Arsenal

MiG16

Has our clothed cap witless troll lost his whippet on the goons thread? BB , you need to go out on loan for a few seasons before coming back to troll

Anyone would have thought the most expensive premier league team ever assembled had got spanked again at the weekend? clap2.gif

Anyone would have thought the youngest team in the league had spanked them also!

Note to BB. Silva doesn't track back. He's a little lazy and there lies his weakness. Ferguson was rarely wrong w00t.gif

I've heard of false no.9's but false moderators.

]

Yes - if we beat Olympiacos by 2 clear goals then we go through. However if we win by only one goal at 3-2 (or better) then I think, according to these Wiki rules, the question resolves down to goal difference in the group - and we are clearly the winners on that, having had a 7 goal differential added in last night - they lost by 4 and we won by 3.

I may be reading it wrong.

At least it is now in our hands. I think we will do it! But the odds are probably 50/50 at best by the bookies ...... Chic?

It may be a difficult and potential make-or-break choice between turtle-like Arteta and jump-in maniac Flamini! Flam just edges it for me but BFG will have to lean all over him with a teacher's rule in the match - saw at least one crazy dive-in last night and the night in Pireus (it is them at the port int it?) is going to be one hell of a zoo! 10 men early on and we are rodgered. If I was the Olympiacos manager I would be putting my men under intensive Giroud/Flam/Ramsey/Alexis wind-up mode. I could see any one of them ditching our prospects!

Tiebreakers

The teams are ranked according to points (3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss). If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied in the order given to determine the rankings (regulations Article 17.01):[1]

1. higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
  2. superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
  3. higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;
  4. higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question;
  5. if, after having applied criteria 1 to 4, teams still have an equal ranking, criteria 1 to 4 are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the teams in question to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria 6 to 12 apply;
  6. superior goal difference in all group matches;
  7. higher number of goals scored in all group matches;
  8. higher number of away goals scored in all group matches;
  9. higher number of wins in all group matches;
  10. higher number of away wins in all group matches;
  11. lower disciplinary points total based only on yellow and red cards received in all group matches (red card = 3 points, yellow card = 1 point, expulsion for two yellow cards in one match = 3 points);
  12. higher club coefficient.

The stage at issue seems to be number 2 - goal difference bewteen the teams i

Yes - if we beat Olympiacos by 2 clear goals then we go through. However if we win by only one goal at 3-2 (or better) then I think, according to these Wiki rules, the question resolves down to goal difference in the group - and we are clearly the winners on that, having had a 7 goal differential added in last night - they lost by 4 and we won by 3.

I may be reading it wrong.

At least it is now in our hands. I think we will do it! But the odds are probably 50/50 at best by the bookies ...... Chic?

They are 4/11 to qualify; we are 2/1.

I think that's about fair.

Of course the Mirror are saying that Arsenal have lost three times at Oly, always in Round 6, so we're doomed.

What they neglect to mention is that in each case, we'd already qualified and Wenger put out a second string.

No doubt we'll have our strongest team out on Wednesday, minus what isn't fit yet (and what might get nobbled by a desperate Norwich clogger).

But if we get Oxtail-Chamberpot back, and even Feeeo, who knows?

The Olympiacos game is a couple of Wednesdays away btw, so every chance we get more guys back (or more guys injured!)

Squad game for every side mate! rolleyes.gif

If Alexis Sanchez or Ozil get crocked they are screwed mate. And yes, i said Ozil because it may have taken two painful seasons but he has finally started to justify his fee.

The Olympiacos game is a couple of Wednesdays away btw, so every chance we get more guys back (or more guys injured!)

If Alexis Sanchez or Ozil get crocked they are screwed mate. And yes, i said Ozil because it may have taken two painful seasons but he has finally started to justify his fee.

He'll be hobbling off to the treatment room to find his mittens and beanie next month have no fear! biggrin.png

*Faints*

• Like 2

*Faints*

yes, the onus being on "started."

Hmmm yes, total number of trophies Mes has picked up since he joined Arsenal: 2.

Total number of trophies the tiny totts have picked up since he joined Arsenal: 0.

w00t.gif

Whoops own goal scored....you got a like from BB. laugh.png

(he's the fella that reckons De Bruyne would walk into any side)

EDIT except Chelsea that is

Edited by carmine

Hmmm yes, total number of trophies Mes has picked up since he joined Arsenal: 2.

Total number of trophies the tiny totts have picked up since he joined Arsenal: 0.

w00t.gif

And that is proving to be Chelsea's error of judgement.

• Like 1

w00t.gif

To be fair BJ, would you say that he has set the world alight so far this season ?

w00t.gif

555 ;-)

post-19652-0-25068900-1448606109_thumb.j

w00t.gif

To be fair BJ, would you say that he has set the world alight so far this season ?

City fans (who see him the most) wouldn't be singing his praises so highly if hadn't Alfie. He's also got a great attitude and doesn't yearn for praise or to be in the spotlight, he always passes a ball to someone who may be in a better goal scoring position rather than glory hunting for himself.

w00t.gif

City fans (who see him the most) wouldn't be singing his praises so highly if hadn't Alfie. He's also got a great attitude and doesn't yearn for praise or to be in the spotlight, he always passes a ball to someone who may be in a better goal scoring position rather than glory hunting for himself.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Didn't take long for Alfie's usual constructive debate response to occur, did it coffee1.gif

FYI. City fans are just as critical of a player who doesn't perform than anyone else is, if not more.

• Like 2

Didn't take long for Alfie's usual constructive debate response to occur, did it coffee1.gif

FYI. City fans are just as critical of a player who doesn't perform than anyone else is, if not more.

I just find it strange that i haven't watched one football tv show or read one newspaper column that have said that De Bruyne has set the world alight this season but perhaps they are all watching different games to City supporters, oh sorry i did see this on Talksports website Who will be the better player - Anthony Martial or Kevin De Bruyne? biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

I just find it strange that i haven't watched one football tv show or read one newspaper column that have said that De Bruyne has set the world alight this season but perhaps they are all watching different games to City supporters, oh sorry i did see this on Talksports website Who will be the better player - Anthony Martial or Kevin De Bruyne? biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

Doh! Who knows more about their club and their players, the media, pundits or THE FANS? I've made it easier for you (it's the fans, Alfie). If you don't believe what the City fans on here think about KdB then go on another City forum and ask - willing to bet all my money i have that the opinion of KdB will be the same, the guy is a world class player, he's settled really well for us already and is looking good now and for the future.

From the little I've seen of Martial he also looks very decent.

]

eone who may be in a better goal scoring position rather than glory hunting for himself.

Doh! Who knows more about their club and their players, the media, pundits or THE FANS? I've made it easier for you (it's the fans, Alfie). If you don't believe what the City fans on here think about KdB then go on another City forum and ask - willing to bet all my money i have that the opinion of KdB will be the same, the guy is a world class player, he's settled really well for us already and is looking good now and for the future.

From the little I've seen of Martial he also looks very decent.

]

But i like a neutrals view bb biggrin.png

Yes - working the same group of players for 3 months is starting to tell on the fitness levels. I make it that the current playable members of the squad ignoring Academy is:

GK - 2 out of 2 fit

Defenders - 5 out of 8

Midfield - 5 out of 9

Forwards - 2 out of 5

The Academy is going to be staffing the entirety of the bench soon!

God knows what it'll be like when we get into the Europa (can't now see us panning Olympiacos with one decent forward, a passenger forward, Campbell, and an exhausted/depleted midfield).