Arsenal

MiG16

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I don't think it was that bad, well in it for 60 Mins.  

Ozil is frustrating to watch, so many shiiite balls being crossed in that first half.

Yes le arse did ok actually but their defence was piss poor.

As usual. ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes le arse did ok actually but their defence was piss poor.

As usual. ?

All very predictable was that.  Yes, they did ok for a side that was never actually in it!!!

It was the perfect time to play Arsenal and it showed.

Edited by carmine

30 minutes ago, carmine said:

All very predictable was that.  Yes, they did ok for a side that was never actually in it!!!

It was the perfect time to play Arsenal and it showed.

As the co-commentator pointed out last night, Emery needs to light a fire under Arsenal's "stars". Aubie, Lacazette, Ozil and Ramsey were piss poor. At least the little French midfielder put in a shift. Hard to say that about the big money boys.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jellydog said:

As the co-commentator pointed out last night, Emery needs to light a fire under Arsenal's "stars". Aubie, Lacazette, Ozil and Ramsey were piss poor. At least the little French midfielder put in a shift. Hard to say that about the big money boys.

Agree with this.  Ozil in particular is just awful.  The consulate flat track bully.

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

Wenger's dying embers.

Shame they got rid of him.

8 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Wenger's dying embers.

Shame they got rid of him.

Emery has a lot of work to do.  Wenger's hand should have been forced three years earlier than it was.

teams are going to rip through that defense, especially when they suffer a few injuries.

• 2 weeks later...

Been reading a few football sites the last couple of days and quite unbelievably i see that more than the odd Arsenal fan is discussing the possibilities of a replacement for Emery!!!  

Is this a new low in gooner mentality?  Fickle being the understatement!

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

His signings is rubbish innit bloood?

That remains to be seen.  Was is already looking questionable is whether the defense is necessarily suited to the style he's trying to implement.  

I think he's a good manager who is worth sticking with.  But Wenger should have gone earlier and has possibly made Emery's job even harder.  

24 minutes ago, carmine said:

That remains to be seen.  Was is already looking questionable is whether the defense is necessarily suited to the style he's trying to implement.  

I think he's a good manager who is worth sticking with.  But Wenger should have gone earlier and has possibly made Emery's job even harder.  

He's had the toughest possible start but I can see him getting shape in that team by Jan.

No threat at all really this season.

• 1 month later...

Wish I could be more confident of us taking advantage of Man United's miserable efforts tonight. Rather suspect Watford's Deeney at al must be licking their lips at the prospect of getting at our defence. I don't expect them to show The Emirates much respect and nor do we deserve it! I expect they will be all over us first half with a heavy press. Could be a red card game for them?

On the basis of form, it's just a question of how many they put past us before a second half fight back and how successful that is / how tired they are from over-committing.

23 yo Rob Holding makes his first Prem start this season in place of Sokratis who has been a bit disappointing as one of the Summer buys that was supposed to reinforce our recognisably lower half table quality backstoppers. No other changes from the Everton win, so Ozil, Ramsey, Aubamayang and Lacazette up front. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, maximuss99 said:

A nice win.

Nine in sucession????

Wenger.s legacy is sinking into the sunset.

Emery is proving to  be a 

very astute coach.

The Gunner.s appear to be.   on the way back.

Not been heavily tested yet however....but that comes soon.

4 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Not been heavily tested yet however....but that comes soon.

Perhaps very true.

But 

Remain very optimistic.that a C/L place is presently beckoning us.

Please take into consideration .that Man U . and Totts are currently under extreme pressure  to remain in the top Four .due to well documented maliases surrounding both clubs.

Rumoured to be wanting more money than those on the other side of the negotiation think he is worth. There will always be someone out there who'll pay more so I guess he'll go in January to make a bit of money rather than a free in summer. New boy Lucas Torreira is showing himself to be a more consistent mix of box to box/creative midfielder (come to that defensive mid thrown in too! One stunning goal of the season (for club at least) does not change the analysis, but I guess that there's always the chance that Unai can turn his head around enough so that he wants to play, does so effectively and changes the dynamic of the negotiation.  

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Some cracking goals there yesterday. 

What’s happening with Ramsey. Will he end up staying or going ? 

Brilliant flick for goal but wouldn’t say his body language was good afters

Chelsea head the queue for

Ramsey.s signature.

Would be a nice fit for Sarri.s Sexy football style

and no doubt a loss for us.

Money is the key word.

in this possible T/F

do hope Arsenal can come  up . with a increased Salary offer. which would keep him at Emirates.

2 minutes ago, maximuss99 said:

Chelsea head the queue for

Ramsey.s signature.

Would be a nice fit for Sarri.s Sexy football style

and no doubt a loss for us.

Money is the key word.

in this possible T/F

do hope Arsenal can come  up . with a increased Salary offer. which would keep him at Emirates.

Ok. I thought the media were indicating Liverpool as favs sign him. 

I guess it will depend on what the salary structure is and if you’re piss off other players by giving in to him. 

Politics eh. 

1 hour ago, maximuss99 said:

Perhaps very true.

But 

Remain very optimistic.that a C/L place is presently beckoning us.

Please take into consideration .that Man U . and Totts are currently under extreme pressure  to remain in the top Four .due to well documented maliases surrounding both clubs.

Actually at Tottenham we have had our best start pts wise in years.

No malaise on the field as yet barring our rather lengthy injury list.

Just now, SantiSuk said:

Rumoured to be wanting more money than those on the other side of the negotiation think he is worth. There will always be someone out there who'll pay more so I guess he'll go in January to make a bit of money rather than a free in summer. New boy Lucas Torreira is showing himself to be a more consistent mix of box to box/creative midfielder (come to that defensive mid thrown in too! One stunning goal of the season (for club at least) does not change the analysis, but I guess that there's always the chance that Unai can turn his head around enough so that he wants to play, does so effectively and changes the dynamic of the negotiation.  

1 stunning goal?

Guys had a few Injuries but managed to play 250 games for you and whilst he is a bit inconsistent he is a class act. In today's clime he should be looking to maximise his wage for the coming peak years.

Ozil is on 15m a year.

I didn't mean he has only scored one stunning goal in his career and I don't deny he can be a class act on occasions.

I don't have enough info on the salary of what Ramsey is on, what his demands are, what the counter-offer is and what the others are on to start a p***ing match on whether he should be let go or not, so I just fall back on personal opinions which you have every right to counter-challenge.

I don't think he has played well for us this season at all and last season was a bit patchy too. Have you seen him play every game that he has started this season RC? I have and Unai has and Unai has not started him every available PL game. I do not approve of footballers not trying in order to move their negotiations along and the approach Wenger took to same was one of his greatest strengths IMO.

If Unai can get him to stay for a reasonable wage commensurate with his assessment of his future in the team (can Unai honestly promise him a start in every PL game? I don't think so) then I'll be pleased to see him stay.

Naturally there will be other teams that can see him fitting in with their present set-up/filling strategic holes and those with money to burn that can promise the earth (ie you start every game son and we love you) to get a journeyman (OK - journeyman with class, but inconsistent class) midfielder into their pack of cards. I do not think that's a reason for holding him.

It's all a matter of opinion and I was happy to see Wenger let Giroud go last season but that didn't work out for us in the sense that Chelsea have been able to reinvent him. For that reason I would hope that Unai can get him a good offer from overseas rather than feeding a direct competitor yet again, but that talks to the likes of Juve outbidding the likes of Chelsea (to name two random clubs from the rumour mills) or having him hang around like a sullen dog for a free in Summer. I don't favour the latter so if the money is right I say let the other's in the top 6 have a bidding round with any continental interest at Xmas