Thaivisa exclusive: Aussie bound biker stranded in Thailand talks to Thaivisa after being dumped off plane in Bangkok

rooster59

Sounds a little odd. Unless a genuine mistake has been made, I suspect there is more to this story than we are being told. I lived in Oz for 7 years and never heard of Permanent residence being cancelled unless you were convicted of something fairly serious.

Google Shane Martin , father of Richmond player Dustin Martin .

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

Apart from Shane Martin , also a biker , repatriated to NZ ... Oz govt is about to deport a 17 year old kiwi ( who came there as a kid with his parents , but never applied for citizenship) for a serious assault on another youngster .

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, aldo7 said:

There is no "good guys" in motorcycle gangs. Not easy to believe  Thai Immigration gives immediatly a one year visa  as we know you have to show a lot of guarantees, financial, résidence and more.

What about the Jesters?

2 hours ago, transam said:

Perhaps, but if this guy has been under the Aus radar for naughty stuff then Aus has just brought out their ace card.....

Not the first and not the last.  The Is president if the rebels went overseas a few years back and as far as I know he still hasn't been allowed back in.  Crime are frequently deported having done their time in jail.  Even Brit's who came to Oz as very young children but never became citizens are being turfed out after jail time served. 

• Like 1

Just now, murraynz said:

he has VERY  nice looking, happy family, is a long time employee with same company--he cant be  ALL  bad..

seems like a strange situation to be in ??

Provided there is nothing more to this story, then I'd be very surprised if he is not back with his family shortly.

Biker gang member or not, this seems one of those absurdities: married, kids, house, job, and no convictions for 25 years!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Donotdisturb said:

I always like the "i have a family" argument. Classic ?

Well, 99% of normal people seem to think it is rather important!  And it is often a big factor in decisions.

But ok...what about the 'I haven't done anything wrong argument'?  Based on the story anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, impulse said:

Could become a problem for the agency he hired when Immigration (and social media) snaps to the fact that he couldn't possibly have seasoned the money for 2-3 months since Feb 8, or have an income from a country that won't let him in.

Or, maybe a learning experience for anyone having trouble getting a retirement visa through the DIY path.

Irrelevant. Income is income.

• Like 1

He must have an income of 65.000 thb a month or 800.000 thb in a bank to get the visa . don't know how he can get back to Australia . if they refuse him entry its would be almost impossible   through the legal channels. try getting back with the merchant navy working on a ship  

If you are on a permanent visa, in the stamp it says that you must be in the country by a certain date. So if you go out, then in the next 5 years you must be in the country by a certain date...' something like, can't enter after...'

So if you go out of the country and the 5 years is coming up, you must apply for a resident returning letter before you leave. Now if you have been on a resident visa for 20 or 30 years, no probs as you are in the country, but if you leave and forget to apply for a resident return and you try to enter after the date, you will be refused.

It's something like that, so maybe this is the reason.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Happened to my wife. I didn't read the conditions of the residence visa well enough and the 5 year date had expired while we were traveling and she flew to Bali to fix it up at the consulate there before she could enter Aus again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aldo7 said:

There is no "good guys" in motorcycle gangs. Not easy to believe  Thai Immigration gives immediatly a one year visa  as we know you have to show a lot of guarantees, financial, résidence and more.

he would of been able to pay for another flight if he had not got all those tattoos done , they cost about 3,000 baht each one

• Like 1

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Sounds a little odd. Unless a genuine mistake has been made, I suspect there is more to this story than we are being told. I lived in Oz for 7 years and never heard of Permanent residence being cancelled unless you were convicted of something fairly serious.

RE - Mr Lawrence said that he came to Pattaya for a bike week on 8th February and was leaving on the 14th to return to his family and job.

There is a possibility that Pattaya caught his somewhat lawless soul and he based on that didnt had a desire to leave hence the odd story - if so, he is not the first neither will he be the last........:coffee1:

3 hours ago, rebo said:

Wondering if he really could show a Thai bank account of at least 800'000 THB for at least the last 3 months in his name ...

But the poor lad is crying poor.

maybe he foresaw this coming after what happened to Shane Martin and Alex Vella and started the process earlier, or else he went to that visa expert that charges 15000 bt to get you the retirement visa in South Patts.

11 minutes ago, Will27 said:

The minister of Immigration was recently granted extra powers to cancel on character grounds which now include:

"you are or have been a member of a group or organisation, or had or have an association with a person, group or organisation

that the Minister reasonably suspects of being involved in criminal conduct".

So you don't even have to have committed a crime.

Thanks, I forgot about the above.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, carlyai said:

If you are on a permanent visa, in the stamp it says that you must be in the country by a certain date. So if you go out, then in the next 5 years you must be in the country by a certain date...' something like, can't enter after...'

So if you go out of the country and the 5 years is coming up, you must apply for a resident returning letter before you leave. Now if you have been on a resident visa for 20 or 30 years, no probs as you are in the country, but if you leave and forget to apply for a resident return and you try to enter after the date, you will be refused.

It's something like that, so maybe this is the reason.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Happened to my wife. I didn't read the conditions of the residence visa well enough and the 5 year date had expired while we were traveling and she flew to Bali to fix it up at the consulate there before she could enter Aus again.

Not quite.

He said he had been told his PR was cancelled, not lapsed.

Usually, passengers are told as they depart the airport that they will need to apply for a resident return visa

at an embassy overseas. This is usually a tick and flick exercise if you are of a good character.

Obviously this guy isn't.

I'm guessing Immigration "forgot" to tell him on his way out.