Yingluck gets ready to make her move

rooster59

1 hour ago, TooPoopedToPop said:

A return to power of the corrupt Shinawatra Clan?

If thats what the people want to vote for (again) why not? or better stay with a corrupt "self imposed" power wielders!

Or do you have a better idea?

• Like 2

Just now, Becker said:

You have made perfectly clear over the last few years how much disdain you have for the Shins and seemingly also the fairly democratic process that brought them to power. Although your support for the junta seems to have cooled drastically I get the feeling you still prefer them to anything an election would bring about.

So to my question; what would you realistically like to see happen in Thailand in the coming years? We both know that a bunch of honest, moral leaders will not suddenly materialize and that Thailand will have to undergo some sort of transition for this to happen.

The only way I can see that this will take place is for democracy to be given a chance as the steady stream of coups clearly don't work. What do you propose?

I don't support the junta anymore not one bit. But that does not change how corrupt the Shins are. It just means that i now see that both are just corrupt more of the same. 

What i want to see is an election and that is it.. i can't hope for no corruption as it will not possible. I just hope that those who are corrupt and scandals will pop up get punished. I don't really care who will come to power preferably PTP as they will be checked most and so have the least chance for corruption.  But I just hate it when people get away with corruption.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

Your funny if you really believe this, as others have said this has been tried all over the word and the Shins are as corrupt as the rest without a real non corrupt alternative there is no hope. Anyone seeing the Shins as non corrupt saviors is crazy. Right now there is NOBODY there who could bring change.

Coups don't fix anything.. but neither do bloody revolutions. Maybe only satisfy the blood thirst of certain members. Your not alone in proposing it.. though at least you not favor it.

. but neither do bloody revolutions. Maybe only satisfy the blood thirst of certain members. Your not alone in proposing it.. though at least you not favor i

Was not America the result of revolution? I alittle more than blood thirst I would say huh.

5 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

You remain a junta apologist-I thought your "recantation" last week was hilarious.

Just changed to BS setting 2-"Tactful"

You seem to be not the brightest person alive, because one can be against the junta and against the Shins. My dislike of the junta has not changed my dislike of the shins.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, robblok said:

Your funny if you really believe this, as others have said this has been tried all over the word and the Shins are as corrupt as the rest without a real non corrupt alternative there is no hope. Anyone seeing the Shins as non corrupt saviors is crazy. Right now there is NOBODY there who could bring change.

Coups don't fix anything.. but neither do bloody revolutions. Maybe only satisfy the blood thirst of certain members. Your not alone in proposing it.. though at least you not favor it.

It's been tried all over the world and doesn't work? Now you're just repeating RickBradford's inane "argument" against democracy. He even lists China as having tried and failed in turning democratic!

Tried all over the world it has and in the vast majority of cases a transition from junta rule to democracy has been a resounding success. Do I really have to list all the countries with past junta rulers who today are thriving (albeit in some cases struggling) democracies???

Edited by Becker
  • Like 2

Just now, Becker said:

It's been tried all over the world and does't work? Now you're just repeating RickBradford's inane "argument" against democracy. He even lists China as having tried and failed in turning democratic!

Tried all over the world it has and in the vast majority of cases a transition from junta rule to democracy has been a resounding success. Do I really have to list all the countries with past junta rulers who today are thriving (albeit in some cases struggling) democracies???

Yup,remains an apologist.

The recantation -under a lot of heat-was purely a tactical retreat.

It is also mind benumbingly boring and repetitive as he trots out the same old saws..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

You keep going on about the corrupt Shins.

If the people want them and vote them in then it the corrupt the people want it is the peoples choice get over it.

You cannot buy the loyalty the poor have for the Shins have.

This is a topic about the Shins, in the junta watch scandal I comment about the junta. 

I just don't accept corruption from any side and will comment on it anyway.

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

Great to see you again!

Your very presence brings sunshine to my day and is an intellectual borealis at night!

Where have you been?

Sleeping?

He always seems very tired.

?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Becker said:

It's been tried all over the world and does't work? Now you're just repeating RickBradford's inane "argument" against democracy. He even lists China as having tried and failed in turning democratic!

I am not saying democracies don't work, I am saying bloody revolutions don't work.. they just bring in an other clan to power. 

6 minutes ago, Becker said:

If your idea of a utopia is a society where wealth is equally divided then that's been tried and it didn't work. However, most will agree that the US political system is better than the existing system in Thailand (despite the fact that a man-child utterly unfit for the office was elected president).

Yes,but those are  the breaks.

As far as Thailand is concerned NO PRACTICE and no perfection.

I look forward to the predictable military coup #67 or 74-whatever the godawful number is....

Sarcasm alert.

Edited by Odysseus123

52 minutes ago, robblok said:

Who lifted them out of poverty.. last time I checked all the Thais were still depended on handouts especially the farmers (just like the PTP wants it so they can promise something to get their votes again) If they were not depending on handouts they would not be so easy to manipulate. Did the PTP fund the hospitals enough ?

Little corruption scandals.. the Shins like others are corrupt to the core. 

The handouts were not really helping farmers. It was more than confusing to take money from all parties and still not knowing the bad guys..