American who killed Australian tourist in Pattaya bar fight has murdered before

webfact

2 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Quite right, no-one here would know the difference between 'celibate' and 'celebrate'.

What is quite right is that you dont have a Clue of what we other know or dont know....:coffee1:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Probably right about "length of stay", but that really bugs me when murderers get out of jail at all. First degree murder or manslaughter with violence should mean actual life without parole, till they die in jail.

I agree!

21 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

"if we've got the whole story at this point."

I agree, it seems though that many want to hang the American first and get the whole or true facts later. Lots of anti-americanism showing on the forum so far. 

No, it's hang the murderer regardless of his nationalty. American visitors to Pattaya are normally well behaved even if a bit loud.

5 hours ago, shan777 said:

If i saw a guy pick a waitress up by the neck until her feet were off the ground. I would try and stop the <deleted> too, I wasn't there so don't know like every one all the facts , this guy did a bit of over kill in stopping this now dead bully , don't agree with that , but I was not there .....

You are in excellent company as 99% of the posters were not there either. :smile:

19 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Unless you can provide references to prove that a criminal record prevents you from getting an Australian Passport - I call BS.  I looked at the Australian website and I can find NO requirements or checks of criminal history.  There are requirements if you are facing charges, there are requirements / restrictions on mobility if you are on parol, but not if you have spent the entire time required for the conviction.  Obviously if you are an alien you will not be able to get citizenship with a substantial criminal record and thus not be able to get a passport.  I think you are misrepresenting Australian law (I have seen several occasions where people have done that - they take something out of context).

Well mate you seem to have knowledge. Asking because i worked with a guy who actually told me he went to jail receiving stolen goods He did 3 years Kept his nose clean for years.In later life and this is from his mouth not mine he wanted to go to America for a holiday with his wife He told me he was refused a pass port because he had a criminal record Now i see this upsets you a lot and i am not misrepresenting Australian law i dont think the guy just made that up. I dont need to provide you with references i am telling you what the guy said to me You can believe me or not i really dont care mate. Now my point to all this i am asking if  a guy in America has a record for Manslaughter can he still get a passport? You have just answered me YES Thanks bye

1 minute ago, Happyman58 said:

Asking because i worked with a guy who actually told me he went to jail receiving stolen goods He did 3 years Kept his nose clean for years.In later life and this is from his mouth not mine he wanted to go to America for a holiday with his wife He told me he was refused a pass port because he had a criminal record

He was most probably refused a Visa to the USA , rather then being refused an Aussie PP

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

He was most probably refused a Visa to the USA , rather then being refused an Aussie PP

Thanks Sane maybe you are right I never went into detail with him.All i know he could not go. So the question is How this guy get a visa when he had a record to get into Thailand?   I guess the Canadian cannuk got one on me there Next time i pull all my books out and make sure every part i say is spot on Forgot about the Visa lol even though i think now Aussies can go to America with out applying fro a visa Ooops better shut up or the Canadian will attack me again lol

3 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

So the question is How this guy get a visa when he had a record to get into Thailand? 

Quite simply because Thailand does not check any criminal activity, the only Thai visa that requires the applicant to provide a criminal record check is the O-A type visas and even that isn't exactly perfect, it would prove that the applicant had no criminal history in their own country, they could well have one in another country though!

It isn't a perfect world, to track every known criminal in every country, going back a lifetime, that every country had access to, would be a huge task.

15 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

Well mate you seem to have knowledge. Asking because i worked with a guy who actually told me he went to jail receiving stolen goods He did 3 years Kept his nose clean for years.In later life and this is from his mouth not mine he wanted to go to America for a holiday with his wife He told me he was refused a pass port because he had a criminal record Now i see this upsets you a lot and i am not misrepresenting Australian law i dont think the guy just made that up. I dont need to provide you with references i am telling you what the guy said to me You can believe me or not i really dont care mate. Now my point to all this i am asking if  a guy in America has a record for Manslaughter can he still get a passport? You have just answered me YES Thanks bye

3 years for receiving.

