Ticha hands Prayut 80,000 signatures calling on Prawit to resign

webfact

30 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

TV readers who trivialize and/or ridicule the 80,018 people who signed the petition because of its relative insignificance to Thailand's 60 million + population need to put the petition in its proper perspective. Thailand's history since at least after 1932 places a great deal of attention on petitions of most any size (even to a single person) in the governance of Thailand:

• 2017 Constitution, Section 41 - petition a State agency for complaint and action; Section 49 - petition the Constitutional Court to appeal acts of the Attorney General
  • Petition a Constitutional Organization (aka Independent Organization) for redress to government actions or lack thereof, ie., NACC, DSI, Office of Ombudsman
  • Petition the PM for redress actions or lack thereof by State agencies, ie. petitions by rubber farm owners, shipping boat owners.

From the above perspective, a petition of eighty thousand plus people represents a massive number of "concerned citizens." This is especially significant where there is currently no representative, ie., by election, government.

Maybe, but they share the demonstration of a money-counting machine  a few million times but only get 80.000 signatures... IMHO it means total apathy about politics. (i don't mean its a support of the junta.. just total disinterest in politics)

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/review-bangkoks-awesome-coin-deposit-machine-excites-million-thais/

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

it means total apathy about politics

Looking at the votes in previous national elections numbering in the tens of millions, I'd say there's not a total Thai apathy about politics - only about apathy towards authoritarian regimes whether be they overt or covert, ie the Dark State.

• Like 1

As encouraging as it is a petition is hardly likely to move him not forgetting that a Cabinet usurper only this week got flame grilled by the main man for saying unhelpful things to the BBC .. Why not a return to some medieval truth extraction like the ducking chair the logic of which was if you were telling porkies you'd drown .. And if you weren't you'd probably still drown anyway ..One dunk in the Chao Phraya for each watch please .. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, JOC said:

80.018 signatures in more than 2 weeks...not very impressive

Sure the PM can manage 80.019 signatures in a week, demanding Mr Prawit to stay on....

As for "the well-known volunteer social worker"....All to get her 15 minutes of fame

Have you ever considered that she might have a valid point?       I feel sure that if the country was not so overwhelmed with apathy and inertia, the total votes for this petition would be more like 8 million than 80 thousand .

22 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes, but don't you think 80.000 is not much.. I had expected much higher number especially for an online poll. If it was real signatures people going door to door i would understand the lower number but an online poll is so easy to participate in that I don't understand the low numbers.

The answer is APATHY!

8 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

The answer is APATHY!

No, the answer is HOPELESSNESS!

It's been more than eight decades since the 1932 revolution by the Thai military and the Thai people are still victims of absolute power by a minority elite.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, robblok said:

Maybe, but they share the demonstration of a money-counting machine  a few million times but only get 80.000 signatures... IMHO it means total apathy about politics. (i don't mean its a support of the junta.. just total disinterest in politics)

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/review-bangkoks-awesome-coin-deposit-machine-excites-million-thais/

Millions vote in an election Rob.

Not much point doing anything at the mo, when the people in power have the guns and the tanks.

It will start like the last big one - the students.

There will be casualties unfortunately.

It's the only way.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2018 at 4:09 PM, robblok said:

So now all of a sudden there are 80.000.000 Thais...  i wonder where those 11 million extra are hiding.

Oh yeah, muscle training against brain training, go for it........

10 hours ago, ikke said:

Oh yeah, muscle training against brain training, go for it........

Please point out the error of my calculation then ? 

80.000 x 1000 = 80.000.000

Official figure is 69.000.000  that looks like a difference of 11.000.000

I like to train both muscle and brain as both get weaker if we dont use them.

Edited by robblok

11 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Millions vote in an election Rob.

Not much point doing anything at the mo, when the people in power have the guns and the tanks.

It will start like the last big one - the students.

There will be casualties unfortunately.

It's the only way.

I want Prawit gone, I want him investigated fairly and IF (i think he is) corrupt punished not just removed. But I just figured after all that news and media attention more then 80.000 signatures would be found. Then I see other news that a stupid money counting machine is shared millions of times. 

I really expected far higher numbers.