Arsenal

MiG16

2 hours ago, champers said:

Really could be Arsenal's year. I can't recall the last time a transfer window was upcoming without Gooners imploring the manager to strengthen the squad. Is it too good to be true?

Wenger will always buy if there is quality available. 

Just our frigging luck, looks like Mustafi is going to miss the whole Xmas period, just when he was proving an excellent buy.

So the question is which one of Holding or Gabriel will step up I wonder?

We'll find out next week in Toffeeland.

2 hours ago, nev said:

Not on Bayern or Barca's level but they will give you a run for your money with your keeper and defence.

Actually they have been a good side in recent years, and this year they are dynamite. They've scored 53 goals in 17 games.

Not to be sniffed at, especially by a team who just let 4 in against Leicester.

Of course, Pep (or his replacement) will be spending like crazy in January.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^More to the point, I don't fancy your chances of progressing past Bayern, do you?

Our record against them is P10  W3 D2 L5 and we have a much better squad this year.

So I'd say we have a reasonable chance, and we play away first.

On 12/11/2016 at 4:07 PM, Chicog said:

And I'm not saying Theo has settled into family life, but he posted on social media that he's celebrating the fact that the missus is buying him a new coffee machine for getting 10 goals before Christmas!

fk2PIfRbT_Eu51JRXoM0a88wrCCbMgA2-Op9bIyv

Seems to have done the trick, but just think how many he might have scored if she promised him a Goblin Teasmaid.

• Like 1

Mustafi brought a calmness and resilience to the defence which permeated the whole team.

That has just evaporated in his absence. Not singling out Gabriel, put it just looked like panic stations all throughout the second half.

3 hours ago, carmine said:

I heard Ozil had a cracker!!!  Didn't even manage a tackle!

Must have done wonders for Sanchez's contract negotiations.  :smile:

And the tiny totts come crowing on the back of a scabby win against a relegation team - and still below us where they belong.

:thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Actually 1st half Sanchez was great and probably enhanced his contract negotiations: love watching him. 2nd half he was let down by those behind him.

Ozil is like kdb and others in that he can't/won't tackle.

It's funny, but the WOBs are all out in force again all of a sudden, "Why didn't he bring on Lucas", etc.

Fat lot of good bringing on an extra striker when you're being overrun in midfield. I don't know why he didn't bring Mo on instead of Oxtail-Chamberpot, he made a huge difference.

Iwobi is turning out to be a bit of an Emile Heskey, a distracting lump but not really very effective.

44 minutes ago, Chicog said:

And the tiny totts come crowing on the back of a scabby win against a relegation team - and still below us where they belong.

:thumbsup:

No pressing, no tackles, no clearances, no interceptions....yeh, give him a pay rise!!!  What exactly did he think was the reason for his selection last night?  Just saying mate.  Thats what i read.

btw, Did you watch our game instead of yours?  

Edited by carmine

Just now, Chicog said:

He takes it too personally.

I can understand a reaction like that if a player lunges in both feet off the ground and almost ends one of his players careers but sometimes he shoots from the hip when he thinks something has gone against him and never see it if something has gone for him.