Two American women held in Thailand after allegedly caught with fake US dollars

webfact

On 3/7/2018 at 9:34 AM, sanemax said:

That is not true Amy , I did not state that I was in jail here and I didnt state that I had a long Court case , I did not say that , because its not true .

Well I think we can't multi quote anymore here, or I don't know how to do it, but on page 25, you do state that.  You misunderstood a general YOU as speaking to you directly and got mad at me and told me sweetie, I know more than you, I have been in jail here, and had a court case, blah, blah,  ...go look for yourself. I can't even use quotes it come out weird.  You are quite the spectacular liar, I have run into this before with you on threads, where you pretend confusion or flat out lie.  People who lie a lot are often very paranoid people and accuse others of doing the same, did you know that???

On 3/7/2018 at 11:02 AM, sanemax said:

As you did ask , and as it was a Court case in CM , making it relevant to this thread, here goes :

I wasnt in jail , although I did go through the judiciary process .

I had a disagreement with someone and ended up breaking someones door , fair enough, I did it and was prepared to get it fixed .

The next day the Police came knocking on my door , as I was still hungover, I didnt answer the door .

That afternoon , I went out to a bar to watch football , as my team were playing .

Sat in the bar watching the game and the Police arrived , asking me to accompany them to the station for a chat .

I said that I would , when the game had finished and I offered to by them all a drink, so we could all watch football together and then go to the Police station for a chat .

I got handcuffed and bundled into the Police car and got taken to the Police station "If its a bribe you want , tell me how much and I will pay now" , I said to them .

Spent the night in a cell .

Next day got  visit from the Police .

They said that they would charge me with : Criminal damage , trespass , avoiding arrest , resisting arrest , lying to Police officers , attempted bribery of a police officer , abusing a police officer .

And they said that I was looking at three years in jail .

Apart from lying to police , I was guilty of all the other charges .

They took me to one side and made me an offer :

"We will drop all the serious charges , attempted bribery etc , if you pleaded guilty to the minor charges and you will go to Court tomorrow , get a fine and then go home , OR you can plead not guilty to everything and fight the case from jail on remand"

I went to Court the next day , plead guilty to all charges (criminal damage , trespass and abuse of police) and got a 3000 Baht fine and a suspended six month jail sentence and went home that evening.

I did not see this when I posted previous post. What made you fess up? And what makes you think you are expert in the Thai criminal justice system if this is your only experience?  I have experience with a murder case and other much more serious cases, I think I trump you dude!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/8/2018 at 1:31 PM, newatthis said:

NO! NO! NO! You're the one continually doubting the veracity of this story. You're the one who asked for the phone number. But NOW you have no credit on your phone. Go get some and make the call yourself and report back to this forum.

Sanemax was going to meet me for lunch but he had no money for gas for his car!! Oh wait, his moto I should say? 

Sorry to sound like such a bitch Sanemax but you really take the cake here!! I am laughing my ass off now!! I understand, you ran out of money for your pills too right? I can help you with that maybe!!  My last good deed before I leave.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

The Bangkok Post did have a couple of paragraphs about this story last weekend. It appeared to be a rehash of the story coming out of the States; saying the money was found in Thailand; and not much more than that. 

In the general scheme of things, this incident probably falls short of being regarded as serious by a national newspaper. I cannot post a link to the story; as it is against forum rules; but maybe there is something on their online version, if anyone wants to take a look.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, amykat said:

I did not see this when I posted previous post. What made you fess up? And what makes you think you are expert in the Thai criminal justice system if this is your only experience?  I have experience with a murder case and other much more serious cases, I think I trump you dude!!

I did not post it previously , and I only "fessed up" because you made an incorrect assumption about myself and I made a correction .

I have never claimed to be an "expert" in the Thai criminal system and I was giving advice based on my experiences .

I am really not concerned or bothered about "trumping" you , I do not see this thread as a competition against you .

But unless you have had experience with the Chiang Mai judiciary process, then your experience is irrelevant 

1 hour ago, amykat said:

Sanemax was going to meet me for lunch but he had no money for gas for his car!! Oh wait, his moto I should say? 

Sorry to sound like such a bitch Sanemax but you really take the cake here!! I am laughing my ass off now!! I understand, you ran out of money for your pills too right? I can help you with that maybe!!  My last good deed before I leave.

I have no idea what you are talking about .

I did not agree to meet you anywhere and I didnt even say that I wouldnt meet you anywhere , I have never seen you make a request to meet me and I didnt answer if there was a request .  I have no idea what you are talking about either, about running out of gas and/or pills .

