Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

2 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

There are parallels, for instance, Lawson claiming that Whitehall were trying to "frustrate Brexit" is very much the same as when the Nazis claimed that they lost WWI due to "dolchstoss", these are attempts to disguise the fact that they cannot live up to their promises by blaming someone else, and when politicians use this technique we compare them to the Nazis as they are so famous for it and also because it's so frightening when anyone emulates their methods.  So you see, it is not "out there" to be aware of history and to notice when things repeat.

image.jpeg.fee594c35c90994b8f384f20a8c9cf76.jpegImage result for rhubarb

Edited by nauseus
rhubarb
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

It brought back schoolboy memories of mum's home grown rhubarb crumble, gooseberry tart and loads more that had to be topped with Birds....bravo.gif.06a2b98a197a50b2d0ca4744e9872cb8.gif

A piece of the thick skin which formed on top of custard when left to stand......heaven.

You were lucky we lived oop north we couldn't afford rhubarb or gooseberries we had pebbles and custard....and the kids today eh?. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, aright said:

A piece of the thick skin which formed on top of custard when left to stand......heaven.

You were lucky we lived oop north we couldn't afford rhubarb or gooseberries we had pebbles and custard....and the kids today eh?. :smile:

Hmmmm, I remember our back garden had loads of stuff growing, from strawberry's to blackcurrants to runner beans to tomatoes to potatoes...Noooooo supermarket required, just a fishmonger, butcher, Birds custard and a tin of Tate & Lyles syrup....Heavenly times...:smile:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Hmmmm, I remember our back garden had loads of stuff growing, from strawberry's to blackcurrants to runner beans to tomatoes to potatoes...Noooooo supermarket required, just a fishmonger, butcher, Birds custard and a tin of Tate & Lyles syrup....Heavenly times...:smile:

My Dad was a good gardener. We had both cooking and eating apples, all sorts of veggies, strawberries and raspberries, blackberries from up on the common,. Pluims were a bit more difficult as we either got the ones dropped over the fence from next door or I would sneak over the fence and scrump some.

My Mum was a plain cook but a good one.

In those days if you were caught scrumping you would get a clip on the ear from the owner. Instant justice.

Nowadays you would be taken to court where a good defence solicitor would plead that you come from a deprived background and perhaps you might get a fine or just a slap on the wrist.

The guy who gave you a thick ear would also be in court and perhaps end up in jail for doing it.

The court costs would be expensive (paid for by the taxpayers).

I know which justice is the best one.

Edited by billd766

Just now, billd766 said:

My Dad was a good gardener. We had both cooking and eating apples, all sorts of veggies, strawberries and raspberries, blackberries from up on the common,. Pluims were a bit more difficult as we either got the ones dropped over the fence from next door or I would sneak over the fence and scrump some.

My Mum was a plain cook but a good one.

I forgot about plums, we had those too, scrummy purple ones...:stoner:

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

We loved bread pudding. But we were soooo poor after the war. Our neighborhoods had been destroyed and we had nothing. Mum would say, "You want bread pudding kids? Get over the park and get the duck bread before it rains."

I can recall the first Kentucky that opened in West London. "What's for dinner Mum?" Mum said "I hear there's a new shop up west. Ride your bikes over there and when the customers come out beg to lick their fingers!"

Yes, happy days!

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

You are talking my language now. Syrup sponge and custard or even better with Ambrosia clotted cream rice pudding..... 500 calories in every spoonful.

3 hours ago, transam said:

Don't think so, the UK has more brains to even think that. But it does have nuclear subs out there when many EU members have sod all....

using or threatening to use nukes doesn't sound very brainy to me, more like suicide and mass murder.

1 hour ago, transam said:

??????????

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

I wish I could but I'm a hansum man 

Don't believe everything bar girls say. What they mean when they say you are a hansom man is 

"I hope you will hand me some"

3 hours ago, aright said:

You are talking my language now. Syrup sponge and custard or even better with Ambrosia clotted cream rice pudding..... 500 calories in every spoonful.

Double yummy.

I used to eat it cold from the fridge straight out of the fridge.