Premchai faces illegal possession of firearms charge

snoop1130

Premchai faces illegal possession of firearms charge

premchai-gun.jpg

Police will today (Feb 23) file additional charges of illegal possession of firearms against Italian Thai Development Plc president Premchai Karnasuta after the Department of Provincial Administration (DPA) confirmed that six of 43 firearms seized from Mr Premchai’s house were illegal.

Royal Thai Police deputy commissioner Pol Gen Srivara Ransibrahmanakul, who chaired the meeting of police investigators in charge of the Thung Yai Naresuan wildlife sanctuary hunting case, instructed Kanchanaburi police to press the charge of illegal possession of firearms against Mr Premchai within today.

The six illegal firearms are a semi-automatic cabine; a homemade air gun; a double-barrel rifle (Gardone VT); a double-barrel rifle (Bernardelli); a Remington rifle; and a musket.

According to the DPA’s firearm licensing office, the six guns were either unregistered; having unlawful licences; or are not allowed to be in possession.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/premchai-faces-illegal-possession-firearms-charge/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-2-23
  • Like 1

They can file as many charges as they like but will make bugger all difference if he is sitting back enjoying an o/s sabbatical - not unlike a few ex politicians and other connected couldn't give a rat's-arse well to do business a/holes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

Show me a single person anywhere in the civilised world, who can have so many charges against them, including multiple firearm offences and still remain at liberty, and tell me in the same breath, there is justice in Thailand.

Ok, there is justice in Thailand, especially if you don't rate as one the privileged.  

2 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

What odds he will vanish before 5th March or will suddenly become very ill...far too sick to attend at Police Stations or Courts ?

The last I heard about him, he was on an 'inspection trip' in Burma, didn't see anything about him since that, is he back, on Thai soil, or not...? Not the Nation nor the other paper seem to be in a hurry to investigate and let us know....

Edited by bangrak
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Kanchanaburi police to press the charge of illegal possession of firearms against Mr Premchai.

This is complete nonsense, These weapons were not his. Like watches, they belonged to friends who just left them at his house for safe keeping.

• Like 1

So all the charges brought against this creep have been narrowed down to; illegal possession of firearms. What does that entail, a 500 baht fine and a warning not to be a naughty boy and don`t do this again?

These people are what I describe as the untouchables, those in Thailand who are above the laws. The system is a joke.

4 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Looks that the CEO of that company really pissed off somebody on the top and made some people really jealous !

Maybe has to do with contract prices and a better deal? They have the nuts in a vice and are applying pressure, so how much can he take.

Edited by Chris Lawrence

7 hours ago, Cadbury said:

This is complete nonsense, These weapons were not his. Like watches, they belonged to friends who just left them at his house for safe keeping.

And  don't  forget they accidentally  shot themselves dead with them after he  borrowed  them.

My brother-in-law got caught in Buengkan cycling around in the rice fields with a shotgun which was registered in his father's name. The BiB booked him in and charged him for not having a license.

The bail was set at THB 200'000 (which nobody anywhere close to him had) but the police offered him to "rent out" a land title deed against a non-refundable fee of THB 30'000. 

I heard of the incident at 1.30am at night, drove around Pattaya to transfer 4 x THB 50'000 to my father-in-laws account who, a timid man of almost 80 years of age, walked into the police station next morning putting the bail onto the desk. The court handed down a sentence of THB 1'200 and one-month-jail on probation; the bail was collected the same day in cash upon my father-in-law's thread to get support from the same source the money came from.

Ever since everybody is extremely nice to my wife's family and my brother-in-law ensured having a license ever since. 

Wondering what Premchai's bail would look like, comparing income and status?

Last not least, Premchai's problem is not the weapons alone but mainly what he did with the weapons. He'll walk, shall we taking bets?