Arsenal

MiG16

32 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Your off your rocker. If they were attainable kane more so than alli wold be a coup. Sheikh zamin then. Psg chairman or owner of Qatar group. Few sheikh in football. Was an expression.

He's just clueless in footy matters mate lol.

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Kanee might be decent for Spurs but with Aguero, Jesus and Nacho we're alright up front.

Give it a rest. Nacho is off 99% to the wrong team I might add. Your short up front that's a fact with or without him.

20 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

A very defiant Wenger. I totally agree with the sentiments of his comments.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger described the criticism he has had this season as "a disgrace" he will "never forget".The Frenchman, 67, has faced fierce protests from fans calling for him to leave the club he has led since 1996."I don't mind criticism because we are in a public job," he told BBC Sport's Football Focus before Saturday's FA Cup final against Chelsea at Wembley."I believe there's a difference between being criticised and being treated in a way that human beings don't deserve."He added: "The lack of respect from some has been a disgrace and I will never accept that. I will never forget it."The behaviour of some people during the season, that is what hurts me most. It's not my person that is hurt but the impeccable image of the club around the world. That kind of behaviour does not reflect what Arsenal is."A strong club is a club that makes a decision. It is wrong that in modern society it is not a question of whether a decision is right but whether it is popular. That has nothing to do with competence. People with responsibility have to make the right decision."

i think come tuesday at the board meeting i wonder if he will receive an appoligy from all involved in the club.

the criticism he received was a DISGRACE and being a proud man who's club record speaks for itself he will tell them THATS IT.

3XPREMIER LEAGUE WINS.

7X FA.CUP WINS.

6X COMMUNITY SHEILD WINS.

WORLD MANAGER OF THE YR.

and much much more.

so those fans who want him out,lets hope you get your wish and then see who wants the job.

9 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

If you mean Sheikh Mansour (god bless!), i hope we don't make a move for either of Alli or Kane and why would we want to?

This post has already made my day....................and its not even 9am!!!!!

Truly wonderful stuff!!:smile:

31 minutes ago, meatboy said:

i think come tuesday at the board meeting i wonder if he will receive an appoligy from all involved in the club.

the criticism he received was a DISGRACE and being a proud man who's club record speaks for itself he will tell them THATS IT.

3XPREMIER LEAGUE WINS.

7X FA.CUP WINS.

6X COMMUNITY SHEILD WINS.

WORLD MANAGER OF THE YR.

and much much more.

so those fans who want him out,lets hope you get your wish and then see who wants the job.

Interesting topic of discussion this.

First and foremost, Arsene Wenger has been wonderful for the premier league and a wonderful manager for Arsenal.  A above all the silverware they can also thank him for their stadium.  I come from a generation of football supporter that does not agree with and would never boo our manager, and his treatment by a sizable element at the Library has been a disgrace.  Wenger should be applauded for the dignity he has shown in the face of what has become a rather toxic environment.

Moving forwards, a terrific performance against a woefully underpar Chelsea adds silverware but, in the eyes of his detractors, does it mean the club will move forwards next season?  Has he seen the error of his ways last season?  Was that fine performance papering over the cracks?

Many would say thanks a lot Arsene, you've been wonderful but its time to go and you now have the opportunity to go on a winning note.  If you stay it will be the epitome of arrogance and self indulgence, and lets face it Arsenal are unlikely to have a problem in finding a top flight replacement.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Interesting topic of discussion this.

First and foremost, Arsene Wenger has been wonderful for the premier league and a wonderful manager for Arsenal.  A above all the silverware they can also thank him for their stadium.  I come from a generation of football supporter that does not agree with and would never boo our manager, and his treatment by a sizable element at the Library has been a disgrace.  Wenger should be applauded for the dignity he has shown in the face of what has become a rather toxic environment.

Moving forwards, a terrific performance against a woefully underpar Chelsea adds silverware but, in the eyes of his detractors, does it mean the club will move forwards next season?  Has he seen the error of his ways last season?  Was that fine performance papering over the cracks?

