Kawasaki W range, been browsing today.

Richyba

I agree, I looked long and hard before settling for my 650 at home and it's been a great choice, still love it! 

That green thing is a beauty, the other colours looked crap i thought, anyone know a price? 

• Like 1

That green thing is a beauty, the other colours looked crap i thought, anyone know a price? 

If you weren’t there, you wouldn’t understand!

Never seen a cafe yet but the ‘Jaffa’ looks stunning IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Other colours were there but I think they don't have the lines of the green one and look somehow bloated, the W800 would be my choice anyway, love the narrow engine and lack of radiator but each to their own. 

DSC_1072.JPG

• Like 2

I was thinking about W175, but I think 175cc will be too weak for anything really, up the hill or highway - you could well be on a 150cc scooter. At that price you can also check Stallion 400cc, that bike has an exceptional engine, 4 valves and EFi from what I heard, not sure how the body will hold up though....(some second-hands selling at 80-90k) 

W250 should really be in 120-130k range, I have no idea how they come up with 220k, don't they want anybody to buy it... !? (A bit like bar girls giving the farang silly prices when they don't like them and don't want to go with them....! lol)

They say it is the tax on W250 because it is made in Japan, I mean is the tax +100% ... !?

Considering most other things are the same I wonder how much really cost more to make a bigger engine, just cast iron block for 75cc more than 175cc, is it the price of extra steel... !?!?!  I think the manufacturers really ripping off consumers on that, say 125, 150, 175, 200, 250, 400, 500cc, considering same SOHC, 2 valve, air cooled, how much difference is really in the cost of making of these !!!?     

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Agusts said:

They say it is the tax on W250 because it is made in Japan, I mean is the tax +100% ... !?

Buffalo extrement. Japan and Thailand have a trade agreement which by now puts motorbike import duties at 0%. That's how the big-cc Hondas can have normal prices here while being Japan imports.

Kawa is just overpricing these models through the roof.

• Like 1

I agree prices are stupid particularly the 250 makes no sense, I actually reckon the 400 Stallions would make the basis of a good little bike and the price is right, my only reservation is it still looks fairly small and I'm not too slim but by the time I'm back early next year used ones could be 70k, got to be value! 

• Like 1

You might also like to try and sat on a Suzuki Van Van 200cc, but I generally didn't like it, not much of a highway, comfort bike, abnormally big fat tires for off road and doing crazy maneuvers I guess, also not much power and low top speed from what I read...

• Like 2

Don't get me wrong I'm sure it's great but the looks just don't do it for me and I can remember the Z1000 although I've never ridden one, it looks kind of top heavy and bloated width wise, each to their own I suppose and I must say the latest CB1100 doesn't look a patch on the older one, anyway 500k will ensure that I won't be having one soon particularly as I'm only here for 2 or 3 months a year, I wouldn't say no to one at home though but it could never replace my W650. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NormanW said:

I sold my 5 year old Z1000 and 2 year old SR 400 to get the Z900RS Cafè. 

I paid 495k as they have a promotion this month of 10k off including free insurance and registration.

Love it yeah. Arh those childhood memories!

Never liked that Transformers Z Thou.

Love Yam SR singles especially a drum front brake 500 - may buy one someday... Gotta be a S/H version with a carb.

Z900 Cafe - Impressive bit of kit, styling wise it is excellent for a Japanese factory.

Pics and road test evaluations please. Keep us informed

• Like 2

I sold my 5 year old Z1000 and 2 year old SR 400 to get the Z900RS Cafè. 

I paid 495k as they have a promotion this month of 10k off including free insurance and registration.

Love it yeah. Arh those childhood memories!

Your the man Mr Grimsdale!!
Enjoy!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Nice one thanks. I'vegot a YouTube channel jonniethai yet not sure if you can share here. I should know given how long I've been a member;)

Just had her wrapped and made some video clips so will fathom how to piece them together.

Meanwhile things have changed a tad since I posted a photo so here goes for the url on a pic the other day before I picked her up.

20180227_100443

Let the good times roll.

I don't think there has been a prettier bikini fairing made in the 21st century.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, moe666 said:

Enjoy your new ride good looking bike

I couldn't own one. My inner self/voice would not allow me. It has 4 cylinders. It is water cooled. It has no carburetors.

At least it has a round headlight and analogue clocks...

Doesn't mean I don't like it, just I can't own one.

• Haha 1

Congt NormanW on the Z900 cafe, love the new Z900 retros as well, the much cheaper Z900 looks like some kind of insect as mentioned.

I was actually at Kawa big bike Pattaya earlier this week as asked for a deal if I trade in my V650 2015 (mk3) for a Z900rs. They offered me 150k baht!! <deleted>, I told the sales lady I can get 180K baht from the insurance if totaled. I think that is really lousy from Mityon that they thread a old customer like this, and I obviously didn't take the deal. Doubt I buy any bike/scooter from Mityon again and I also bought my pcx150 6 years ago outside Pattaya as it was +5000 baht cheaper there because Mityon had inflated the prices due to demand on the new 150cc model.

Back to the W800, yes lovely bike for sure but they been discontinued from the factory, last year I think and Kawa Thailand will sell remaining stock.   

29 minutes ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Congt NormanW on the Z900 cafe, love the new Z900 retros as well, the much cheaper Z900 looks like some kind of insect as mentioned.

I was actually at Kawa big bike Pattaya earlier this week as asked for a deal if I trade in my V650 2015 (mk3) for a Z900rs. They offered me 150k baht!! <deleted>, I told the sales lady I can get 180K baht from the insurance if totaled. I think that is really lousy from Mityon that they thread a old customer like this, and I obviously didn't take the deal. Doubt I buy any bike/scooter from Mityon again and I also bought my pcx150 6 years ago outside Pattaya as it was +5000 baht cheaper there because Mityon had inflated the prices due to demand on the new 150cc model.

Back to the W800, yes lovely bike for sure but they been discontinued from the factory, last year I think and Kawa Thailand will sell remaining stock.   

Thanks. Arh right ok. 

Yeah they offered 200k for my 2013 Z1000 which on the insurance was 340k.

Sold to a dealer for 260k. Sold the SR to the same lad.

Yeah touring less now (3 times a year instead of 6) so combined those 2 bikes into 1 with the RS which will act as my touring and daily commute to Rayong and back. 

Got the bag on the back now rather than panniers off yhe zed.

Thanks. Arh right ok. 

Yeah they offered 200k for my 2013 Z1000 which on the insurance was 340k.

Sold to a dealer for 260k. Sold the SR to the same lad.

Yeah touring less now (3 times a year instead of 6) so combined those 2 bikes into 1 with the RS which will act as my touring and daily commute to Rayong and back. 

Got the bag on the back now rather than panniers off yhe zed.

Which dealer was that?