Ticha hands Prayut 80,000 signatures calling on Prawit to resign

webfact

1 minute ago, baboon said:

When you can face years for clicking 'Like' or writing "Ja" on Facebook. When you can be hauled away for "Eating a sandwich with political intent", when you can be prosecuted for violating the ban on gatherings of groups of five people or more by gathering in groups of less than five or even on your own, why bother risking it?

I remember about the sandwich saga, but seeing it written as "Eating a sandwich with political intent", makes you realise how pathetic the situation has been made by our very own Kim Jong- Prayuth.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, baboon said:

It is quite possible your theories are correct, but my point still stands - dissenters can be carted off if there is even suspicion that they might come close to coming close to breaking any 'law'. Nobody really knows where they stand (which is exactly as intended), so why take the chance?

Why take a chance.. people would only take a chance if they feel that by taking a chance they can change something... I don't think they feel they can change anything... suppose he steps down... then an other equally corrupt guy will take his place. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Why take a chance.. people would only take a chance if they feel that by taking a chance they can change something... I don't think they feel they can change anything... suppose he steps down... then an other equally corrupt guy will take his place. 

Yes, a good deal of truth to that.

5 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

Apologies, tv is not my life.

No need to apologize, i want him and every other corrupt official gone.. i just don't see it happening.. 

Today we were driving home and they were remaking a road.. gf said the road was only 3 years old and commented on how nothing ever changes here and those in power (no matter what political color) want to keep it that way. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, robblok said:

I must say I want Prawit to leave but I don't think 80.000 signatures is a lot given there are millions of Thais. Maybe the campaign was not publicized widely enough. 

It wouldn't be difficult to fake 80,000 signatures in an online campaign. They are meaningless unless they can be authenticated. Signature campaigns, particularly online, are usually a waste of time.

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

No need to apologize, i want him and every other corrupt official gone.. i just don't see it happening.. 

Today we were driving home and they were remaking a road.. gf said the road was only 3 years old and commented on how nothing ever changes here and those in power (no matter what political color) want to keep it that way. 

LOL> 3 years is a long time for it to last - they made it well. I've seen newly made roads in Pattaya full of potholes within a year.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

That's a cynical opinio, the 50mm that should have been 150 mm of tarmac on the road will no doubt play on their conscience and they will come clean on their deception and rectify the situation out of their own pocket 

Ha ha ha! Just how long have you been writing comedy scripts?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Quiet a while, when i first said i wanted to be a comedian people laughed

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

I remember about the sandwich saga, but seeing it written as "Eating a sandwich with political intent", makes you realise how pathetic the situation has been made by our very own Kim Jong- Prayuth.

And let's not forget that infamous video of the woman bundled into a taxi not long after the coup...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, baboon said:

And let's not forget that infamous video of the woman bundled into a taxi not long after the coup...

Yes, absolutely right. That poor woman had the temerity to hold up three fingers at the roadside (a symbol of defiance to  the junta) - and she was manhandled and shoved and violently forced into a taxi by the Thought Police. It was amazing - and appalling.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Was he in that 1968 film Watchfinder General, along with Vincent Price?

Unfortunately, he doesn't have the physical attributes to be an actor.  :neus:

Edited by PatOngo

Breaking news:

Ticha and her staff were ushered into the presence of Mr. Chan-Ocha's cardboard figure where they were allowed to present the signatures. The meeting was brief but Ticha was satisfied that the response from the doppleganger was as if the man himself were there.

As the meeting adjourned, Ticha noted that the PM's effigy had not become upset and indeed, a smile could still be seen adorning his face.

Amazing Thailand!

• Haha 1

80,000 signatures, on a petition opposing a military coup government wielding total power, is actually quite impressive. Especially as many Thais' attitude towards corruption seems to be somewhere between resignation and indifference. In a country where political participation is not necessarily on the same level as in the West, all the more so.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

80,018 people had supported the petition calling for the scandal-plagued minister to resign from the Cabinet

TV readers who trivialize and/or ridicule the 80,018 people who signed the petition because of its relative insignificance to Thailand's 60 million + population need to put the petition in its proper perspective. Thailand's history since at least after 1932 places a great deal of attention on petitions of most any size (even to a single person) in the governance of Thailand:

• 2017 Constitution, Section 41 - petition a State agency for complaint and action; Section 49 - petition the Constitutional Court to appeal acts of the Attorney General
  • Petition a Constitutional Organization (aka Independent Organization) for redress to government actions or lack thereof, ie., NACC, DSI, Office of Ombudsman
  • Petition the PM for redress actions or lack thereof by State agencies, ie. petitions by rubber farm owners, shipping boat owners.

From the above perspective, a petition of eighty thousand plus people represents a massive number of "concerned citizens." This is especially significant where there is currently no representative, ie., by election, government.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, robblok said:

69 million

I was saying that 80.000 was not a lot... then Tilacme said for each signatory there are 1000 thinking the same.. that is 80.000 x 1000 = 80.000.000

That is 11 million more as the 69 million on record.

Dont matter if they got 8 million people to sign he still wont leave  Its a dictatorship and they take no notice of anyone except themselves. As for population its 69 million Thais less 26,000 who will die on the roads this year. 

• Like 2