Thai PM now says election to be held no later than Feb 2019

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut also warned that it would also depend on the situation at the time. “I am not making any threats.

Prayut controls the "situation" at any time!

And when the NCPO Chief who wields absolute power "warns," that implies a threat.

But he seems to enjoy underplaying his power to force people's behavior.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Lets hope there is instability around January 2019.  :coffee1:   

Oh there will be Steve, there will be..... or if not, your hero will  play his last remaining picture card.

Edited by PREM-R
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

“Now I will give you a clear answer. The election will take place no later than February 2019,” the prime minister told Government House reporters during a press briefing.

I thought his earlier answers were supposed to be clear? Perhaps it's use of the Roman date that is causing confusion in government circles. Can we then assume a date 'no later than ' February 2562?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

Lets hope there is instability around January 2019.  :coffee1:   

So you actually are happy to see people suffer in preference to having a democratic vote? What level of "instability" would you like to see?

• Like 1

His main problem is that the longer he waits with election the more he will lose his followers and sympathising followers. But on the other hand he needs a supporting party just founded by Suthep. That is his dilemma. The existing parties would not support him 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, wavemanwww said:

I just saw Pinocchio and he looked like Payut with a real long nose!

Maybe we should start calling him Prayocchio. Yes . . . looks good, sounds good, too . . . and definitely righter than 'Payut'!

Edited by Ossy
omisson
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

I'm still working on that one. Another 8 hours, then I'll set Google on it. Good words, though.