Arsenal

MiG16

Embarrasing to think Wiltshere and that Callum guy are england class.

why is it? "england class" has typically meant "massively overhyped and underwhelming" for about thirty years.

Nice to see that H still constantly monitors the forum to instantly quash anything resembling pro-English jingoism. Possibly you could re-word that "foreigner class".

Defensive problems at Arsenal? Check out your Argie relativesbiggrin.png

http://zippy.gfycat.com/GrizzledSoggyEkaltadeta.webm

Hilarious ! I watched that game live. The referee is apparently to be suspended a minimum of four games for adding God knows how much injury time that allowed Lanus to first tie it up, and then win it 3-2. As many insane things happen in Argentina football, that game ranked near the top of the list in the years that I've followed the league.

In addition there was a handball in that build up madness to the goal unseen by the ref.

As an aside, the managers for both teams are Boca Juniors icons, Martin Palermo and Guillermo Barros Schelotto.

Edited by jellydog
  • Like 1

Hilarious ! I watched that game live. The referee is apparently to be suspended a minimum of four games for adding God knows how much injury time that allowed Lanus to first tie it up, and then win it 3-2. As many insane things happen in Argentina football, that game ranked near the top of the list in the years that I've followed the league.

In addition there was a handball in that build up madness to the goal unseen by the ref.

As an aside, the managers for both teams are Boca Juniors icons, Martin Palermo and Guillermo Barros Schelotto.

palmolive, remember seeing him miss three penalties in one game for Argentina !! hilarious, but fair play to him for having the bottle to take them wernt a bad player though. but not a patch on the mighty batistuta whose place he had unfortunately taken

• Like 1

palmolive, remember seeing him miss three penalties in one game for Argentina !! hilarious, but fair play to him for having the bottle to take them wernt a bad player though. but not a patch on the mighty batistuta whose place he had unfortunately taken

All true. Palermo was a tremendous player for Boca Juniors and their all time leading scorer which is saying something. But not cut out for big time football in Europe. He washed out quickly in Spain. He couldn't hold a candle to Batistuta but few other Argentines could. Actually Palermo didn't get all that many caps with the Argentina NT. Crespo replaced Batistuta. Batistuta is still Argentina's all time leading scorer. I forget the stats. 50 some goals in 70 some appearances.

It will be interesting to see whether we get a statement of support/loyalty for Wenger from the Yank in the next 10 days. If we don't, I think that will speak legions for Arsene's future at the end of the season (even fatter TV contracts).

[if we do get a statement of support I think it would be sincere - the Yank is 'old money', it wouldn't be the usual cynical rubbish you get from jack-the-lad football owners when they are about to sack someone].

It will be interesting to see whether we get a statement of support/loyalty for Wenger from the Yank in the next 10 days. If we don't, I think that will speak legions for Arsene's future at the end of the season (even fatter TV contracts).

[if we do get a statement of support I think it would be sincere - the Yank is 'old money', it wouldn't be the usual cynical rubbish you get from jack-the-lad football owners when they are about to sack someone].

What on earth are you on about?

Why would he need to?

What on earth are you on about?

Why would he need to?

Got to love a self made crisis! :o

• Like 1

You are a drama queen!! biggrin.png

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Maybe - isn't drama what football threads are all about anyway? Silent Stan usually pops up when the boss comes under a bit of pressure. That and the AGM are the only things where the ole fella reminds us he hasn't croaked.

Sticking with soaps (drama not soapies) the cheap press are having a field day with invented cr@p like Sanchez will be on his bike. But what's your take on Podolski Chicog? Can't believe he's happy with being strung along on 10 minute subbing and Wenger claiming how important he is. I think the guy's a saint for not dishing it out.

Maybe - isn't drama what football threads are all about anyway? Silent Stan usually pops up when the boss comes under a bit of pressure. That and the AGM are the only things where the ole fella reminds us he hasn't croaked.

Sticking with soaps (drama not soapies) the cheap press are having a field day with invented cr@p like Sanchez will be on his bike. But what's your take on Podolski Chicog? Can't believe he's happy with being strung along on 10 minute subbing and Wenger claiming how important he is. I think the guy's a saint for not dishing it out.

Why would you bring Podolski on for the last 10 minutes of a match you are dying to get points from when you have Sanogo ?rolleyes.gifblink.png

Mesut Ozil fell out with his father Mustafa because he forced him to leave Real Madrid and join Arsenal in a £42.5million deal, it has been claimed.

Ozil was taken to court by his dad this week after the play-maker sacked him as CEO of his marketing company, with their relationship since breaking down.

And Marca reports that the row between the pair started last year, with Ozil believed to be furious with his father for pushing him to join Arsenal – even though he didn’t want to.

It’s alleged that Mustafa, who was acting as his son’s agent, arranged the whole transfer and make significant profit from the deal, but the player was not happy.

He is said to miss Madrid ‘every day’ and often thinks ‘what if’ when seeing how successful they have become in the last few months.

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

Mesut Ozil fell out with his father Mustafa because he forced him to leave Real Madrid and join Arsenal in a £42.5million deal, it has been claimed.

Ozil was taken to court by his dad this week after the play-maker sacked him as CEO of his marketing company, with their relationship since breaking down.

