"We can't stand it any longer!" Three aunties hold press conference on sidewalk outside house at center of illegal parking drama

webfact

This happens outside my house in rural Issan, after numerous ,arguments the locals who visit the semi -permanent un-licensed market know and some stall -holders advise people not to park outside the gate. One person ignored them and was quite upset as he parked right in front of my gate on a short driveway and I parked right behind him after waiting 10 mins for him to move , blocking him in and went to have dinner, about an hour later a Policeman turned up and asked me why I had blocked the car in, I stated he blocked my gateway I was just parking outside MY house. Not my problem. I said I would move it when I finished dinner. The police said NOW, I just ignored him  and after taking numerous photos including the Police man, went inside. 15 mins later went out to move my car. The Car driver was really apologetic, of the Police ..disappeared. . The following day went to the Police Station and found that the man who came top see me was only a Volunteer  Police man, I said he has a problem, but did clarify I was in the right 100% .  

Now I never have a problem !!!!!

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, james.d said:

Plain selfish behaviour in my opinion. 

I am siding with the homeowners.

They should be charged for wilful damage and threats of assault

They are a danger to others. Personally l would have gave her a headbutt

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Normally when they do that they leave the handbrake off so people can move it. That didn't happen this time.

there is still no excuse to double park on the road especially across a driveway when there is parking provided.

I see it at the local Big C where they will park across the front of cars in the car park and making it difficult for others to get in or out of their parking spot when in the next alley there is about 20 empty car parking spaces.

They are too bloody lazy to walk that extra few steps.

I have pushed one car into another car and I don't care about what damage is done to any of them that park like that. The car park is not full, there are plenty os parking spaces there but it is just plain bloody lazy

Edited by Russell17au
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, z42 said:

So according to this the reports of illegal parking being the cause of not getting their dying relative to hospital on time are BS, and aside from inconvenience i fail to see how they are claiming the moral high ground after smashing that motor up.

The pickup owner should get a standard ticket, and these morons a VERY hefty fine for criminal damage

You reckon? Me, I think it's a pity they don't have a tank-driving son in the RTA. A couple of crushed vehicles, some laminated photos of same attached to the gatepost of their house would surely sort the problem out.

Just now, JCauto said:

Are you aware of the concept of "irony"? I'm guessing "no".

Being aware of the concept of "irony" you are definitely right he does not.

What type of "man" would headbutt any woman, let alone an elderly woman?

3 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

l would never touch anybody's property period. Those that arm themselves with weapons and set out on a rampage and make threats if violence armed. I don't classify these old nags as woman. 

I not need to worry about this. I will protect myself and property at all costs. 

You can video your loved merchandise being demolished lol

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

there is still no excuse to double park on the road especially across a driveway when there is parking provided.

I see it at the local Big C where they will park across the front of cars in the car park and making it difficult for others to get in or out of their parking spot when in the next alley there is about 20 empty car parking spaces.

They are too bloody lazy to walk that extra few steps.

I have pushed one car into another car and I don't care about what damage is done to any of them that park like that. The car park is not full, there are plenty os parking spaces there but it is just plain bloody lazy

They should contact the police. Not play mafia heavies

5 minutes ago, Media1 said:

l would never touch anybody's property period. Those that arm themselves with weapons and set out on a rampage and make threats if violence armed. I don't classify these old nags as woman. 

I not need to worry about this. I will protect myself and property at all costs. 

You can video your loved merchandise being demolished lol

be careful about classifying people because you might get re classified as a woman basher by your own words and any "man" that would bash a woman is the lowest form of life in my opinion.

15 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

woman don't behave like gangsters armed threatening violence. if was my daughter l send her back lol

1 minute ago, Media1 said:

bullshit that day they took the role of enforcer. There lucky the Thai was soft. They could have been in hospital via there own weapons 

Anyway I don't care for these retards 

Sorry, that didn't answer the question at all. What would you do if you went to the police and after 10 years nothing whatsoever had changed? You have an answer right?

I didn't bother to read all nine pages, so this may have already been suggested.

Make it profitable to tow illegally parked vehicles.  When a towing company finds, or is notified about, an illegally parted vehicle, it first photographs and documents the situation, then it can tow the vehicle to its impound lot and hold it until towing and storage costs and a painfully large fine is paid.

Of course people accustomed to parking illegally will be outraged, but they will stop parking illegally.

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

I didn't bother to read all nine pages, so this may have already been suggested.

Make it profitable to tow illegally parked vehicles.  When a towing company finds, or is notified about, an illegally parted vehicle, it first photographs and documents the situation, then it can tow the vehicle to its impound lot and hold it until towing and storage costs and a painfully large fine is paid.

Of course people accustomed to parking illegally will be outraged, but they will stop parking illegally.

LMAO job done

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

What about the aunties parking in the road across their own drive?!

