Arsenal

MiG16

That's been the problem for several years. Wenger will never learn.

Can understand the faithful's dedication to him in terms of fond loyalty, but surely we can't see out another two seasons of going nowhere under him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yndMFaW5vFY

whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

And who the f*** is Chris Hudson and why does his opinion matter?

Oh that's right, he's the token whinger for that pathetic mob calling themselves a "TV channel" because they post Youtube videos.

Can understand the faithful's dedication to him in terms of fond loyalty, but surely we can't see out another two seasons of going nowhere under him.

Well who would you like to replace him with Santi?

What Arsenal are crying out for is a midfielder that has some grit and determination

and knows how to control a game, someone like Cesc Fabregas.

Baffles me why Wenger didn't want to take him back, look what he's doing for the Chavs.

Fabregas isn't a ball winner. We have enough attacking midfielders.

The key to Fabregas playing well is having Matic clearing up behind him. That Matic is a monster.

That's what we need.

Instead we have Arteta who keeps chucking aimless balls at the opposition and could be overtaken by a distracted snail in a zimmer frame, partnered with Ramsey and Wilshere, both of whom tend to stroll forward and leave Arteta exposed.

Plus a centre half to replace Monreal wouldn't go amiss.

I think (or perhaps hope) that Wenger will be busy in the transfer window!

No surprises there then - another pile of negativity from you.

When you've run out of excuses for the man just concentrate on the 'there's no one else available' line. Or better still 'you guys don't know what you're talking about - you've not been on the highbury terraces for generations'.

Living in the past mate, living in the past.

Honestly will you too stop bickering! cheesy.gif

What i would say is baring in mind the fickle behaviour of so many Arsenal fans with regards Wenger in recent years, the no guy won't have a chance.

When Wenger goes you're in for a whole lot of pain!!

Mindyou, to a point the dissenters are right because you can't teach an old poodle new tricks! laugh.png

No surprises there then - another pile of negativity from you.

When you've run out of excuses for the man just concentrate on the 'there's no one else available' line. Or better still 'you guys don't know what you're talking about - you've not been on the highbury terraces for generations'.

Living in the past mate, living in the past.

Glory hunting newbies like yourself are the ones clamouring for a replacement, and your suggestions are right off the back pages. That's the extent of your football knowledge Santi.

Denying it, doesn't suddenly make it untrue.

People who understand the club know that stability is the key.

Yes, Wenger is eventually leaving, but not because whingers like yourself, who think you know the job because you've played Football Manager, say so.

So we need some new blood in the team.

Deal with it.

Or if you can't, do what you did last time and change clubs.

Close the door behind you.

What i would say is baring in mind the fickle behaviour of so many Arsenal fans with regards Wenger in recent years, the no guy won't have a chance.

When Wenger goes you're in for a whole lot of pain!!

Mindyou, to a point the dissenters are right because you can't teach an old poodle new tricks! laugh.png

*bearing.

And yes, it's a massive pair of shoes to fill.

But to use your canine analogy, there is life in the old dog yet.

The "key" to what exactly? Certainly not winning titles tongue.png

Neither is having a new manager every year. Unfortunately that's what a lot of these new "fans" want, unqualified, instant success or bugger off.

Edited by Chicog

Well I never.

PAUL GASCOIGNE has revealed how Arsenal paid £50,000 towards his medical bills.
By: James Dickenson
Published: Mon, November 24, 2014
Gazza is currently on the recovery trail after another collapse saw him end up sectioned in hospital.
But the troubled former Tottenham ace has opened up on how rivals Arsenal helped him out with cash.
He said: "I rang up their physio Gary Lewin and told him I wasn't feeling great. He said to go to hospital as he feared it was pneumonia. Wenger then agreed to arrange £28,000 to pay for treatment."
"Arsenal also paid £22,000 when I had hip treatment."
The 47-year-old also spoke of how Spurs snubbed him when looking for tickets to watch his old side take on Real Madrid in 2011.
"I wanted to watch Spurs against Real Madrid and got told they only had two tickets for £60," Gazza told The Sun.
"I'd have to watch from under the directors' box with some players who played 30 years before me."
The ex-midfielder said his old team-mate Gary Mabbutt eventually sorted the situation, but Arsenal and Wenger's generosity will raise eyebrows in North London.

