Demolished! Encroaching building torn down at Pattaya tourist site

webfact

Demolished! Encroaching building torn down at Pattaya tourist site

41pm.jpg

Picture INN

Chonburi authorities have been successful in demanding that a popular Pattaya tourist site pull down a building encroaching on public land.

Access around the coastal area of the "Ban Sakhawadee" will also be restored to the public.

A dispute had arisen regarding tour buses using the area and this is now being settled.

The facility - like a large palace with shops and restaurants - is owned by agriculturemogul Panya Chotitawan of the Saha Farm group.

42pm.jpg

Picture INN

Pictures on INN showed Chonburi building officials surveying the demolition of the offending structure and examining the coastal strip of road that has been under dispute.

Source: INN

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-23
  • Haha 1

In Thailand these "BIG HEADS" are always pampered: so why should they be concerned and yes Thailand have different laws: the ones for the poorer population and the ones for the rich population or working for police, government and other groups...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The above comments suggest the owner got away with his illegal construction. Perhaps everyone needs to look at the photo. The owner WAS treated the same as everyone else. Why is that so hard to understand? The building is demolished. Look.

True. But you see the mighty TVF Pointing Finger Of Justice can't rest until the 101 businesses are demolished too. The righteous will ever bring it up, even if by implication, when there's mention of an illegal construction being demolished. This, even though the 101 businesses bring in a helluva lot of revenue--they should just be granted formal leases and formally taxed.

The Finger keeps a list of targets used for pointing after other law enforcement as well, such as the arrest of a driver. The point is to diminish the significance of any good deed lest it be recognized as a good deed and maintain the nothing good narrative, which is so important.

invasion-of-the-body-snatchers-78.jpg.798cb40e95eff040d59a8bea81f23ec0.jpg

I'm still seeing those 101 businesses

• Like 1

3 hours ago, manhood said:

In Thailand these "BIG HEADS" are always pampered: so why should they be concerned and yes Thailand have different laws: the ones for the poorer population and the ones for the rich population or working for police, government and other groups...

How was agriculturemogul Panya Chotitawan of the Saha Farm group pampered?

13 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The above comments suggest the owner got away with his illegal construction. Perhaps everyone needs to look at the photo. The owner WAS treated the same as everyone else. Why is that so hard to understand? The building is demolished. Look.

Yes, after being there for decades.

Used to be free to visit this place and look around, then tourism got to it, There is a large Wat a little further down the road that seems to own a lot of beachfront land. Also the mention of the 101 businesses, that are still there by the way and may even be 102 businesses now, that bring in 'so much revenue'. Surely that simply means high rents to the 'owners' and a few payments to local officialdom from many naughty bar owners? Just seems harsh that someone living poorly in a shack over a klong gets evicted and these illegal owners still visit their properties in Mercedes cars.

I rode my bike past there yesterday. It has always been accessible but now the main gate is open and not just a tiny gate to squeeze through. When I first rode past there a year ago I was not sure if I was allowed but the security guard waved me through. It is worth going by seeing the "beautiful" colourful architecture and not bothering to pay the admission price. I see the picture in the article but they are now demolishing a different section. It is strange because I can't see why anyone would want to go into the area they have demolished. No obvious point to the whole demolition thing as far as I can see. Would be better if they checked up on the condos nearer to Naklua who I am sure are encroaching on the beach as then could travel all the way from Naklua Market to near the Bangkok Motorway by beach.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Also the mention of the 101 businesses, that are still there by the way and may even be 102 businesses now, that bring in 'so much revenue'. Surely that simply means high rents to the 'owners' and a few payments to local officialdom from many naughty bar owners?

No. It also means meeting market demand. These businesses find plenty of customers enjoying their goods & services. And the market determines the rents, which would be high in any case in that location.

Just seems harsh that someone living poorly in a shack over a klong gets evicted and these illegal owners still visit their properties in Mercedes cars.

Not really, but enjoy the usual pretension to moral authority.

45 minutes ago, Chrisdoc said:

Would be better if they checked up on the condos nearer to Naklua who I am sure are encroaching on the beach as then could travel all the way from Naklua Market to near the Bangkok Motorway by beach.

You don't have any evidence of encroachment. Few care to travel "all the way" but do care about sitting on the chairs etc. BTW, try traveling "all the way" somewhere on any pavement in Pattaya. :biggrin:

29 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Justice Thai style - 'Innocent till proven poor.'

How so, and how is this only Thai style? Seems I constantly read such assertions in the liberal USA press.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Sad 1

How so, and how is this only Thai style? Seems I constantly read such assertions in the liberal USA press.

I was talking about the Sukawadee side of Naklua. Alot of people exercise at night on the section near Cholcan Resort. Now they could in theory go along past Sukawadee if they watch for the buses. It would be nice to be able to go all the way to the gardens at Naklua. I did not mention any evidence just think it is sad when people can't get to the beach.

I was talking about the Sukawadee side of Naklua. Alot of people exercise at night on the section near Cholcan Resort. Now they could in theory go along past Sukawadee if they watch for the buses. It would be nice to be able to go all the way to the gardens at Naklua. I did not mention any evidence just think it is sad when people can't get to the beach.

I was commenting on JSixpack's reply to my earlier post but picked up the wrong quote.

On 23/02/2018 at 2:59 PM, manhood said:

Not like the USA or the UK or Europe or China or India or South America or Aftica. Grow up. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/24/2018 at 12:27 PM, Chrisdoc said:

The forum has much more critical pathway concerns.

sbpath.jpg.be49fdc04aaaaa5bc8eadf46966a4ccd.jpg

• 1 month later...