Arsenal

MiG16

24 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well its getting increasingly difficult to envisage when Wenger is going to be able to announce he's staying on!!!

I didn't see the game but the reports are far from complimentary.  

As usual, the big problem seems to be at the very top. Absentee owner and the franchise has lost direction.

28 minutes ago, jellydog said:

As usual, the big problem seems to be at the very top. Absentee owner and the franchise has lost direction.

Well its unlikely they'll finish in the top four, 14 points behind Spurs, with the goal difference it might as well be 15 points......i can't see how he can announce he's staying on and the potential loss of CL revenue will also be damaging.  

Are his players really playing for him?

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well its unlikely they'll finish in the top four, 14 points behind Spurs, with the goal difference it might as well be 15 points......i can't see how he can announce he's staying on and the potential loss of CL revenue will also be damaging.  

I've always maintained that Management was content with CL qualification every year and the $ that came with it.  Without that to hang his hat on Wenger might have got Kroenke's attention.

You have to think that the players feel the rot.

On 1/3/2013 at 3:24 PM, SantiSuk said:

laugh.png Nah - Ive been back for 3 days already mate, basking in the glorious Issaan sunshine (man was the UK the pits for weather).

Not that much different from views I've expressed many times before. We've been unnecessarily trying to make do and mend for 2 years now. If a Cheap Charlie like me with a chartered accounting qualification (we FCAs are well known for our prudence) can see that no risks have been taken and cash has been accumulated there's gotta be something wrong. What particularly annoys me is that in October/November the Board realeased the fact that 30 million of cash would be available for transfers - based on the accounts to 31 May 2012 published a month previous. Any accountant will tell you that by 31 May the Board would have known what the financial position was (most likely significantly earlier than that). The board chose to sit on that cash in the Summer Window and are now reaping the disadvantages from not paying for game-changing players.

Cool analysis, not one driven of despair. If things get really bad in the second half then market forces will take over anyway, I'm sure we will be a great club again within a few years (by which I mean top 5 Europe, not just the club that strives to make money from the best trophy every year and counts its future development prospects rather than acheivments).

Hoping for a vanPersie like miracle in the second half, nonetheless.

Spot on Jelly. It's been going on for many years (March 2013 comment above). I am no longer confident that Arsenal will ever be a truly top class European side in my lifetime - which is not why I disappeared from the thread and not a reason to stop following them!

I assumed Chicog to be diehard and thick skinned, just shows how wrong you can be about people :laugh:

He'll be back next season.....if Spurs don't win the title that is. If that happens we'll never see him again.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Bob not sure if you are the BB being referred to as the only Arsenal fan left on here, but if it's me I'm no fan but I do admire the club for staying at the top for the majority of my football-supporting life.

I think all of you and your teams are a bunch of <deleted>, so it must be you they refer to :biggrin:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Bob not sure if you are the BB being referred to as the only Arsenal fan left on here, but if it's me I'm no fan but I do admire the club for staying at the top for the majority of my football-supporting life.

No i'm referring to you as you are well aware.

31 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I think all of you and your teams are a bunch of <deleted>, so it must be you they refer to :biggrin:

Don't be so defensive, i'm willing to admit now that Phil Coutinho would get in our starting line up!!  Can't think of anyone else though........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

I assumed Chicog to be diehard and thick skinned, just shows how wrong you can be about people :laugh:

He'll be back next season.....if Spurs don't win the title that is. If that happens we'll never see him again.  

It's ok Chicog, you can come out now, we know your here, it says so on your profile, only 20 minutes

ago.

Come on Chicog, you can talk to us, it's ok, we're good listeners, and it might make you feel better,

it's good to talk. :laugh:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, carmine said:

Arsene says they are playing for him :laugh: but he doesn't want to talk about his future.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39561624

Oh, and here's what the pundits think the Top 4 finish will be, although i think 

Paul Merson has been on the shandy again. :laugh:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/789816/Paul-Merson-Premier-League-Top-Four-Prediction

Edited by sotsira

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Don't be so defensive, i'm willing to admit now that Phil Coutinho would get in our starting line up!!  Can't think of anyone else though........

You'd have to fit Mane in there all day long...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^...and you'd have to be a fool to ignore Milner's utility skills

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:  He only gets in the bindippers team cos they dont have a decent left back, don't think he would get past Dier in the utility stakes.

Edited by alfieconn

^

It's funny what spurs finishing above arsenal for the first time in 3 decades can do to a man.

Carmine: You should know that feeling well enough!

Why would i, a Man City supporter, know the feeling well enough of spurs finishing above arsenal for the first time in 3 decades?

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

^

It's funny what spurs finishing above arsenal for the first time in 3 decades can do to a man.

Why would i, a Man City supporter, know the feeling well enough of spurs finishing above arsenal for the first time in 3 decades?

United 

41 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^

Another one goes straight over his head..........

• Like 1

Bournemouth midfielder Jack Wilshere out for season with broken leg - Sky sources

Jack Wilshere has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a broken leg sustained against Tottenham on Saturday, according to Sky sources.

Wilshere faces another prolonged absence after scan results revealed the severity of the injury.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/10842682/jack-wilshere-out-for-season-with-broken-leg-sky-sources