You must be getting me mixed up with someone else

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, amykat said:

You misunderstood a general YOU as speaking to you directly and got mad at me and told me sweetie, I know more than you, I have been in jail here, and had a court case, blah, blah,  ...go look for yourself. I can't even use quotes it come out weird.  You are quite the spectacular liar,

You are mistaken , I said that I have been through the judiciary process, I didnt say that I was in jail here, you are wrong about that .

You need to opologise for calling me a liar.

I can accept that you were mistaken , but I will not accept you calling me a "spectacular liar" in your mistaken view. 

Apologise or all dialogue between us is over

4 hours ago, champers said:

The Bangkok Post did have a couple of paragraphs about this story last weekend. It appeared to be a rehash of the story coming out of the States; saying the money was found in Thailand; and not much more than that. 

In the general scheme of things, this incident probably falls short of being regarded as serious by a national newspaper. I cannot post a link to the story; as it is against forum rules; but maybe there is something on their online version, if anyone wants to take a look.

Well, i don't think the BP would rely on fb as a reliable source, so..

Slightly off topic, why some posters would be bothered to post and say they are bored ? Is that normal ?

• Like 1

On 3/3/2018 at 12:57 PM, Waterman1 said:

The Gofundme and Share websites are all smoke and mirrors. While even the Thai Govt. is watching the bank roll in on those sites it's the benefit concert on March 9th money at her bar that will bring in the big bucks. That will all be under the table money. No records. Wink, wink.

My mistake the benefit is tomorrow March 10, 2018. It's funny the locals here think it's an evil Asian Government persecuting innocent American travelers. From the local newspaper here.

" Expenses could easily exceed $50,000 including, but not limited to: • Supporting themselves while out on bail in Thailand; • Flying family members back and forth to Thailand; • Costs for improved conditions while imprisoned (blankets, food, etc.), if convicted; • Costs for the appeals process, if convicted. So, hopefully donations will surpass the goal of $50,000. "

Still receiving money that will not be tracked or reported. Who delivers cash to Thailand? Is it declared on arrival? How much can a traveler legally bring into a foreign country? Who pays taxes on GoFundMe monies? Too many questions. Maybe we can get some answers in Ten to Twenty. Still interested in the made for TV movie of this as reported on post 448.

9 hours ago, Waterman1 said:

My mistake the benefit is tomorrow March 10, 2018. It's funny the locals here think it's an evil Asian Government persecuting innocent American travelers. From the local newspaper here.

" Expenses could easily exceed $50,000 including, but not limited to: • Supporting themselves while out on bail in Thailand; • Flying family members back and forth to Thailand; • Costs for improved conditions while imprisoned (blankets, food, etc.), if convicted; • Costs for the appeals process, if convicted. So, hopefully donations will surpass the goal of $50,000. "

Its a very nice gesture from their families , volunteering to fly half way around the World to visit their daughters in Thailand .

As its such a long journey , I suggest that the Families dont fly back home too soon , they should stay at least two weeks , maybe even a month .

As theres no restriction on the girls travelling within Thailand , I suggest that the whole family goes somewhere like Ko Samui to recover from their ordeal .

As this trail could take years to come to Court , they could hold a weekly fund raiser at the bar in their USA home town , so various family members could regularly fly over and bring  the girls food and blankets , whilst they are on remand

Maybe the boyfreind could move permanently to Thailand , well , until the case goes to Court , to offer his support to the girls ?

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2018 at 9:11 PM, sanemax said:

I have no idea what you are talking about .

I did not agree to meet you anywhere and I didnt even say that I wouldnt meet you anywhere , I have never seen you make a request to meet me and I didnt answer if there was a request .  I have no idea what you are talking about either, about running out of gas and/or pills .

You must be getting me mixed up with someone else

Oh, Sanemax, I asked you to meet me several days ago so we could discuss things that maybe I can't mention or it will get deleted. I guess maybe people started getting upset and flaming like wild or something so it all got deleted later.  Many things I write cause havoc and then get deleted later. So I guess you missed it. It was funny though.

13 minutes ago, amykat said:

Oh, Sanemax, I asked you to meet me several days ago so we could discuss things that maybe I can't mention or it will get deleted. I guess maybe people started getting upset and flaming like wild or something so it all got deleted later.  Many things I write cause havoc and then get deleted later. So I guess you missed it. It was funny though.

I do not believe you did, as I didnt not see it .

There is the possibility that I did not see that post.

Which number post did you make that request ?

Just state the post number, without making excuses as to why you cannot state the post number .

You did seem to be suggesting that I did not show up for an agreed meeting, I neither agreed to that meeting or acknowledged that request , because I did not see that request.

Are you lying about making that request or did you really do that ?