As i said in my post last week, poor defending as usual by Arsenal, nine players in attacking mode, quick breakaway by Utd and 1-0 down. Same against Swansea,cost us the game overall. When will these idiots (professional not known for their intelligence) learn that you have to cover these gaps in defence when the wing backs bomb forward, but do they ever learn? Certainly not our lot, playing people out of position, ie Monreal at CB is not going to work against quality attackers. Oh how I wish we could turn the clock back to the old days when defenders knew how to defend and less of this couldn't care less attitude by some. Some will say today's footie is more exciting because of the style of football, but at least you could put your money on teams being able to defend a lead, not in this day and age. Many thanks to the little French git Platini for banning sliding tackles etc and making football a non contact sport for all the continentals in our game who don't like getting their shins kicked now and again.

The "key" to what exactly? Certainly not winning titles tongue.png

Neither is having a new manager every year. Unfortunately that's what a lot of these new "fans" want, unqualified, instant success or bugger off.

In all seriousness though. I know what you mean about stability and to be fair, Wenger has done the job the board wanted him to do. And that was to be frugal whilst paying off the stadium but to still remain competetive. However, since the stadium has been paid off he has had money to spend but I don't think he's spent wisely. I just feel there's a thin line between stability and becoming stale. Sometimes there's a need for change to bring in a fresh approach.

I'd say bringing in Ozil, Sanchez, Chambers, Debuchy, Ospina and Welbeck in the last couple of years is a far cry from the preceding 10(-ish).

But he's never managed to replace Petit/Vieira, one of the best midfield combinations we ever had. Mind you they aren't exactly two a penny, and Petit was a centre half when he bought him.

I was laughing, the Mirror today said that Arsenal and the Moaners are fighting to bring back Vermaelen on loan.

When Barcelona have just said his hamstring has gone again. We saw them coming.

cheesy.gif

OK no more laughing. Because Giroud wasn't expected back for a month, he isn't registered for the Dortmund or Gala games.

blink.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yndMFaW5vFY

whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

And who the f*** is Chris Hudson and why does his opinion matter?

Oh that's right, he's the token whinger for that pathetic mob calling themselves a "TV channel" because they post Youtube videos.

Ok a bit of optimism then ...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMxiGI7Rhlo&list=UUBTy8j2cPy6zw68godcE7MQ

While I pray it aint so, I fully expect Klopp's mob to sucker punch our carp defence again tonight leaving us to scramble for a point away at Galatasary to get the opportunity to be taken out by one of Europe's top clubs in the next round.

Looking at the likely winners of the groups, the only ties that would give me hope would be Porto or Bayer. With a couple of January additions and kinder injury lists we might have a good crack at PSG or A. Madrid.

Jack looks a likely long term injury and one wonders whether he and Walcott will ever get the chance to progress to the point of fulfilling their early promise.

Asimov, our Russian minority shareholder, is not far off in his assertion that Arsenal need to strengthen every position if they want to join Europe's elite. I can only think of Sanchez, Koscielney and possibly Chamberlain who could maintain a place in a top 5 Europe side.

Arsenal should do themselves a favor and unload Wilshere. An injury prone cretin who doesn't have enough pace to outrun defenders and not enough strength to hold them off. He'll provide a nice through ball once every five matches and a nice goal every ten. Otherwise a waste of space.coffee1.gif

Arsenal should do themselves a favor and unload Wilshere. An injury prone cretin who doesn't have enough pace to outrun defenders and not enough strength to hold them off. He'll provide a nice through ball once every five matches and a nice goal every ten. Otherwise a waste of space.coffee1.gif

My you're a little bundle of sunshine today.

rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

My you're a little bundle of sunshine today.

rolleyes.gif

Yeah, but you agree don't you Chiccy.w00t.gif

Which team would you ideally pick if the whole squad were fit? Of my choice first 11 only 4 are left standing (BFG, Gibbs, Ox and Sanchez) and only Kos is an imminent return! Nightmare.

Presumably Huddart (on the bench) is an academy kid goalie? Presumably PL allows emergency registrations also when you are 2 goalies short.

December looks middling in opposition terms, but horrific in numbers of games. Arsene needs to keep the likes of Rosicky, Bellerin and Podolski motivated with some game time where he can.

The downed 7 - szes/debuchy/kos/arteta/wilshere/welbeck/ozil - yes Carmine Oziltongue.png