This unappetizing fried chicken is proof of why we should stop the charcoal food trend

Jonathan Fairfield

This unappetizing fried chicken is proof of why we should stop the charcoal food trend

c1.png

We’ve seen charcoal sandwiches, spaghetti, ice cream, and waffles, but this charcoal fried chicken from a Japanese chain restaurant in Bangkok may be proof that the hipster food trend has gone too far.

A dish reviewed by Food Stylist Channel’s Facebook page is going viral in Thailand this week. It featured questionable and unappetizing charcoal battered chicken wings from Katsu King.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/food-drink/unappetizing-fried-chicken-proof-stop-charcoal-food-trend/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2018-02-21

33 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Once you go black chicken, ... you go back!

Funnily enough something I still cook is chicken on the oven spit with a coating of butter and smoked paprika. It does go almost black but it's not charcoal.

Used to buy it a lot when I lived in the Fatherland. Next stop after that was the Cafe for 42,000,000 calories of coffee and Black Forest Cherry cake.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, saakura said:

So what is the black stuff that covers the chicken wing which she is eating, is it really charcoal powder or burnt skin or ??

It's charcoal. I've had charcoal ice cream. It tastes delicious. There are charcoal black burger buns. Not burnt at all. It's mostly about color. Seriously, it's strictly food fashion. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

I love squid ink pasta. Best paella I ever had was black from squid ink.

Cajun blackened fish is nice but that's not nearly as black as that cosmetically colored chicken. 

Of course actually charred foods are classically desirable within limits such as parts of pizza crusts.

Edited by Jingthing

3 hours ago, The manic said:

Looks good to me. I will try it then decide.  Many people on thi forum tends to think pizza is food and burgers and fries are real food. They wouldn't know the difference between boidin blanc and blacks pudding.  Culinary illiteracy. 

or culinary snobbery?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, overherebc said:

Eat your heart out mate. Hopefully moving back there in just over a year.

Look at the photo and you have full permission to call me a ba--stard

unnamed (1).jpg

That is heaven on a plate.

Had a girl friend years ago from Amalfi some of the best Pizzas I've ever are were  from her uncles restaurant. 

14 hours ago, The manic said:

Looks good to me. I will try it then decide.  Many people on thi forum tends to think pizza is food and burgers and fries are real food. They wouldn't know the difference between boidin blanc and blacks pudding.  Culinary illiteracy. 

Makes me want to eat grubs and bugs sold on the street than that thing!