2 years for killing.

Governments regard a stolen TV worth more than lives of those they govern.

Shows their priorities?

15 hours ago, yogi100 said:

No, it's hang the murderer regardless of his nationalty. American visitors to Pattaya are normally well behaved even if a bit loud.

Mate i dont hate American people  They would be the best tourists you could ever get  find.They love to laugh and spend  money. Its just American gov that needs shaping up, and some of their policies just stink But so do Australian English German gov need shaping up also

According to Australian law 

Can you apply for a passport if you have a criminal record?
This restriction only lasts while the convicted criminal is imprisoned or on probation/parole. It is important to remember that you do not have to be a convicted criminal to be denied a passport. While a criminal record will not prevent you from obtaining a passport, you may still be denied for other reasons.

either a misdemeanor or criminal record

Can I be admitted into the U.S. if I have either a misdemeanor or criminal record (for example a DUI)? 

The U.S. does not deny entry to persons with a "Driving Under the Influence" (DUI) conviction, although if there are multiple convictions for this and or other misdemeanors, you could be denied entry.

Generally, any convictions for drug possession can result in denial of entry. If the conviction was long ago, you might contact the U.S. Embassy, Office of Consular Affairs in your country to obtain a waiver. Other misdemeanors may result in denial if they were recent.

A crime of moral turpitude (CIMT) may be grounds to deny entry to the U.S.  For a list of crimes;  please clickhere.

If you wish to receive automatic updates to this Q&A, select "Subscribe to Updates" on the left side of this screen.

16 minutes ago, jayguzz said:
On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 3:23 PM, nanoth said:

What happened in the Ruby Club bar may happen and happens everyday in any bar of the world!

It is stupid to blame Pattaya or Thailand for this sad story...

Yes, well put. Could of happened anywhere in the world

No true. I many western countries it's the liability of the bar to no serve alcohol to someone already drunk.

No such rule in Pattaya, where a bar will serve him alcohol as long as he has money to pay it! :post-4641-1156693976:

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:08 PM, ezzra said:

One man is a convicted murder, the deceased is a known trouble maker and a bully, what a fine

specimen of human being Pattaya is attracting, almost safe enough to have our monthy

church meetings there...

One step closer to establishing Pattaya as a family destination.

• Like 1

On 2018-02-14 at 2:47 AM, yogi100 said:

How could US imigration have stopped either murder.

He was already in the US when he did his first one as he is apparently a US citizen and this one took place in the Land of Smiles. US immigration can't tell someone they can't go on holiday. Immigration deals with people arriving in a country not those already there or those leaving it for a 'vacation' as they call it in the Land of the Free.

US immigration should never have let him (or his parents) into US and certainly not given him citizenship. Murder one avoided. If he did not have a US passport and US welfare checks he would not have been able to travel the world. Murder two avoided.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NightRider70 said:

You are correct. I do not see it as an assumtion tho, but a fact, given his looks and name for that matter.

1 hour ago, NightRider70 said:

How on earth is it a fact that he is from Mexico because he has a Hispanic name?  You are aware that millions of people with Hispanic names are actually born in the US?  Polanco was born in the US.

Edited by mgthom63

9 minutes ago, mgthom63 said:

How on earth is it a fact that he is from Mexico because he has a Hispanic name?  You are aware that millions of people with Hispanic names are actually born in the US?  Polanco was born in the US.

Yep, the picture of his passport shows he was born in New York City.  This was online where all can see it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Thomasbangkok said:

Yep, the picture of his passport shows he was born in New York City.  This was online where all can see it.

AFAIK NightRider70, it's a fact that New York City is not on the 'other side of the border'.

And where did you comment about welfare checks come from?  ("US immigration should never have let him (or his parents) into US and certainly not given him citizenship. Murder one avoided. If he did not have a US passport and US welfare checks he would not have been able to travel the world. Murder two avoided.")

He's a despicable piece of work but your comments border on xenophobia and racism. 

Passport2.JPG

Edited by mgthom63