Thai Police reform panel to set up police strategy and development office

webfact

Police reform panel to set up police strategy and development office

PNPOL610225001002501.jpg

BANGKOK, 26 February 2018 (NNT) – The National Committee on Police Reform has agreed to set up the police strategy and development office to oversee the restructuring of the Royal Thai Police. 

The committee’s Public Relation Sub-Committee chairman Manit Suksomjit said the committee meeting has approved the establishment of the police strategy and development office under the umbrella of the Royal Thai Police. 

The new office, having a status a command center, will act as a strategic administration unit providing supervision and guidelines, as well as drafting regulations and standards related to the development and the restructuring of the Royal Thai Police. It will take responsibility in creating manuals and service manifests to be delivered at police stations. The timeframe related to each work category will be publicly disclosed. 

The manuals include a user manual for the general public, and operation manual for officials to abide by. The operation manual will mandate a clear work procedures and sequences on who to contact for each case. 

The establishment of the new office will require the amendment of the Royal Thai Police Act to provide more authorities to related agencies as needed.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-02-26
  • Haha 1

Can I be on the panel and suggest the following for starters, fines for unlicensed vehicles, unroadworthy vehicles, unlicensed drivers and motorcycle riders, fines for no helmets, driving on the wrong side and the wrong way, there's 10 million baht a month in revenue .

That's just the beginning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Lungstib said:

the 3 pillars behind Thailands problems

Nice one, Bruce, but don't you mean the 3 stooges behind Thailand's problems? Pillars does sound a bit over-the-top for anything Thia bureaucracy related.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Teacherduck said:

Can I be on the panel and suggest the following for starters, fines for unlicensed vehicles, unroadworthy vehicles, unlicensed drivers and motorcycle riders, fines for no helmets, driving on the wrong side and the wrong way, there's 10 million baht a month in revenue .

By maintaining the status quo they are probably making a lot more than that!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eligius said:

There is another powerful force that blocks Thailand's advance into freedom, societal maturity, non-corruption, and democracy, apart from the ones mentioned above - but I won't mention it here ....

Two more forces, I think,one being the Buddhist hierarchy and the other.....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Teacherduck said:

Post again when you wake up.

??