Picking up a new UK Passport

I received a notification from VSL that my new passport was ready for collection and there was an attachment which said they needed the exact time and date of collection.

So I emailed them and I got the automatic email reply page which tells you that this page is for making an appointment to drop off your renewal paperwork only.

Has anybody picked up their passport in the last few days and did they have to give the exact time and date.

Also was their email reply the same as mine (automatic) or did they receive a proper reply.

I don't want to go to VSL on Tuesday to find that I cant pick up my passport for any reason.

Looking forward to your replies.

Maybe things have changed, but you don't usually have to make an appointment to collect a passport. 

Re: Your application for a British passport

I write to inform you that the Passport in the name of xxxxxxx xxxxxxx is now ready for collection from HMPO Bangkok Centre at Trendy Building, 28th Floor, Sukhumvit Soi13, Klongtoey-Nua, Bangkok 10110

An appointment is not required for passport collection

Our office is open from Mon-Fri on all working days between 09.00 and 15.00 hours.

Didn't say a date and time when I picked mine up 6 weeks ago, 

I think everyone gets the automatic reply to emails,  they will then email you back with the answers to any questions you may have asked, it's normally the same day but with it being a weekend it will probably be Monday

7 minutes ago, roger101 said:

That's what is confusing, my attachment definitely states Time and Date. And their automatic reply doesn't help.

I haven't heard that things have changed, so I think you're ok to collect without an appointment.

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

When I picked my PP up. You had to show a copy of your appointment , downloaded .

Book an appointment for any reason given

That's not my experience, twice. You just need to turn up with the receipt you're given when applying for the passport, and a copy of the email ("letter").

Please bring:

a.         your copy of the receipt of documents submitted,

b.         a printed copy of this letter and show it at the reception desk on the ground floor of Trendy Building, to be allowed entry into the Centre.

1 minute ago, elviajero said:

That's not my experience, twice. You just need to turn up with the receipt you're given when applying for the passport, and a copy of the email ("letter").

Yes, you are correct .

I now recall that I had to make a new appointment for something else