Hunt on for Thai man as "Tom" neighbor shot dead after noise complaint

webfact

Hunt on for Thai man as "Tom" neighbor shot dead after noise complaint

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A woman who complained about the noise coming from the next room was shot dead by her drunk neighbor on Saturday night.

Bang Chan police arrived at a two story set of rooms in Soi Seri Thai 83 of Khannayao to find 45 year old Nongkhran lying in a pool of blood in the corridor.

She had been shot once in the head.

She was a ceiling fitter who had the appearance of a "tomboy" said Sanook in reporting the murder.

Neighbor in adjoining Room 6, Phimphimon, 47, a factory worker at the Bang Chan industrial estate, said that she had been arguing with her husband Sakon, 48, about his drinking.

Nongkhran yelled out: "Why are you arguing? The noise is getting on my nerves".

Her husband went out to confront the neighbor in the corridor and a slanging-match ensued. A shot was fired.

Sakon, a security guard, fled on his Honda Wave and is currently being sought by police.

Phimphimon said that her husband and the neighbor had had many arguments in the past.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-19

46 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

Thai solution to every argument. 

I've argued with my Thai wife.  I get the silent treatment for an hour or so, usually followed by an apology by one or both of us.  I dont live in a rabbit hole.  How can you explain this?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

Oh, really?  Over the past 9 years here in Thailand I have read hundreds, of not more, cases where an argument ensues, and then progresses to someone being shot and killed over the argument, and usually by an illegal gun.  
I don't know what rabbit hole you are living in, but out here in the real world, that's the way a Thai ends an argument far too often.

More than hundreds of cases?   Really?  That would be thousands, then, which world are you living in?  Maybe the rabbit hole is, ironically, apt in your case?

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

The fact remains that far too often Thai will end an argument with a gun.  You can see it almost weekly in the news, especially the Thai news, if you can read it.  

I have no problem with the Thai, but I am a realist, and don't live in some fantasy world.  I see the cold, hard facts for what they are.  You should try that sometime instead of diverting into name calling and baseless accusations to try and make your point. 

I'd bet that you haven't seen it "more than the hundreds of times" that you claim so what you describe as "cold, hard facts" are not that, at all.  

You should try sticking to the facts, not bizarre exaggerations sometimes to make your point. 

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Confirmation bias, bigotry, and knee-jerk. Now you're waffling into "far too often." But I see how your percentage of likes is quite high. 

In my village a kid was caught taking fruit from someone's tree. The owner shot him dead, Just like in Farangland - not. Then the father of the boy who had been shot dead went and shot dead the man who had killed his son. He also wounded the wife, who died later.
You are aware, aren't you, that Thailand has double the number of gun deaths than the USA based on population numbers. That really takes some doing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Oh, really?  Over the past 9 years here in Thailand I have read hundreds, of not more, cases where an argument ensues, and then progresses to someone being shot and killed over the argument, and usually by an illegal gun.  
I don't know what rabbit hole you are living in, but out here in the real world, that's the way a Thai ends an argument far too often.

Yes, but there are also the majority of arguments among Thais where guns are not used , but they do not get reported .

So, it isnt a "Thai solution to every  argument", as you claimed 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

In my village a kid was caught taking fruit from someone's tree. The owner shot him dead, Just like in Farangland - not. Then the father of the boy who had been shot dead went and shot dead the man who had killed his son. He also wounded the wife, who died later.
You are aware, aren't you, that Thailand has double the number of gun deaths than the USA based on population numbers. That really takes some doing.

Sounds like the locals have superior aim vs the Yanks.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Again Thai men's ego

But where all this guns come from 

Life in prison please 

RIP to this Thai lady 

I have news for you.

Illegal guns are on the scene all over the world.

Fact is the officials cannot do much or anything about it.

Using those guns is depending on the fuse length of people, it would be deemed racist to go any further.

Some lecturer once said there is a relation with the average temperature.

Maybe the gun nuts are right.  Let them keep their guns and keep shooting each other.  They really seem to get off on it.  Just look at those "Gun Fairs" and them all drooling over the assault rifles.  Clearly they are prepared to expose their children and loved ones to the danger even though many of those children are scared to just go to school.