Thai Citizenship For Children (age>20) Of Thai

I am thirty-something and born in Hong Kong, holding British (Overseas) passport..

My mother is Thai. Is it possible for me to get Thai Citizenship? My mother ask the Immigration Bureau and she is instructed to get notorized document from the Consulate-General in Hong Kong..

Anybody here has a similar case?

I am now working in Thailand with Non-B Visa and my family with Non-O visa.. I am planning to stay in Thailand so I may be interested in getting Thai citizenship!

Thanks in Advance!

• 4 weeks later...

I am in a similar situation, except that my father is Thai, mother is British and I was born in Australia. I would be interested to know how you have progressed with acquiring Thai citizenship.

Cheers,

Steve

My question is that I married my wife (Thai) years ago and our baby is now 5 months old with Malaysian Citizenship. Can we apply for Thai Citizenship for our baby too? If yes, what is the procedures or what kind of docs are required for such application? Can we apply thru the local Thai Embassy or have to do it in Thailand?

Thank you.

My question is that I married my wife (Thai) years ago and our baby is now 5 months old with Malaysian Citizenship. Can we apply for Thai Citizenship for our baby too? If yes, what is the procedures or what kind of docs are required for such application? Can we apply thru the local Thai Embassy or have to do it in Thailand?

Thank you.

Malaysia is not usually happy about any duality of citizenship. Check with the Malay Embassy or Ministry.

I am in a similar situation, except that my father is Thai, mother is British and I was born in Australia. I would be interested to know how you have progressed with acquiring Thai citizenship.

Cheers,

Steve

Contact the Royal Thai Embassy 111 Empire Circuit Yarralumla ACT 2600 Telephone 02 6273 1149 Consular Enquiries, and begin the process. Same advice as I gave to the other enquirer. Make certain the your father can prove his Thai heritage.