Police launch major crackdown on foreigners on Soi Cowboy - scores of English teachers and visa overstayers arrested

webfact

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That isnt a correct interpretation .

I have no empathy for criminals.

We are all more or less criminals on a daily/weekly and/or monthly basis be it all from minor traffic crimes to serious offences.

Empathy is nothing we can choose to have - we have it or we dont with a possibility to learn how to develop ....:coffee1:

Edited by ttrd

7 hours ago, Ketyo said:

Its just a pantomime. The police round up a few drug pushers from time to time to make it look like they are doing something. 4:30 today, the day after the 'crackdown' , a walk past the 7-11 at the end of Suk Soi 13 will confirm the Africa drug pushers are already out and hassling passers by. Also the day after the last 'crackdown' at the Nana hotel in Soi 4 the African ladies were out in force grabbing the arms of passers by.

The first 24 hours are the best 24 hours, due to the impunity from arrest for the same offence during that time period. 

3 hours ago, 348GTS said:

Was that pun intentional or unintentional ??  Gold !!!

I wish it was intentional, but I am afraid not

I only had fat in mind

Thanks for pointing it out I dont mind adding to the overall entertainment

Edited by oldlakey
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, NanLaew said:

191 is the phone number for Special Branch and is thus their 'handle' as in "Call 191!"

It's nothing to do with having 191 officers on the raid.

Ah, well,  A bit misleading, journalistically speaking. 
Thanks for the info.

"Without explaining in further detail they said that the illegals came from Uganda, Rwanda, India, Uzbekistan, Canada, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Burma, Laos and Cambodia."

No one from Gambia?

Zut, looks like Gambians doesn't need to go to Thailand for sex.

To be honest I never noticed a lot of black people inside Soi Cowboy. A few Indians maybe.
Probably the article is a bit misleading. It seems they had only their temporary HQ there and rounded up the surrounding area.

1 hour ago, CLW said:

To be honest I never noticed a lot of black people inside Soi Cowboy. A few Indians maybe.
Probably the article is a bit misleading. It seems they had only their temporary HQ there and rounded up the surrounding area.

Yes, just the press conference in Soi Cowboy, not the arrests. The article in post #8 is more accurate than the one in the OP. 

12 hours ago, Syduan said:

Who takes pride in having no soul, empathy or other wise except for you're self.

Strange thing, having empathy for criminals who make conscious choices to break laws and then expect no action when caught.

Showing empathy for these criminals means treating and processing them in a reasonable manner and deporting them without malice, spite or unnecessary force or cruelty. I've not seen anything to suggest they were treated so. Quite the reverse. Handled very professionally, swiftly and in accordance with the law. 

The UK has a massive issue with illegal immigrants but the police and immigration authorities are reluctant to do much about it because of interference from politicians and the PC Empathy brigade. 

• Thanks 1

Complete BS, i was there last night with a mate of mine who's a manager for a very famous bar in Cowboy. We closed up at twelve on the orders of the BIB, then we went a few doors down for a lock in at a bar owned by the BIB, and it was implied that we didn't have to leave or pack in drinking....... As for arrests, i never saw one, and i was sat outside all night watching the BIB walking up and down just doing their thing........ Looks to me as though the powers that be are testing the waters before they stick their feet in......... Careful boys, the cops have guns as well........

14 hours ago, oldlakey said:

I wish it was intentional, but I am afraid not

I only had fat in mind

Thanks for pointing it out I dont mind adding to the overall entertainment

Oh dear the penny has just dropped as regards to what I have said there

Luckily some posts have been removed including the evidence in my case

I am out of here before I open my mouth again