This would delay and inconvenience that driver for sure but the next one?????

Yes I agree. However, it would certainly send the right message.

15 minutes ago, Jonah777 said:

We need to have some compassion for the old auntes.  I'm disabled, walk with a cane, and super high blood pressure. Thus I'm HANDICAPPED!   Been handicapped most of my adult life.  Got licked out of a "Handicapped" parking space by security at a Home-Pro a while back. They barricad their "Handicapped Parking Zones" and store shopping carts so any handicapped person has to 1st move their barricades and shopping carts  ....then security kicks a handicapped person out. 

TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT!   I refuse to shop at Home-Pro due to their disrespect.

I've complained to management at Home-Pro  ...and I get SMILES and apologizes but nothing changes.  Disabled Thais have complained by they refuse to correct the matter.

WHY BOTHER HAVING HANDICAPPED PARKING  ....IF THEY'RE GOING TO BARRICADE IT, STORE SHOPPING CARTS THERE AND VERY RUDELY KICK OUT A HANDICAPPED PERSON FROM PARKING THERE???????

Fine  ....I take my business to Global House.

Thainess

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattd said:

5555 I have heard some rubbish but..........

I rather think that the folks that are blocking have a tiny bit more intelligence than mosquitoes, if only they would start using it and think first.

No matter how you paint it, the ones that are parking there are being damn right lazy and selfish and I still do not understand why anybody would think differently, or why this issue should cost the house owners money by employing somebody, it should NOT be necessary.

I can bet my last dollar that the ones that offend would be the first to complain if it happened in reverse.

Imagine if you lived in a condo and somebody kept blocking your front door with a bloody great big box everyday!

And, yet, the house owners are out there smashing a pickup truck and are all over the news.

Let me know when you have cured the moron problem. I will sing your praises.

Just now, Russell17au said:

The driver has been fined 500baht for obstructing traffic and she is claiming 50,000baht compensation for the damage to her vehicle but the elderly women will not pay it as they claim it is the responsibility of Bangkok Metropolitan Administration for failing to enforce land use laws, and it has been stated by the Prawit district officer that the four markets are operating illegally

The old aunties have opened up a "Pandora's Box"  .....you go girls!!!

• Like 1

Another comment. Have you commenters ever gone to the police and see, if they hand out tickets at all!

How many tow trucks do younsee in any part of Thailand. Try not forget this is Thailand you are talking about, not your countries where things are very different.  Try call a tow truck your selves, and see if they would tow an illegally parked vehicle, not very likely.

Geezer

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Another comment. Have you commenters ever gone to the police and see, if they hand out tickets at all!

How many tow trucks do younsee in any part of Thailand. Try not forget this is Thailand you are talking about, not your countries where things are very different.  Try call a tow truck your selves, and see if they would tow an illegally parked vehicle, not very likely.

Geezer

I see the police on a daily basis wheel clamping illegally parked cars and bikes around the market area in Khon Kaen

9 hours ago, z42 said:

So according to this the reports of illegal parking being the cause of not getting their dying relative to hospital on time are BS, and aside from inconvenience i fail to see how they are claiming the moral high ground after smashing that motor up.

The pickup owner should get a standard ticket, and these morons a VERY hefty fine for criminal damage

Your dead wrong The owner should not just get a standard ticket They should be towed at the owners' expense and impounded if they do not pay that is what needs to be done Do this a few times and post a sign saying "If you park here you will be towed" is a deterrent

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, timendres said:

And, yet, the house owners are out there smashing a pickup truck and are all over the news.

Let me know when you have cured the moron problem. I will sing your praises.

I do not condone their actions regarding the attacking of a pick up, however, it has certainly put it in to the news, so in their case, it may well go some way to resolving that issue and achieve their goal.

Unfortunately as a whole there is little any of us can do about the wider issue of bad parking here, that is not going to change overnight, if at all, but that shouldn't mean that we all just accept it as such, each and every time we do would mean that it really will never change.

Edited by Mattd

Numerous properties in the USA are posted with signs stating "Private Parking. Unauthorized parked cars will be towed."

And listing the name and phone number of the tow company.

Tow truck drivers love zooming over and towing illegally parked cars as they collect outrageous fees when the owners come to claim their cars.

I'm surprised a simple solution like these has never been attempted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JimmyJ said:

Numerous properties in the USA are posted with signs stating "Private Parking. Unauthorized parked cars will be towed."

And listing the name and phone number of the tow company.

Tow truck drivers love zooming over and towing illegally parked cars as they collect outrageous fees when the owners come to claim their cars.

I'm surprised a simple solution like these has never been attempted.

Because Thai tow truck drivers have an aversion to heavily armed and highly connected people who will be annoyed with them if they try to tow their cars and may well have them arrested if they do so?

• Like 1