Many would say thanks a lot Arsene, you've been wonderful but its time to go and you now have the opportunity to go on a winning note.  If you stay it will be the epitome of arrogance and self indulgence, and lets face it Arsenal are unlikely to have a problem in finding a top flight replacement.

This last paragraph sums it up nicely. The geezers arrogance and own disappointment at not winning the CL or lifting another PL has plateaued his own team. Someone less self indulged and who really put club before personal demons would have stepped aside a while ago. Hopefully for arsenal he gets told to step down on this high note.

4 hours ago, evadgib said:

He'll be out by Christmas as per Ralniari.

Hopefully not, they usually do ok until Xmas, then the wheels fall off by February.:biggrin:

As long as Wenger keeps Kroenke happy, the rest of the board have no say for Wenger.

You can consider him as second in command at the Arse.

In Wenger we trust! :laugh:

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, jellydog said:

Might as well bump this along. Gunners looked half decent today everything considered.

Yes they did.I don't go along with this game being a "friendly" and the result doesn't really matter. Any player worth his salt doesn't want to lose especially against cross town rivals and managers ego's also come into play.

Wenger badly needed a win to  consolidate why he is still there.Tackles were flying in ,yellows being shown and that tired tackle from Pedro was a potential bad archiles injury for the recipient. I didn't sense anything "friendly" about it at all.In fact I enjoyed the tenacity of it and Arsenal look to have some depth in their squad,Chelsea didn't.  

Edited by Sparkles

• 2 weeks later...

So, two games into the new season and Wenger is still in denial claiming Lacazette was onside, which he clearly wasn't.  Watch the video Arsene.

These past couple of months with Sanchez and the club in a stalemate and the hugely over rated Ozil (his eyes are offside!) not signing a new contract for stupid money has meant that Arsenal have been unable to confirm a transfer strategy.  Well done you two!!  Defense is still as frail as it looked last season.

In conclusion, Arsenal exactly where they were last season, with their best player not wanting to play for them,  and two more years of Wenger!!!  :smile:

Arsenal Fan TV should be a regular treat this season.

Edited by carmine

• 4 weeks later...

Well what was that all about last night?

A huge and dangerous farce with thousands of Cologne fans in the wrong end and even more thousands camped outside the stadium whilst the game was played.

I assume the police gave the ok to proceed in order to avoid a riot.

Very worrying indeed in terms of crowd control and safety.

You do have to wonder of course how 20000 tickets ended up in German hands....:clap2:

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well what was that all about last night?

A huge and dangerous farce with thousands of Cologne fans in the wrong end and even more thousands camped outside the stadium whilst the game was played.

I assume the police gave the ok to proceed in order to avoid a riot.

Very worrying indeed in terms of crowd control and safety.

You do have to wonder of course how 20000 tickets ended up in German hands....:clap2:

Add to that there was an atmosphere inside the stadium and i think Arsenal players did very well dealing with all that noise.  

Surely questions must be asked as to how 20000 brussel sprouts just seemed to turn up out of nowhere, get pissed up all day and desend on the Library without tickets!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

Add to that there was an atmosphere inside the stadium and i think Arsenal players did very well dealing with all that noise.  

Surely questions must be asked as to how 20000 brussel sprouts just seemed to turn up out of nowhere, get pissed up all day and desend on the Library without tickets!

Apparently Sanchez had a great game....he was quoted afterwards as saying, "I always had faith in my move to Citeh."

On 9/15/2017 at 10:47 AM, RonniePickering22 said:

Apparently Sanchez had a great game....he was quoted afterwards as saying, "I always had faith in my move to Citeh."

Sanchez looked like he'd got his mojo back in the 2nd half. He isn't yet able to force himself to smile.

Walcott was embarrasingly poor; offside practically every time the ball headed his way.

How have we reached the point where fans are sh*t scared of another teams fans sitting nearby? Sad.

Edited by champers

• 2 weeks later...

Could Arsenal be this years dark horses?  They have looked pretty good since their Liverpool pasting. The last 2 sides to win the Prem had no European commitments. 5 of the "top 6" are in Champs Lge and Arsenal are just playing their kids and fringe players in the Europa League. Looks like Sanchez won't be playing at the World Cup, so he can give it full throttle in the Prem.