Bank International SMS of TAC security code

I am having a lot of problems receiving the SMS of a TAC security code to my Thai mobile number from my bank in Cambodia. The TAC is generated by their server. There is no paper alternative in order to effect the instructions. My mobile carrier is AIS. My bank manager and I have successfully  exchanged SMS from her mobile to mine. I have twice logged into my account and had their system send TAC codes and taken screenshots showing the exact times they transmitted. On those two occasions, I contacted AIS and they put in a system check request for the SMS (a three hour process) and assure me no SMS from Cambodia reached their server so it could not possibly reach my phone. We also tried implementing a different AIS mobile number for the TAC to be transmitted but with the same result. 

Has anyone ever been challenged this way? Does anyone know of a workaround? 

Have you confirmed that your Cambodian bank is able to send the security code to a foreign number?

I suspect that the most likely explanation to your problem is that the system requires a Cambodian telephone number in order to work (similar to how Thai banks operate), and the only way for you to get it to work is to get a Cambodian number and use international roaming when wanting to do a transfer.

Sophon

1 hour ago, Sophon said:

Have you confirmed that your Cambodian bank is able to send the security code to a foreign number?

I suspect that the most likely explanation to your problem is that the system requires a Cambodian telephone number in order to work (similar to how Thai banks operate), and the only way for you to get it to work is to get a Cambodian number and use international roaming when wanting to do a transfer.

Sophon

Thank you for your reply Sophon. 

This has been going on for a week now so I only posted a snapshot of the story. I asked this very question and was assured that they had just recently had a TAC sent to Malaysia. So I guess that means they can. 

I have had TACs from my bank in Singapore in the past week, so I do not expect it can be a problem on my side. 

13 hours ago, Sophon said:

Sophon

^^^^OP, what Sorphon said. 

Or possibly the security code does not transmit outside of Cambodia....even roaming would not work....must be on a Cambodian cell network. 

I had a similar problem with one of my U.S. banks to where their security code would not leave the U.S. cell networks to my U.S. cell number.  You could be roaming here in Thailand with your mobile phone....get/make phone calls....get/send texts....but you could not receive a "security code text from this particular bank" as a security code can have special underlying coding that only allows it to go over certain networks such as U.S. cell networks only.   This particular bank was serious about ensuring you were "in the U.S." somewhere in order to get the security code.  

Yeap, the bank sending the security code just may special conditions as to which numbers/networks/countries the code can be sent to....the code does indeed get generated by the bank but it hits a roadblock along the way....and the typical bank customer service rep may not know this.  The bank rep can confirm the security code was indeed generated, but they don't know about the possible roadblocks which only their tech support would hopefully know about.