Advice on visiting Pattaya requested

DevilsAdvocate

We have booked a flight to Thailand in April, also booked a hotel in Pattaya, but now about to cancel that one due to too many negative reviews we saw after booking.

Any recommendations for any decent hotels, not too expensive (1200-1500 bht per night), somewhere near a decent beach, and ability to get transport to visit other places.

Also recommendations for transport from BKK airport to a hotel in Pattaya.

In fact any recommendations at all.  I have never visited Thailand.

Thanks.

On 2/24/2018 at 6:20 PM, johng said:

Somewhere near the Naval Base in Sattahip then ??

I am not sure if that is a joke or real.  My first reaction was: "a beach at a naval base!"  Me then thinking of Chatham Docks!!

But then after a little searching. it appears to be a good beach?

• Like 1

I am not sure if that is a joke or real.  My first reaction was: "a beach at a naval base!"  Me then thinking of Chatham Docks!!

But then after a little searching. it appears to be a good beach?

Many true things are said in jest.

Yes its probably the best beach near to Pattaya.....for a better than Pattaya beach go to the southern end of Jomtien beach, still nowhere near brilliant but better..er.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:01 AM, DevilsAdvocate said:

We have booked a flight to Thailand in April, also booked a hotel in Pattaya, but now about to cancel that one due to too many negative reviews we saw after booking.

Any recommendations for any decent hotels, not too expensive (1200-1500 bht per night), somewhere near a decent beach, and ability to get transport to visit other places.

Also recommendations for transport from BKK airport to a hotel in Pattaya.

In fact any recommendations at all.  I have never visited Thailand.

You will help yourself by giving more information.

What sort of interests do you have? different parts of Pattaya are good for different interests. Do you want to do tours outside Pattaya?

How many of you are there? Children? Plenty of family resorts in Pattaya.

How long are you staying?

When are you staying? Very important because the Thai new year is in April. 

There are no "decent" beaches in Pattaya, but the best of them would be the south end of Jomptien beach where less people go

If you want a really "decent" beach you need to go to the islands or the coast south of Chumphon. That is a whole thread on it's own.

Depends on how many as for transport to Pattaya. If 3 or 4 taxi is best, but for 1 or 2 the bus from downstairs is fine. Taxis have a big gas tank in the boot so would be a problem if 4 large bags.

I have never visited Thailand.

I'd love to help you on that, but it would take all day. If you had any specific questions I'm sure we can help.

Meanwhile, there are hours of reading on the internet to do if you just google.

On 2/26/2018 at 4:44 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

You will help yourself by giving more information.

What sort of interests do you have? different parts of Pattaya are good for different interests. Do you want to do tours outside Pattaya?

How many of you are there? Children? Plenty of family resorts in Pattaya.

How long are you staying?

When are you staying? Very important because the Thai new year is in April. 

There are no "decent" beaches in Pattaya, but the best of them would be the south end of Jomptien beach where less people go

If you want a really "decent" beach you need to go to the islands or the coast south of Chumphon. That is a whole thread on it's own.

Depends on how many as for transport to Pattaya. If 3 or 4 taxi is best, but for 1 or 2 the bus from downstairs is fine. Taxis have a big gas tank in the boot so would be a problem if 4 large bags.

I have never visited Thailand.

I'd love to help you on that, but it would take all day. If you had any specific questions I'm sure we can help.

Meanwhile, there are hours of reading on the internet to do if you just google.

That's a great reply, thanks.

We are just a quiet couple, wanting to see what Thailand is like, and have a wedding anniversary there at the same time, for an 11 day trip. Beginning 23rd April, just after "hell on earth" as Henryford said above...  I breathed a sigh of relief at that timing.

I used Noxuming's idea and looked up Airbnb, and got some great help from one of the owners.  I think I found somewhere that seems nice and quite but not too far from everything.  They also arrange a pickup at BKK airport. 

Pattaya Park Tower.  Fingers crossed :)

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:16 PM, DevilsAdvocate said:

That's a great reply, thanks.

We are just a quiet couple, wanting to see what Thailand is like, and have a wedding anniversary there at the same time, for an 11 day trip. Beginning 23rd April, just after "hell on earth" as Henryford said above...  I breathed a sigh of relief at that timing.

I used Noxuming's idea and looked up Airbnb, and got some great help from one of the owners.  I think I found somewhere that seems nice and quite but not too far from everything.  They also arrange a pickup at BKK airport. 

Pattaya Park Tower.  Fingers crossed :)

Should be OK as finishes on 19th, but there could be some numnut that doesn't get the message. Just look before getting out of the taxi.

I presume they charge for the airport pickup. Check the price as they could be a lot more than a normal taxi.

Pattaya Park Tower has a cable thing from the top that is fun to go down and close to the beach.

Just be advised that it's a long walk from there to anywhere, and the baht bus route is on the main road, so you'll either have a long walk to the road and it's going to be very hot, or have to pay the "taxis" that will be parked by the hotel.

Ask the place if they provide a service to take you to the town from the hotel. Some out of the way places provide a free tuk tuk service.

I advise you NOT to rent a m'bike as your holiday may not turn out as happily as you hoped. However, up to you.

Edited by thaibeachlovers