webfact

14 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Well, one thing for certain it couldn't possibly be driver error.  :unsure:

You're correct, how could it have been the driver's error when;

18 motorcycles, 2 cars and a bicycle pulled in front of the 'Tour Bus'

LeoTex 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Yea sure you can disconnect batt's with the engine running though not advisable but I'm sure you've seen modern trucks now won't start or stop without a key in the ignition .. But sure older 70/80's trucks & buses with a msnual lever or cable engine stop could bumpstart without a key ( no steering locks in those days ) providing it has enough air in the tanks to release the parking brake .. 

Proper roadtrains those Russell es'pesh that lower monster .. And man I'll bet you need a tiptop braking system to hold one of those in check .. 

yes, you do need a top braking system when you gross 200 tonne and when you do not have a speed limiter on them. Outback roads like the Canning Stock Route is open speed limit for all livestock road trains and with a 600hp Cat engine and an 18 speed roadranger gears with 44lb bogie drive diffs you have a top speed on the dirt road of 130kph fully loaded. With the Kenworths you can still bump start them without the electrics if you are stupid enough to leave them in gear, also the majority of those trucks have air operated clutches and if you park with the vehicle in gear and you lose your air pressure you cannot start your truck because you cannot turn the motor over with the key and you cannot take the vehicle out of gear until you build up your air pressure.

6 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

You're correct, how could it have been the driver's error when;

18 motorcycles, 2 cars and a bicycle pulled in front of the 'Tour Bus'

LeoTex 

It was driver error> The bus knew where it was supposed to go and the driver stopped too early so after the driver got off the bus the bus went to where it was supposed to go and let the driver run to the right place. It is quite simple. (the bus driver that is)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

yes, you do need a top braking system when you gross 200 tonne and when you do not have a speed limiter on them. Outback roads like the Canning Stock Route is open speed limit for all livestock road trains and with a 600hp Cat engine and an 18 speed roadranger gears with 44lb bogie drive diffs you have a top speed on the dirt road of 130kph fully loaded. With the Kenworths you can still bump start them without the electrics if you are stupid enough to leave them in gear, also the majority of those trucks have air operated clutches and if you park with the vehicle in gear and you lose your air pressure you cannot start your truck because you cannot turn the motor over with the key and you cannot take the vehicle out of gear until you build up your air pressure.

Yea know what you're saying about air assisted clutches with low air presh ' making it a nigh on impossible to get out of gear .. Electronically operated transmission's via a selector panel or stalk with dashboard gear indication are another driver " aid " now that prevent bumpstarting anymore .. 

A mate who rode a bike through a lot of Oz' said those road trains are a nightmare to get past on dusty roads ..es'pesh the really long 4 trailer jobs .. 

14 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Jesus I've just read you get up to 130 kph in one of those .. What's the loaded stopping distance at that speed .. 

14 hours ago, Mr Joe Bangles said:

Glad you captured the moment - scary for anyone having a quiet coffee, and fortunate no one was parking up to join you. These buses have reached epidemic levels here - but it will be money that wins the day !!!

It must be that campaign to attract families that's causing all this turmoil. It must be stopped now! Sexpats don't charter tour buses. That means sexpats are good for the environment! :)

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Well it's good to know that your spelling is ok even if every other thing about your "caption" is inaccurate and wrong.  And I do mean every single thing that you said.

Is that so. I possibly underestimated the number of buses in town daily (“hundred and hundreds”), “poorly maintained and polluting” may have been an understatement, and describing the drivers as “morons”.... well, apologies, I was just trying to be polite.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mr Joe Bangles said:

Glad you captured the moment - scary for anyone having a quiet coffee, and fortunate no one was parking up to join you. These buses have reached epidemic levels here - but it will be money that wins the day !!!

The cafe had closed at 8, and the owners were actually just about to head out on one of the bikes for a quiet evening meal when this happened.

Yes Pattaya is a complete disaster zone these days between pollution and lack of garbage collection...

19 hours ago, Orac said:

Heard from someone there that it is the driver you see running after it - dropping at hotel up the road and claims he had chocked wheels.

Buses aren't 18-wheelers like big trucks.  Why did it take that many motorcycles?  Thailand needs bigger motorbikes.

It appears the motorcycles were occupying his parking spot so he bulldozed them out of the way!

Perhaps it was one of those driverless vehicles that are slated to make roads safer - a short circuit in the operating system???????

Edited by Prairieboy

21 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Wow! He did a good job of collecting everything, all while being on completely the wrong side of the road. Cant wait to hear the excuse.

Perhaps the anti-illegal parking initiative I was reading of recently.

18 hours ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

Isn't it time for everyone in Pattaya, locals and expats (not to mention the tourists) to go back to the old version of transport? I refer to the elephant, horse and maybe even buffalo.... it would be safer (providing the animals were fed on time) and surely it'd be much healthier and quieter..... :laugh:

The animals were fed on thyme? I thought it was mainly grass.

15 hours ago, Miss Pickle said:

These buses are a nightmare trying to get up a tiny Soi.I was on a baht bus today on Beach Road a Huge bus  pulled right up beside the baht bus I was on so close the Mirror rattled along it. They need to find a huge car park on the outside of Pattaya and use baht buses to bring the tourists in it is getting absolutely crazy and very Dangerous. Come on Town Hall get it sorted . It would stop your roads getting wrecked and some of the pollution reduced.Its spoiling this City big Time.

Oh yeah.  Build a huge car park outside town and then connect to the inner city by travelators and moveable walkways.  The next great infrastructure project and soooooo futuristic!

8 hours ago, wedders said:

Is that so. I possibly underestimated the number of buses in town daily (“hundred and hundreds”), “poorly maintained and polluting” may have been an understatement, and describing the drivers as “morons”.... well, apologies, I was just trying to be polite.

Yes, it is so.

18 hours ago, Crustyhk said:

This is reported so poorly.

Clearly the driver is the guy running after the bus. Why would a bystander feel such urgency to chase a 10 ton bus. Couldn't give a crap about the drivers excuses. Climb into the bus pull on the handbrake and if it doesn't work ground the bus and fine the operators 5 million baht. 

Bet the handbrake doesn't fail after that

Surely if that is the driver running after the bus he would know the door is on the other side???

A private unidentified source of consistent reliability tells me that what happened is he chocked the wheels with a brand new set of high quality wheel chocks provided by the bus company - and someone stole them.

:shock1:

What about the brakes....aren't they air brakes ? IE they need air pressure to release the brake pads, brake lever to "on position"
no air to brakes brakes stay locked on.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, johng said:

What about the brakes....aren't they air brakes ? IE they need air pressure to release the brake pads, brake lever to "on position"
no air to brakes brakes stay locked on.

Not in Thailand,  they have special ones. 

Thailand is special in many ways.

Bullshitting is high on the list,  when it comes to vehicle accidents.

• Haha 2