will be entitled to be very upset if he is refused boarding when checking in for his future flight to Thailand. However, he may wish to take actions that will actually allow him to travel and be admitted, rather than simply knowing (what he knows already) that he has done nothing wrong.

I bow to yours and 007Reds' superior knowledge of the machinations of Immigration however, I was simply reacting to the OP's requirement (post #3) for "supporting paperwork from IO Sisaket" to prove he's left, and wanting "something to show at BKK on return".

Rather than having 3rd parties running around Sisaket, I thought he would be better disposed to turn up in person with his supporting documentation at a local embassy / consulate for such proof, particularly when all he's getting is a "Mai pen rai" from the Thai end officialdom.

On 08/02/2018 at 9:05 PM, Spinman said:

Thank you for the sound advice.  The Prang Ku police say "mai pen rai"  The GF says "Mai Pen Rai," but I have a feeling this will come back to bite me in the ass if not handled through Immigration.  There's a reason Immigration in Sisaket sent them looking for me.  I've always had great interactions with the Sisaket Immigration office, but as you said it must appear that my exit wasn't properly marked in Bangkok.  GF doesn't want to go to Sisaket Immigration, because of the distance and thinks a phone call to Prang Ku will suffice.  I've stressed the importance of her going directly to Immigration because "They sent the Prang Ku Police"

i.e. They are the big boss, and Prang Ku is just following orders.  It's time to put on her Government Teacher's uniform and head to the Immigration office, take them some Donuts (Nam Jai) and wai them, etc. etc.  I've also asked her to get some supporting paperwork from Immigration in Sisaket stating that I'm not hiding out in the rice field.  I've supplied pictures of my entry, extension, and exit stamps from my Passport, as well as the passport itself.  This way, I will have something to show at BKK on my next return.  Hopefully, it's sufficient to prove I haven't been hiding out in Issan for a year.  

You also raise a good point regarding others on overstay perhaps getting nervous.  If this is happening out in the boonies of Ban Kumad (Near Prang Ku) then it could very well happen anywhere.

At least the neighbors were quite entertained.

David

surely your passport has the stamp showing you departed?

i find it amusing your gf cant be bothered to help you out.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tofer said:

Rather than having 3rd parties running around Sisaket, I thought he would be better disposed to turn up in person with his supporting documentation at a local embassy / consulate for such proof, particularly when all he's getting is a "Mai pen rai" from the Thai end officialdom.

A Thai embassy or consulate will not do anything to help a person that is not Thai other than issuing visas.

Others have tried to get help from them and got nothing. Even an inquiry about being blacklisted was not answered. 

• Like 1

On 09/02/2018 at 8:24 AM, NanLaew said:

Now THAT is just plain bloody scary.

I presume that the incident to which Spinman refers, in regard to Facebook pictures shown on the immigration computer, is due to the question on extension of stays, which requests social media information.

Not wishing to overreact, but it raises the question for some of us, perhaps, whether we want to continue staying in such a regime?  Isn't that type of thing conveying a feeling that there is a suspicion of visiting foreigners, almost as though individuals are not to be trusted at the outset?

Edited by sicky

On 2/9/2018 at 3:56 PM, JackThompson said:

If you are 100% sure that the pic was only private - and never re-shared by the GF or others publicly, then I would urge you to send this information to the "Electronic Freedom Foundation" so they can begin research on how this occurred.

We know from the Snowden revelations that our NSA is working with / has data-access to FB, Google, etc.  Govt-agency associated groups gave them their initial seed-funding, so they are essentially private contractors re-creating the East German Stazi spy apparatus, but in a far more powerful form, and for Americans, this time.

Usually, they use illegally-obtained information in secret - to assist in directing searches for "legal" information they can use in court.  Just throwing illegally-obtained data over to Customs would be news to me.

I am sorry but FB's allusion to member privacy is a total illusion.

About 10 years ago, a security analyst with ESET wrote a very telling 'then versus now' article of FB's member privacy protection. When FB kicked off, the ring-fencing was pretty basic but all-importantly, the instructions to members as to how to ensure privacy were relatively comprehensible. That was then, this is now.

OK, like all social media platforms, software companies, ISP's, etc., FB is federally mandated to advise their members of any changes to their security 'ring fencing' and personal data protections. Now I ask the habitual, log-time FB users just how many times do they actually read the long list of changes on the mandatory, pop-up, notice of changes? I would wager that 99% just scroll as fast as they can to the bottom and click the 'Accept' button.

1 hour ago, sicky said:

I presume that the incident to which Spinman refers, in regard to Facebook pictures shown on the immigration computer, is due to the question on extension of stays, which requests social media information.

Not wishing to overreact, but it raises the question for some of us, perhaps, whether we want to continue staying in such a regime?  Isn't that type of thing conveying a feeling that there is a suspicion of visiting foreigners, almost as though individuals are not to be trusted at the outset?

The OP was referring to a US Customs officer using FB data before asking if the OP was a legit wheelchair user and all the inferences one takes from that line of 'protected' questioning on arrival in his home country, the US of A.

