Arsenal

MiG16

5 hours ago, evenstevens said:

can clearly recall our discussion when M/city missed out on Sanchez,u were hellbent  that City would get him in the summer t/f window,now with your lofty position,you have clearly changed your call, in my view Sanchez joining would be icing on the cake for your final assult to snavel the EPL title,the only apple carts he would knock over ,would be your closest contenders ,one way or another ,sure the top guns would welcome such a classy player with open arms in the dressing shed, clear your head Mr B/J:smile:

and to your whims . never smiles:smile:

I think you have me mixed up with someone else ES. Here are just 2 posts I have made on the subject. One in June and one in Sept. My stance hasn't faltered. I'm not hell bent on wanting him but if we get him, of course I would welcome him26th June.JPG

1st Sept.JPG

• Haha 1

Mr B/J  after   a research   of my posts  our discussion  was more centred on Sanchez upsetting the apple carts or disrupting the dressing shed, but  u did mentioned that in  the summer t/f window  M/City would be able to get him for a cheaper price,and i replied that  M/city would lose  pole position as many other top draw clubs will join the qeue at such a large discounted price, that was what i was referring to in my last post,which was off the top of my handsome head, so i offer my appolgies as i am not 100% correct,but do have a strong point also (the summer t/f window comment by you), wished C/sea would sign Sanchez ,as our balance is out of whack, largely due to injurys,this bloke is a like a hitman,and covers all front areas of attack, u never know when he bobs up from to get a killer pass or chip  away,and is ruthless in front of goal,  he is my favourite player for a couple years now,as he always (apart from the Wenger spat) gives 100%,and would not upset a normal dressing shed,with a strong manager in place,anyway cobber a nice morning to you,and all:smile:

2 hours ago, evenstevens said:

Mr B/J  after   a research   of my posts  our discussion  was more centred on Sanchez upsetting the apple carts or disrupting the dressing shed, but  u did mentioned that in  the summer t/f window  M/City would be able to get him for a cheaper price,and i replied that  M/city would lose  pole position as many other top draw clubs will join the qeue at such a large discounted price, that was what i was referring to in my last post,which was off the top of my handsome head, so i offer my appolgies as i am not 100% correct,but do have a strong point also (the summer t/f window comment by you),

Thanks ES. I accept your apology :thumbsup:

Yes I remember the discussion. I still don't mind either way if we get him or not but I was merely pointing out that if we do get him next summer it will be for free instead of 60 mil. You then said that we would be at the end off a very long line of suitors. I just said that we wouldn't be at the end of the line.

1st sept2.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

City were the better team, but two of their three goals were officiating mistakes. What part of fair shoulder charge did the ref not understand and what is the relevance of whether there is any contact with the opponent, Mr TV commentator (who in typical commentator form made up his own rule interpretations on the fly to support agreement with the penalty foul decision on the basis that Monreal had no ball contact). The failure of the line guy to spot Silva's leg one metre offside was totally inexcusable.

{we of course have benefited from some poor reffing decisions hitherto this season, so some of this is just all part of the rub; pity though that an excellent comeback was rubbed out by sequentially bad officiating}  

Edited by SantiSuk

Wenger really is bringing this club down now with his arrogance and stubbornness.  

He's blaming poor refereeing decisions again when last night it was so obvious that City were very clearly the better side and thoroughly deserved the win.  Wenger's living in complete denial and reaping a 9m a year salary.....

#WENGERIN#

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Jeez. No hope of anything out of this season if we have to rely too many times on Mertesacker being at the centre of defence. Real priority to do the bolstering in the January window that should have been done in the Summer. Koscielney is no longer the player he once was but Per is just not first team material.

That said I'm hopeful we can pull this one around. I'll probably look an idiot but I reckon the likes of Redmond and Austin  got a bit carried away with the excitement in the first quarter and will run out of steam in the second half. One more stupid lack of judgement in defence though and it's all over. Critical that we score the next goal. Not critical how soon that has to be. 

Bellerin disappointing this season - not sure why, but clearly lacking the confidence that has previously terrified left backs.

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

One point welcome but not good enough Arsenal. Mid table obscurity, which is what many of us less faithful predicted, beckons!

Can't see the point of playing Lacazette up front. He's clearly an effective fox in the box type but I haven't seen this team yet work out how to connect with such a player. At times it looks like the old guard deliberately avoid him.

Very odd first change by Wenger. Per off yes of course, but Welbeck? <deleted>? He's looked the least convincing of the cupsquad and not yet fit post injury. Good that Jack got the chance to come on - none of the other first teamers looked half way direct enough today and Wishere has been the central engine of the cupsquad.

Can't see the point of this cross field posession game that posesses Arsenal sometimes, if noone is prepared to have a run now and then

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

How come Giroud doesn't get more minutes?

Wenger needing to justify spending 60 mil on Lacazette? 

Deschamps was reported as having told Giroud he needs more playing time if he wants to be selected for France in the Word Cup next summer, so something will have to give.

18 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Deschamps was reported as having told Giroud he needs more playing time if he wants to be selected for France in the Word Cup next summer, so something will have to give.

