Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

2 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

The tripe connoisseurs come predominantly from the remain camp.

They fall for every bit of tripe that comes to them via the MSM.

Posting an article in no way implies agreement with any sentiment expressed. Often it is posted out of interest.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Glad to see that you are being so rude and aggressive today old bean; I do so love it when you get your dander up and come at me with a vengeance.

Do you understand what Transactional Analysis is? I try to engage in adult conversation but your response is always from either your id or super ego.

You two have been behaving better recently. Don't spoil it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tebee said:

But what you seem to forget is any British national who feels they are being underpaid is equally as free to go and get a job in a higher paying EU country.

Not quite.

Would one need to learn German ? French ? Dutch ? Swedish? Norwegian or Danish? To be free to go and get a job in a higher paying EU Country ?

Without speaking the lingo opportunities will be few and far between.

It is far easier for others to move to the UK, only need to learn English.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Posting an article in no way implies agreement with any sentiment expressed. Often it is posted out of interest.

Try telling that to the remainers.

12 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

The tripe connoisseurs come predominantly from the remain camp.

They fall for every bit of tripe that comes to them via the MSM.

It is embarrassing the tripe that they fall for.

2 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Not quite.

Would one need to learn German ? French ? Dutch ? Swedish? Norwegian or Danish? To be free to go and get a job in a higher paying EU Country ?

So it's English people poor linguistic skills  that causes the imbalance ? Maybe we should reform the education system then, rather than leaving the EU.

BTW in my computer consultant days I've worked in the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium without ever having to know the local language!

And how did the Boys from the Black Stuff ever manage? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Do you understand what Transactional Analysis is? I try to engage in adult conversation but your response is always from either your id or super ego.

You two have been behaving better recently. Don't spoil it

So, your idea of engaging in adult conversation is to respond to a comment I made by simply saying “What tripe” or as in your previous reply to a comment I made “What codswallop!” …… and you want to be taken seriously as an adult conversationalist, I think the only ego out of control here is your own.

I don’t know why you are so angry today, maybe it’s that Swedish air.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Renegade said:

Brilliant satire from someone who was getting his jock strap in a twist over Max -- Fac as it might affect his ability to export from the UK to the Philippines.

??

Your powers of recall seem to be as limited as your powers of reasoning. Please don't use your poor grasp of this thread to attribute to me words I never wrote.

I never expressed concern about the ability to export - in fact, we are increasingly being contacted by UK companies seeking distributors (I did mention, however, that many are asking for payment in Euros - I guess that shows how much confidence small businesses have in the UK economy at the moment).

What I expressed concern about was the possibility that rising costs for UK companies to export to the EU might be smeared across all their operations, regardless of their customers' locations. I appreciate that this may be too nuanced for you, but I don't think I am alone in worrying about that.

1 minute ago, tebee said:

So it's English people poor linguistic skills  that causes the imbalance ? Maybe we should reform the education system then, rather than leaving the EU.

BTW in my computer consultant days I've worked in the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium without ever having to know the local language!

And how did the Boys from the Black Stuff ever manage? 

tebee

What do you think this says ?

Of course there are exceptions to every rule. Computer geeks only need to speak geek ?

How long did you '' Consult '' in those Countries ?

There is a world of difference between flying in short term to '' Consult '' than moving somewhere permanently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

Your powers of recall seem to be as limited as your powers of reasoning. Please don't use your poor grasp of this thread to attribute to me words I never wrote.

You want me to dig it out the Max - Fac episode and embarrass you ?

Just let me know, I will be only to happy to dig it out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

You want me to dig it out the Max - Fac episode and embarrass you ?

Just let me know, I will be only to happy to dig it out.

You cut off the meat of my post - where I explained why you are, once again, so very, very wrong. But don't waste your efforts pulling up the post. You will find that your recollection was wrong and that my point still stands. 

33 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Not quite.

How quintessentially British! 

Hahaha!

You think English is easy? Typical monoglot comment ?

You find me on the terrace at the Hotel Admiral in Copenhagen drinking Gammel Dansk and speaking Danish with surprising fluency 

Edited by Grouse

25 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

So, your idea of engaging in adult conversation is to respond to a comment I made by simply saying “What tripe” or as in your previous reply to a comment I made “What codswallop!” …… and you want to be taken seriously as an adult conversationalist, I think the only ego out of control here is your own.

I don’t know why you are so angry today, maybe it’s that Swedish air.

Copenhagen is in Denmark

Im not angry, I'm blissfully happy.

BTW, Denmark is awful; you'd hate it 

9 minutes ago, Grouse said:

How quintessentially British! 

Hahaha!

You think English is easy? Typical monoglot comment ?