That makes the non-smiling Thai Immigration Officer on arrival pale into insignificance IMHO.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, The manic said:

This has to be sorted calmly, efficiently maybe even starting with a visit to a Thai embassy in your home country. Even if you are inn the right you must not cause others to lose face.

Royal Thai Embassies and Consulates world-wide fall under the remit of the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the MFA. They have absolutely no dog in the fight when it comes to issues related to Thai Immigration, which is solely the remit of the immigration division of the Royal Thai Police, the RTP.

28 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Now I ask the habitual, log-time FB users just how many times do they actually read the long list of changes on the mandatory, pop-up, notice of changes? I would wager that 99% just scroll as fast as they can to the bottom and click the 'Accept' button.

To quote from the old "War Games" movie, "The only way to win, is not to play."  I've never had FB - and never will.  At one point, Google tried to force me into their "groups" - so I stopped using their services.

I'm sure being private puts me on a "list" of some sort, but at least they will have to waste time and manpower to spy on me (note: it will be boring). 

I'm sure I'm in good company, with millions of others old enough to have been taught since grade-school that only the "evil soviets" spied on their own citizens, and that we Americans were so lucky to live in a free country.  I worry that the younger generations have no idea what they have lost.  Or maybe they are lucky, in that they don't miss freedom and liberty.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

On 2/9/2018 at 3:36 PM, JackThompson said:

Stamps can be faked.  ...

On 2/9/2018 at 4:42 PM, elviajero said:

... I doubt the IO at passport control will immediately accept the exit stamp as proof if it contradicts the computer record, as stamps are easily faked. ...

I really do not agree that 'stamps can be faked.' These passport stampers that most here comment on so derisively probably see thousands of these stamps in a week and a fake one would stick out like the proverbial. Otherwise every c___ and his dog would be using a purple biro to game the system.

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I really do not agree that 'stamps can be faked.' These passport stampers that most here comment on so derisively probably see thousands of these stamps in a week and a fake one would stick out like the proverbial. Otherwise every c___ and his dog would be using a purple biro to game the system.

They used to - but it would be pointless, now that "the computer says" has become an authority. 

Bear in mind, that those with computer-data that conflicts, will be in the position of saying, "One of you guys screwed up," - even if they don't put it in so many words.  Having the airline flight-confirmation provides a 2nd piece of physical evidence, for use in overriding the error in the computer record.

• Like 2

On 8.2.2018 at 10:05 PM, Spinman said:

Thank you for the sound advice.  The Prang Ku police say "mai pen rai"  The GF says "Mai Pen Rai," but I have a feeling this will come back to bite me in the ass if not handled through Immigration.  There's a reason Immigration in Sisaket sent them looking for me.  I've always had great interactions with the Sisaket Immigration office, but as you said it must appear that my exit wasn't properly marked in Bangkok.  GF doesn't want to go to Sisaket Immigration, because of the distance and thinks a phone call to Prang Ku will suffice.  I've stressed the importance of her going directly to Immigration because "They sent the Prang Ku Police"

i.e. They are the big boss, and Prang Ku is just following orders.  It's time to put on her Government Teacher's uniform and head to the Immigration office, take them some Donuts (Nam Jai) and wai them, etc. etc.  I've also asked her to get some supporting paperwork from Immigration in Sisaket stating that I'm not hiding out in the rice field.  I've supplied pictures of my entry, extension, and exit stamps from my Passport, as well as the passport itself.  This way, I will have something to show at BKK on my next return.  Hopefully, it's sufficient to prove I haven't been hiding out in Issan for a year.  

You also raise a good point regarding others on overstay perhaps getting nervous.  If this is happening out in the boonies of Ban Kumad (Near Prang Ku) then it could very well happen anywhere.

David

Third world chicken shit business.....all these useless paperkickers.....

On 09/02/2018 at 4:05 AM, Spinman said:

David

"Mai pen rai" means "never mind"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

I think you’ll find that most ‘fake stamps’ are created by actual immigration chops. So it’s a real stamp, but not a legit entry/exit.

7 hours ago, JackThompson said:

I'm sure I'm in good company, with millions of others old enough to have been taught since grade-school that only the "evil soviets" spied on their own citizens, and that we Americans were so lucky to live in a free country.  I worry that the younger generations have no idea what they have lost.  Or maybe they are lucky, in that they don't miss freedom and liberty.

Off topic, I know, but I consider this to be one of the most important issues of our time. I grew up in a generation that typically read George Orwell's 1984. In many respects, the world envisaged by Orwell now exists. Where Orwell got things wrong is the constant surveillance and brainwashing is not by a single entity (the all powerful state). It is carried out simultaneously by a shadowy group of powerful players, competing to manipulate you for their own ends. That does not make it less frightening. Even those who know what is going on (and I count myself among them) have an increasingly difficult task in maintaining privacy and informed choice.

• Like 1

@Spinman

I have no idea if this already has been suggested, but you can easily prove that you have left the country on the date the Exit Stamp says if you still have the Boarding Pass for the plane.

If you have that no problem proving that you left the country and also don't have to worry about "fake stamps" ;)

Good Luck

:wai:

Edited by MJCM