Post the post number and I will go back and look , if you cannot do that , I will just assume that you are lying 

• Sad 1

What the hell, I made a post  ..many people saw it, but you did not. In the meantime it got deleted, so I cannot give you the number of it. I tried to explain what happened that you are missing, it is not a large conspiracy  against you. C'est tout.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

I do not believe you did, as I didnt not see it .

There is the possibility that I did not see that post.

Which number post did you make that request ?

Just state the post number, without making excuses as to why you cannot state the post number .

You did seem to be suggesting that I did not show up for an agreed meeting, I neither agreed to that meeting or acknowledged that request , because I did not see that request.

Are you lying about making that request or did you really do that ?

Post the post number and I will go back and look , if you cannot do that , I will just assume that you are lying 

He had never post that he will meet you sanemax I had not seen it but you it know your self 

Still we not seen or heard any facts only from their friends but that's not facts just more fire to this tread 

And jet again I can't believe this story and no media or real news media confirmed this I had called police but I can't get any information 

This is a scam but they will get good money from this 

7 hours ago, amykat said:

What the hell, I made a post  ..many people saw it, but you did not. In the meantime it got deleted, so I cannot give you the number of it. I tried to explain what happened that you are missing, it is not a large conspiracy  against you. C'est tout.

I saw the post. But let me guess they will just claim I am lying too.

And I guess the Bangkok Post that reported the story (a poster just stated yesterday) isn't legitimate enough for anyone. Yes, oh, yes, you guys are so right...It is just an elaborate scam. Lol.

It's hopeless. 

Edited by Makara
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Makara said:

And I guess the Bangkok Post that reported the story (a poster just stated yesterday) isn't legitimate enough for anyone. Yes, oh, yes, you guys are so right...It is just an elaborate scam. Lol.

It's hopeless. 

Although whether she did post it or not , she cannot "accuse" me of failing to meet her , amycat posted "Sanemax was going to meet me for lunch but he had no money for gas for his car!"

I was never going to "meet her for lunch" , I did not agree to that meeting and I didnt not even see the request , so, I did not say that I had no money to buy gas for my car and I did not agree or even acknowledge the request  , that is a lie by her .

Did you read the bit in the Bangkok post ?

It wasnt very complementary to their cause

4 hours ago, Makara said:
11 hours ago, amykat said:

It's hopeless

You 2 guys do you work together on this scam?? 

All your facts where are they 

Sorry you have still not show 1 little single fact 

And yes as another man said 

Russian sex teacher could show a picture of her in jail 

Why are there nothing to show on this 

Because there are nothing to show scam is the reason 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Although whether she did post it or not , she cannot "accuse" me of failing to meet her , amycat posted "Sanemax was going to meet me for lunch but he had no money for gas for his car!"

I was never going to "meet her for lunch" , I did not agree to that meeting and I did not even see the request , so, I did not say that I had no money to buy gas for my car and I did not agree or even acknowledge the request  , that is a lie by her .

Did you read the bit in the Bangkok post ?

It wasnt very complementary to their cause

Just needed to edit , my edit button wasnt there to do it to the original post .

I did quite kindly make an offer to the two girls in the O.P. to meet up and view their charge sheet , just to confirm its existence , I believe that that post was deleted as its not allowed to ask TV posters for personal information . That meeting was never confirmed by them (if , it was, it also get deleted)

Amykat then stated that I failed to met up with HER , although I never requested a meeting with her , I just offered to meet the O.P. girls .

Amy : Are you one of the girls in the O.P. ?

I offered to meet the girls in the O.P and you are claiming that I was supposed to meet you .

Put 2 & 2 together and you get.......................... 

(BTW , as its against forum rules to ask for personal info from members , all requests have been cancelled and are now void )

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Just needed to edit , my edit button wasnt there to do it to the original post .

I did quite kindly make an offer to the two girls in the O.P. to meet up and view their charge sheet , just to confirm its existence , I believe that that post was deleted as its not allowed to ask TV posters for personal information . That meeting was never confirmed by them (if , it was, it also get deleted)

Amykat then stated that I failed to met up with HER , although I never requested a meeting with her , I just offered to meet the O.P. girls .

Amy : Are you one of the girls in the O.P. ?

I offered to meet the girls in the O.P and you are claiming that I was supposed to meet you .

Put 2 & 2 together and you get.......................... 

(BTW , as its against forum rules to ask for personal info from members , all requests have been cancelled and are now void )

You said you didn't have any credit on your phone, though never got to hear why it couldn't be topped up.

• Like 1

Just now, giddyup said:

You said you didn't have any credit on your phone, though never got to hear why it couldn't be topped up.

That was to make a phone call to the Tourist police .

That is not related to Amykats claims , two different situations