Obviously not easy for you

Come back when you understand the difference between '' Would one need '' and '' One would need ''

It would appear that the education you keep boasting about, was actually a waste of money.

9 minutes ago, Grouse said:

You think English is easy?

It matters not whether I think English is easy, it is taught widely at schools throughout the rest of the EU.

This will also explain the one way migration to the UK.

Edited by The Renegade
  • Haha 1

THE FRANCO GERMAN ALLIANCE IS LOSING ITS CREDIBILITY AND SUPPORT

The EU was set up in the interests of Germany and France. That is why we were never a good fit. The Euro fanatics will never acknowledge this, but it is the reality. Member states throughout the continent are no longer prepared to rubber stamp everything that Germany and France instruct them to, as they have in the past; they are starting to ask themselves if they really wish to remain in this dysfunctional, increasingly autocratic Union, where Germany and France have always called the shots, yet have bent or ignored the rules to suit themselves.

FROM AN ARTICLE IN THE TIMES

**** Anyone reading this week’s Meseberg Declaration could be forgiven for thinking that the “Franco-German motor” that drives the EU was fully revved up for the next round of reform. The formal statement by Merkel and French president Emmanuel Macron after their meeting at Schloss Meseberg, Germany’s Baroque version of Chequers, included several classic aspirations of the federal European dream.

There was the push to end national vetoes over common foreign policy as well as creating an EU security council, the call for “harmonising asylum practices in the member states” and turning EU border patrol agency Frontex into “a genuine European border police”. And of course there was the French president’s centerpiece project of a single budget for eurozone members by 2021.

Yet never before have such steps on the EU’s path to “ever closer union” seemed more fanciful or harder to agree. Two years after the British referendum, the 27 member states being left behind by the United Kingdom have maintained a remarkable unity on the withdrawal negotiations but can point to precious few areas of agreement on what to do next with their own union.

“In the past the Franco-German motor worked when the other countries went in behind France or Germany, depending on their point of view” said John Springford, deputy director of the Centre for European Reform in London. This meant that when Paris and Berlin agreed, everyone agreed. “The problems now are the new dividing lines between the traditional allies of France and those of Germany. Anti-European integration nationalism is taking hold in traditional partners of internationalism.”

Despite the claims of some Brexiteers, it’s not Britain’s imminent departure that threatens the EU, but the rise of nationalist parties, driven largely by the bloc’s failing immigration and economic policies ****

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Despite the claims of some Brexiteers, it’s not Britain’s imminent departure that threatens the EU, but the rise of nationalist parties, driven largely by the bloc’s failing immigration and economic policies ****

Correct.

Immigration.

The failing immigration is easy to see, it is all over the media, unless of course, you are deaf and blind.

Economic 

Just starting to hit the headlines now, but it has been reported on outside the Guardian & the BBC

France and Germany face a growing backlash from other governments against their plans for a common eurozone budget, dealing a blow to the two countries’ ambitions for a big overhaul of the single currency area.

The Netherlands, Austria and Finland are among 12 governments questioning the need for any joint eurozone “fiscal capacity”, challenging a central tenet of French President Emmanuel Macron’s vision for the eurozone that he has successfully pressed Berlin to endorse.

https://www.ft.com/content/19eba02a-75fd-11e8-b326-75a27d27ea5f

The other one is the MEP elections.

A larger populist presence in the next European parliament is a growing concern in Brussels and other key EU capitals.

https://www.politico.eu/article/populist-plan-for-2019-election-puts-eu-in-cross-hairs/

A perfect is storm is brewing, then throw in EU Budget negotiations for good measure.

It is hardly surprising that the EU *roll farm are on overtime and double shifts ??

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Obviously not easy for you

Come back when you understand the difference between '' Would one need '' and '' One would need ''

It would appear that the education you keep boasting about, was actually a waste of money.

It matters not whether I think English is easy, it is taught widely at schools throughout the rest of the EU.

This will also explain the one way migration to the UK.

You and your partner keep making silly comments about spelling when you know full well that a combination of typos and auto complete are to blame. Kindly cease making playground comments; they are beneath your level of intellect.

I think you will find that most EU schools teach more than one foreign language. In my case, my colleagues all spoke English; I learnt their languages as a courtesy and so that I could understand their conversations.

I do not boast about my education but rather acknowledge that it has provided me with so many benefits in life. For your information I am a semi-conductor physicist having read joint honours applied physics and chemistry at Durham.

Considering the careers I have helped build and the companies created I fail to see how it was a waste of money. Incidently, the government paid all my fees, living expenses and beer money. I am grateful.

Now why don't you tell us why you, and so many other Brexiters, are anti-university education.

I used to make chips but I don't have one on my shoulder ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1