And Marca reports that the row between the pair started last year, with Ozil believed to be furious with his father for pushing him to join Arsenal – even though he didn’t want to.

It’s alleged that Mustafa, who was acting as his son’s agent, arranged the whole transfer and make significant profit from the deal, but the player was not happy.

He is said to miss Madrid ‘every day’ and often thinks ‘what if’ when seeing how successful they have become in the last few months.

Oh yes, and Real Madrid won the CL and are highly likely to do it again, without him! w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif

Still atlas theres a really great atmosphere at the Library as Chicog informs us!!laugh.png

Edited by carmine

Bummer - Baines is out with a niggle tonight so Gibbs gets the full 90 minutes to pick up an injury - then well be down to only one fit/experienced/worthy defender in our back 4 (Per picked nothing up for Germany - not surprising since he wasn't picked).

I note that Podolski played 90 minutes for Germany last night - probably more than he's played for Arsene all season! They still love him in Koln and I suspect he'll be back there come January.

Oh yes, and Real Madrid won the CL and are highly likely to do it again, without him! w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif

Still atlas theres a really great atmosphere at the Library as Chicog informs us!!laugh.png

It's awesome mate, we're in the top 10. Here, let me post the link again for you.

http://talksport.com/football/premier-leagues-loudest-fans-top-10-noisiest-supporters-ranked-decibel-level-141103122428

Unfortunately your surly bunch of losers just sit there staring into space until it's time to Boo.

I see you've even been officially renamed.

TOTTENHAM CEMETERY
White Hart Lane

Tottenham

Greater London

N17

Telephone 020 8363 8324

Cemetery information

Tottenham Cemetery was opened in 1858 and covers approximately 62 acres. The cemetery features two chapels, east and west, with the west chapel available for burial services. There is a large lake fed by a natural spring, which has an abundance ofwildlife.

Opening hours

Daily 7.30am - 4.30pm

Icheesy.gif

Many teams seem to think that Man U are not frightening these days. Unfortunately it seems to be in Arsenal's recent DNA to think otherwiselaugh.png

And the prospect of facing an attack including Falcao, vanP, Rooney and DiMaria (if vanGaal can integrate those 4) is pretty worrying no matter how much you snort about the quality of the bit in between them and DeGea.

Be very scared about Arsenal's woeful defence though. Let's hope that Arsene does not play Chambers at RB (Bellerin please and drop Monreal). Let's hope the wing backs stay defensive and don't wander forward.

There's speculation that perhaps Arsene will give Jack a holding role. OK - he did that well for England but it's not his best position - he tends to give the ball away and the further back he does that the more likely we are to ship goals. He is the dynamic spark that can unlock defences when he plays further forward. Maybe needs must though and he plays alongside/just in front of Arteta.

Man U's attack are well capable of scoring goals against one of the weakest defences in the Division (on current form/personnel). I suspect a draw is the median outcome and a loss more likely than a win for Arsenal. Would be surprised if Wellbeck is fit enough to play, would be surprised if Giroud is sharp enough to play more than a bit part. Am surprised that Wenger cryptically states that Theo is not even on the bench - is he not telling us something? I hope I misheard this on Sky yesterday.

Would be surprised if less than 4 goals are scored.

Guessing at:

Sczesney

Bellerin/Mertesacker/Chambers/Gibbs

Arteta/Wilshere

Chamberlain/Giroud then Sanogo/Ramsey/Sanchez

Edited by SantiSuk

Many teams seem to think that Man U are not frightening these days. Unfortunately it seems to be in Arsenal's recent DNA to think otherwiselaugh.png

And the prospect of facing an attack including Falcao, vanP, Rooney and DiMaria (if vanGaal can integrate those 4) is pretty worrying no matter how much you snort about the quality of the bit in between them and DeGea.

Be very scared about Arsenal's woeful defence though. Let's hope that Arsene does not play Chambers at RB (Bellerin please and drop Monreal). Let's hope the wing backs stay defensive and don't wander forward.

There's speculation that perhaps Arsene will give Jack a holding role. OK - he did that well for England but it's not his best position - he tends to give the ball away and the further back he does that the more likely we are to ship goals. He is the dynamic spark that can unlock defences when he plays further forward. Maybe needs must though and he plays alongside/just in front of Arteta.

Man U's attack are well capable of scoring goals against one of the weakest defences in the Division (on current form/personnel). I suspect a draw is the median outcome and a loss more likely than a win for Arsenal. Would be surprised if Wellbeck is fit enough to play, would be surprised if Giroud is sharp enough to play more than a bit part. Am surprised that Wenger cryptically states that Theo is not even on the bench - is he not telling us something? I hope I misheard this on Sky yesterday.

Would be surprised if less than 4 goals are scored.

Guessing at:

Sczesney

Bellerin/Mertesacker/Chambers/Gibbs

Arteta/Wilshere

Chamberlain/Giroud then Sanogo/Ramsey/Sanchez

I think you would win with that team as you have picked 12 players, or are you running scared and need 12 ?.

Your team have no hope if they are as good at football as you are at counting players Nev!

[Giroud 'then' Sanogo means 'substituted later by']

Santi, the fact that you had to explain it shows that you didn't make it clear in the first place.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1