It can surely only be the cash as he's been poor really.

Giroud is having an Indian summer as well!

Just now, SantiSuk said:

Lacazette lol the man who will score a goal, but hardly ever scores the goals to win the games. I'm sure he's scored in more losses than anything else. Awful signing. 

As I said a few posts prior, I think Lacazette is better than his team mates make him look. They did not change their style at all when a completely different form of striker arrived. Down to the manager and coaching staff.

I see this morning that Arsenal Fan TV agrees with me on that one, though they were stuck in snow-bound traffic for this match along with thousands of other gooners.

[Another shockingly awful 'blame everyone else' post-match interview from Wenger. This old horse shoulda' been put out to grass several seasons ago!]

Dreary performance against drab opposition.

Sanchez might as well be sold asap unless Wenger is convinced his poor form is just that. Xhaka deserves a huge kick up the proverbial; can't remember any Arsenal midfielder hitting such a high misdirected pass ratio as him in the last few matches. He started his Emirates journey impressively, but is now way off quality. Lacazette and Iwobi were anonymous for huge chunks of the game and only Ozil and Wilshere caught the eye.

Wake up you Gunners or the season will be over by February . 

15 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Dreary performance against drab opposition.

Sanchez might as well be sold asap unless Wenger is convinced his poor form is just that. Xhaka deserves a huge kick up the proverbial; can't remember any Arsenal midfielder hitting such a high misdirected pass ratio as him in the last few matches. He started his Emirates journey impressively, but is now way off quality. Lacazette and Iwobi were anonymous for huge chunks of the game and only Ozil and Wilshere caught the eye.

Wake up you Gunners or the season will be over by February . 

Your left back played well first half...you just didn't kill it off.

• Like 1

Nice result last night. Haven't seen the game (coming up on BeIn in 30 mins if the on-screen guide can be believed - it's a bit hit or miss compared to its much-otherwise-reviled forerunner, CTH).

Missing the live game is what you get if you let the protestations of some geriatric Pompey fan in a local falang bar suspend your belief that the game was Thursday night not Friday, without checking*!

Edited by SantiSuk
* thus proving I am equally geriatric
  • Haha 2

Too many rubbish first halves of football in our first 20 games and this time the one late goal was not enough to provide cover against yet another poor refereeing penalty call.

We don't get into the top four by failing to take 3 points at the bottom club of the league, nor in only getting 3 away wins and we surely do not get the top 4 trophy on the basis of our current form relative to the other contenders.

Wenger doomed to retire under a cloud? I'd put money on it.

Just now, SantiSuk said:

Too many rubbish first halves of football in our first 20 games and this time the one late goal was not enough to provide cover against yet another poor refereeing penalty call.

We don't get into the top four by failing to take 3 points at the bottom club of the league, nor in only getting 3 away wins and we surely do not get the top 4 trophy on the basis of our current form relative to the other contenders.

Wenger doomed to retire under a cloud? I'd put money on it.

Wenger has been doomed for a while now and no amount of gloss will ever change that. Brilliant start but never capitalised and always sought excuses. A man who was so shrewd in the transfer market for a few years and then capitulated. The winners; all those that skipped to man city early on. The losers; all who do not be brave like AOC. The reward; playing for AFC keeps the Mrs happy.

You may not/probably won't this season get top 4 football with Arsenal but they are still very much worth watching. Sweet attacking moves combined with a fallible defence gives you that. Toss-up as to which of that match and the Arsenal v Man U match is game of the season so far?

I'll forgive Arsene whining this one time - two games on the trot when a ref's wrong decision (both by a country mile IMO) has (probably) cost us points - though overall a draw was a fair result last night. Surely the FA needs to get its head around further training and guidelines to the refs.

Jack Wilshere for England in the Summer? One carded dive-in was a blast from the past but otherwise he's doing a fair job of running matches - not quite Stevie G class, but not far off if he stays injury free. Last night for a welcome change Xaka partnered him exceptionally well in the middle of the park.

Early season ranting by me (and other fans) against the thinness of Wenger's defensive plans were on full display last night. Chambers is not Prem League quality and never has been on leaving Soton and Per is no longer even bench quality. Where would we be were it not for the Ainsley M-N factor (another potential England squad call in the Summer build-up); he's still listed as a midfielder on the Arsenal website!

Edited by SantiSuk

I have to be honest with you Santi regards Wenger's constant moaning and berating of officials.  Has anyone ever made a correct penalty call against Arsenal?  He really needs to button it or change the record.  

More signs of a manager that should have retired and finding himself under increasing pressure.  

10 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

I agree with you on the generality Carmine!

In fairness last nights could be described as a little harsh but in reality very few penalties are cut and dry. I also doubt he "saw" the blatant Wilshire dive.  Might well have been down to ten men.

All that aside, its going to be one hell of a scrap for top four and a very tough one to call!!!  

Just caught the replay. As entertaining a match as I've seen this season. A draw seemed the just result. Immense effort from Courtois.

Now on to see what Arsenal and Wenger do with the Sanchez/Ozil mess.