Phuket students returns wallet full of Chinese New Year cash to owner

rooster59

Phuket students returns wallet full of Chinese New Year cash to owner 

Eakkapop Thongtub

1518851482_1-org.jpg

PHUKET: A Thai woman was reunited with her wallet by Phuket students after she dropped it during her lunch break at Saphan Hin yesterday (Feb 16).

Yesterday afternoon a Facebook user named “Moddam Yimwan” posted three pictures in a Facebook group with the message read, “These two boys are very nice. Phuket youths are not always bad. At 11:30am after I bought my lunch, I was walking back to my work place. I dropped my wallet at Saphan Hin.

“I have B9,000 cash inside the wallet. These money is my hongbao I received this morning. These two boys shout to me and returned the wallet. They are handsome and nice boys. Their parents and teachers are very successful in teaching them to be good people,” the message continued.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-students-returns-wallet-full-of-chinese-new-year-cash-to-owner-66013.php#WEW4Zb3cmOFcRzof.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-02-17

14 hours ago, PAIBKK said:

The "rare" good deeds from Thai are always mentioned in the newspapers.

I worked as a teacher at a Thai government school. While I was teaching, my wallet in the unlockable teacher's desk, which I had accidentally left there that particular day, was stolen out of my bag, with 7,900 baht in it. (Another small purse in my bag, with only coins, was also emptied out and only about 15 baht left, presumably to give me the chance to take the cheap bus home after work.) The probable culprits: a foreign teacher and his girlfriend, a Thai teacher. The school made very little effort to find my wallet or the thieves, refusing to have the cops involved. This incident was not mentioned in the newspapers...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Haha 1