The dark, violent side of Pattaya ‘the sex capital of the world’

rooster59

The dark, violent side of Pattaya ‘the sex capital of the world’

Andrew Koubaridis

1e1c33b5c9dae80dd8c8b46a4121c6b5.jpg

EVEN by Pattaya’s violent standards the death of Melbourne man Benjamin Robb was shockingly brutal.

The 42-year-old had been in the resort city south of Bangkok for only 12 hours. He made his way to Ruby Lounge, a notorious spot that promises “to heat things up and bring a flirty mood to your night out”.

Since news first broke an Australian had been killed, witnesses claimed to have seen an appalling level of brutality. Repeated punches, kicks, Mr Robb thrown across the room and, finally, his head and face stomped on as friends of the attacker cheered.

One final insult was these friends then took photographs of Mr Robb as he lay dying from a brain bleed.

Full story: http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/the-dark-violent-side-of-pattaya-the-sex-capital-of-the-world/news-story/d26d135024b8f81c02cf12b513c5e53a

News.com.au: 2018-02-17

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

EVEN by Pattaya’s violent standards the death of Melbourne man Benjamin Robb was shockingly brutal.

Nope! It´s just seems to be more common. Probably only seen the beginning yet, unless the new foreign database can help with removal of the criminal and mindless infestation.

Here we are describing "database" as an incredible "antidote".

• Confused 1

"...CCTV apparently captured the entire incident and is being examined by police. Cameras close to the bar were supposedly switched off.

The closed doors nature of this area of Pattaya is evident of a culture that those who work and play there — and those in government — do not want publicity on..."

Of course the cameras were "switched off". It wouldn't be good for tourism if there was footage of the incident to blare across TV screens around the world.

If you aren't sure about where you are, don't be there!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Below is a photo of the attacker taken by a Thai friend who recognized him yesterday in Jomtien. She told me he had been into immigration and was only accompanied by his girlfriend. He freely walked down to the beach and had lunch.

The court did not officially bail him. But maybe it was arranged another way.

He has started to grow a goatie beard. maybe he wants to change his appearance.1518850890349.jpg.c089072cc4edd9bcf4d567221e62e6ca.jpg

• Like 1

On other threads many were wondering if he was just a tourist, or more of a regular expat type.

Below is a photo of him with his Thai girlfriend, the same girlfriend he was in the bar with when he killed Robb.

His t shirt is interesting to read.

1518850895786.thumb.jpg.92c552ef86e6b4c4ee3296dc1299318a.jpg

Well, I'll cross the Ruby Lounge off my visit list. I can get all the ultra violence I want in the UK, no need to travel half-way round the world for it. Bl**dy idiots, girls with their tongues hanging out, and they go for this violence sh*t.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dazler said:

Below is a photo of the attacker taken by a Thai friend who recognized him yesterday in Jomtien. She told me he had been into immigration and was only accompanied by his girlfriend. He freely walked down to the beach and had lunch.

He has started to grow a goatie beard. maybe he wants to change his appearance.1518850890349.jpg.c089072cc4edd9bcf4d567221e62e6ca.jpg

Does not look like the killer, maybe someone who looks like him, Hard to believe the police would let him out.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dazler said:

I also saw him yesterday at Jomtien Immigration, did a double take as I couldn't believe my eyes, seeing him out and about. He looked relaxed and happy. Twin brother ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topt said:

Perhaps @dazler could shed some light for the rest of us as to how he knows all the above as "facts".........

Fact 1 Many witnesses. Photographic evidence. More than i posted. And the girl who gave me the photo saw a farang go up and ask if it was him and he confirmed it was.

Fact 2 Someone who knows him told me. And confirmed by another source that i dont wish to reveal.

Fact 3 I and several others have been to the bar since, acting as customers, and asked them. if you dont believe go and ask for yourself.

fact 4 A video was taken of their teasing each other. i have watched it. It looked a bit off, but you can see it is no way against her will. she could have walked away anytime, but didnt.

fact 5 Inside knowledge and i think the police have officially said that as well.

• Haha 1

Just now, topt said:

Perhaps @dazler could shed some light for the rest of us as to how he knows all the above as "facts".........

Especially Fact NBR 4

I have a hard time believing a 6 foot two hundred pound man was getting the worst of a jovial choking interchange with some 5 foot bargirl. Make the other 'facts' specious.

Whether or not the police have released him is not part of what happened in Ruby Bar between the two drunk sociopaths.

Edited by IAMHERE
spelling

13 minutes ago, Thaifly88 said:

I also saw him yesterday at Jomtien Immigration, did a double take as I couldn't believe my eyes, seeing him out and about. He looked relaxed and happy. Twin brother ? 

Thanks for backing me.

heaps of people saw him and he was as you described.

7 hours ago, seeyoujimmy said:

for the first time in 7 years I am going back to Scotland and there is no way I would walk about late at night in Glasgow, I have never felt unsafe in Pattaya, they make it sound like there is no trouble anywhere in the world but Pattaya, they just have to go to any major city or town in the west after the pubs close, and look what has just happened in America the other day again, it is sad that someone has lost his life, but I do not think many people think Pattaya is more dangerous than back home.   

Great post SeeyouJimmy, I could not agree more, I ran up Victoria Road to escape after four Eastern Europeans  came towards me menacingly shouting at me in anger, and all I was doing was walking up the road, and that was only about 11pm.

1 hour ago, darrendsd said:

Were you in the bar when the incident happened? I'm guessing not as you have been told by a eyewitness what happened

So everything you have said apart from him being released is what you have been told, being told something does not mean it is a fact, especially if it comes from bar girls

Unless you were actually there you know about as much as everyone else

If you refer to another of my replies you will see.

But thanks for your non contribution.

dazler, You have appeared, as if from nowhere, to give your account of the incident and it's fallout. Have you strong connections to the police? Why post on an internet forum instead of taking it to the press (Aussie press particularly)?

Knowing what you say you know, do you think it is right that the American is a free man?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

You're talking rubbish i'm afraid

You have been told off a few bar girls what happened and are presenting it as facts trying to make yourself look important 

I would stop posting if I were you, you are making yourself look stupid

Nah, that was fact 3 only. And as i said only part of it. And also part of what i said under the facts that i didnt claim as fact.

I not going to bother with you anymore, you are the one with no idea. 

Can you tell me how you know i am wrong? You cant. Because i am not. 

Read Thaifly"s post. he knows what he saw. And hundreds of others.

And i am important, no need to act important.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, dazler said:

fact 4 A video was taken of their teasing each other. i have watched it. It looked a bit off, but you can see it is no way against her will. she could have walked away anytime, but didn't.

Ruby Club said that they gave the unique copy to the police and that the original was kept in a safety place.  So how did you managed to see that video ? :unsure:

2 minutes ago, champers said:

dazler, You have appeared, as if from nowhere, to give your account of the incident and it's fallout. Have you strong connections to the police? Why post on an internet forum instead of taking it to the press (Aussie press particularly)?

Knowing what you say you know, do you think it is right that the American is a free man?

Just because i have never bothered posting on this forum doesn't mean i was born yesterday. I know probably 100plus farangs here. none of them post here. Most dont read it.

Everything i know has been passed on to the Aussie and American press. That is how i originally knew the police will not be releasing the CCTV footage.

No i dont think he should be a free man. I do slightly sympathise with his intentions, but he read the situation wrongly, and totally overacted. IMO